The Queen of the South thread

Maybe Skyline could comment on this one - can we see the template for the home & away strips for next season? I know the shirt draw cant take place yet, so replica strips cant be ordered, but the club must have decided what strip design its going to use?

Iain Wilson been let go from Kilmarnock. Take him above him any midfielder from last year
Surprised to see that. I thought he was well liked at Killie. Hopefully we at least get the chance to offer him a deal. See Frizzell has been released as well, hopefully we don't go for him again.

Iain Wilson been let go from Kilmarnock. Take him above him any midfielder from last year

I quite like Wilson as a player. Given he signed for us on loan in the last two January windows he must however have experienced an “impressive” number of defeats in a QOS jersey [emoji50]

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Would really like to see him back at Queens next season he would be the ideal ball winning midfielder for the team he has a great engine and always gives 100%. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Would really like to see him back at Queens next season he would be the ideal ball winning midfielder for the team he has a great engine and always gives 100%. 

What makes you think he'd be "the ideal ball winning midfielder for the team"? 

I struggle to remember many ball winning tackles and/or interceptions made from him. 

Guest Flash
13 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I quite like Wilson as a player. Given he signed for us on loan in the last two January windows he must however have experienced an “impressive” number of defeats in a QOS jersey emoji50.png

I think he has played 19 games in total for us in the Championship, which is roughly the equivalent of half a season. We have won one of the 19 games.

Full record is P19 W1 D4 L14  Scored 10 Conceded 34

7 points from 19 games.

I quite like Wilson as a player. Given he signed for us on loan in the last two January windows he must however have experienced an “impressive” number of defeats in a QOS jersey [emoji50]

This did cross my mind, but he’s a damn sight better than any other central midfielder we had last year. Him being the more defensive thinking one beside a more creative type would work an absolute treat IMO, then keep one of Lyon or Pybus to cover. None of Kidd, Paton or Osman please

37 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

This did cross my mind, but he’s a damn sight better than any other central midfielder we had last year. Him being the more defensive thinking one beside a more creative type would work an absolute treat IMO, then keep one of Lyon or Pybus to cover. None of Kidd, Paton or Osman please

Think this is the time now to give young players trying to make their way into the game an opportunity of fulltime football, can see a number of top clubs releasing quite a few players due to the circumstances at the moment. Just have to hope AJ is monitoring the positions of lots of young players, let's try build a young team that can stay together for a couple of seasons.