The Queen of the South thread

I've heard it so often on here, I'd pretty much assumed it must be the case.
You'd imagine that SD will have more grasp of the reality than most though.
I expect so. My choice of "external" wasn't correct mind you.

16 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Can anyone clarify if Gary Oliver is still with Queens?

2 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Gone

A bit in today's paper about him.  Seems he had to play 20 games to trigger the second year of his contract. The season being stopped early meant he didn't make it so he's been punted with the others. 

It's a real emotional rollercoaster just now between feeling genuinely sorry for all footballers at this level and below (and anyone else in any industry for that matter) facing uncertainty over their futures, and being absolutely delighted to see these shysters punted from the club.

Guest Flash
16 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

It's a real emotional rollercoaster just now between feeling genuinely sorry for all footballers at this level and below (and anyone else in any industry for that matter) facing uncertainty over their futures, and being absolutely delighted to see these shysters punted from the club.

Has the manager been brought back to work in order to help with the decision? If not, and the decision was made by the board on a purely financial basis, is there a possibility he might want to re-sign some of them when he does come back?

14 minutes ago, Flash said:

Has the manager been brought back to work in order to help with the decision? If not, and the decision was made by the board on a purely financial basis, is there a possibility he might want to re-sign some of them when he does come back?

According to Gary Oliver it was the Manager who contacted the relevant  players about the decision that contracts weren't being renewed. Oliver says the Players Union is looking into his situation. 

23 minutes ago, Flash said:

I wouldnt have thought it really mattered. Even if the manager wanted to keep a player, the board arent going to offer any contracts for next season until we know if there will be one and when its going to start.

So, yes, I suppose its possible we might see some of them back

Just now, Mr X said:

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just read in another paper that the released players are "furious" with the Chairman who seems to have "gone into hiding"  and is not returning their calls.  

Or maybe not :unsure2:

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I wouldnt have thought it really mattered. Even if the manager wanted to keep a player, the board arent going to offer any contracts for next season until we know if there will be one and when its going to start.

It only mattered in terms of palmy cammy saying he was glad to see the back of them, so if the manager hadn’t been involved in the decision some, or all, of them might have been re-signed, obviously once football at this level is back. Anyway, Fae the Briggs had already clarified the point.

24 minutes ago, Flash said:

I am sure one or two players will be offered a return. I would think the players would be disappointed rather than furious. 
Quite rightly they must be wondering why they can’t be furloughed for at least another month when other clubs are happy to do so.

12 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I am sure one or two players will be offered a return. I would think the players would be disappointed rather than furious. 
Quite rightly they must be wondering why they can’t be furloughed for at least another month when other clubs are happy to do so.

"Furious" is the term used in the newspaper article I read.  Maybe a bit of Press licence used of course. 

36 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just read in another paper that the released players are "furious" with the Chairman who seems to have "gone into hiding"  and is not returning their calls.  

Players will be disapointed I would think rather than furious (typical newspaper headlines). 

At the end of the day I would think the first point of contact for the players would be  AJ (if he ain't furloughed) rather than BH.

Surely AJ will have indicated to certain players he would like to sign again for next season the same as any Queens manager does at this time of year. 

Very difficult times for everyone involved in football.