The Queen of the South thread

Eh???  Best Queens top ever, I reckon.

I liked that year's jersey up until the semi final tbh. It was nice with the yellow through it but the one we wore in the Semi-final was pretty dull IMO.

On 14/04/2020 at 13:55, Skyline Drifter said:

Backwards Stephen Dobbie is progressively posting more and more like TruthHurts every week. 🤔

I've no idea who that is but I'd much rather post like them than make fake accounts to suck my own cock.

You just have to look at how many "Queens fans" went to Hampden with Gretna to see how many turn coats and glory hunters left us to watch them. I simply asked where they went after Gretna went bust. But it's something you dont agree with so obviously it can't be true then eh? (going your past posts.) 

I've no idea who that is but I'd much rather post like them than make fake accounts to suck my own cock.
You just have to look at how many "Queens fans" went to Hampden with Gretna to see how many turn coats and glory hunters left us to watch them. I simply asked where they went after Gretna went bust. But it's something you dont agree with so obviously it can't be true then eh? (going your past posts.) 

How do you know how many "QoS fans" went to the game, out of interest?

On 10/03/2020 at 22:15, virginton said:

Erm yes, good for him. Just a shame that he can’t defend, his team can’t win a game and they’re both getting relegated at the end of it.

2462B576-7882-4E5F-89A5-7427E74C1142.jpeg.1d68d3d8f55c744dd744ba14d33d2140.jpeg

On 10/03/2020 at 22:44, virginton said:

There’s no need to protect your precious little cherub now: he’s a fully grown adult but just a particularly shite footballer. 

I’m sure Cove will be lovely at this time of year too.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

B94A746D-BE0E-4F41-9151-1982A69A9E29.jpeg

85156C64-6B5B-4383-BFAD-B3E31AA69E42.jpeg

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't wait for this lockdown to be over so I can get my Hamilton and Covid 19 tattoo.

Surely Montrose and Raith will feature on there too?

In all seriousness we have dodged a  big fucking bullet. Maybe not a Hamilton sized one, but one that I think would still have been terminal for our stay in the Championship.

I do feel sorry for Partick and Stranraer and to a certain extent all the teams in the promotion play offs.  It is a crap outcome for them. 

God knows what the footballing landscape will be like when it starts up again. Hopefully it will be better than the last couple of seasons though.

In all seriousness we have dodged a  big fucking bullet. Maybe not a Hamilton sized one, but one that I think would still have been terminal for our stay in the Championship.
I do feel sorry for Partick and Stranraer and to a certain extent all the teams in the promotion play offs.  It is a crap outcome for them. 
God knows what the footballing landscape will be like when it starts up again. Hopefully it will be better than the last couple of seasons though.

It really is a massive get out of jail card. There's no question we were going down this year. The bad thing is that it may just be a stay of execution as AJ will be in charge next season again.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
24 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

It really is a massive get out of jail card. There's no question we were going down this year. The bad thing is that it may just be a stay of execution as AJ will be in charge next season again.

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts for. Whatever happens though, every club’s budget will be hit. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two clubs go part time in the Championship  to add to Alloa and Arbroath. 

Edited by qos_75

I’d chip in money for him to get the punt. Division is going to be hard if not harder next season (I don’t believe partick will go down). Honestly think we’re asking for trouble him still being in charge

I see a lot of chat about 14 team premier but what is the plan for championship? Are they going to cobble something together to keep Partick up?!

100% that’s what will happen. Raith, Falkirk up. Personally would like to see 3rd and 4th up as well, so that’d be Airdrie and Montrose up as well make the championship a 12 team league. Then below that turn it into a north/south. Promote Kelty/Bonnyrigg to south and Brora/Inverurie. If were going to reconstruct let’s do it right.

1 hour ago, BIGdavieT said:

If we have to have a split I like the 14 team splitting into 6/8 much better. I can’t see anything in the media regarding what they want to do with the championship exactly.

Don't think there is much doubt that the proposal will be no relegation, Raith and Falkirk up so the league stays at 10.

However, the chances of reconstruction being voted through must be extremely low.  Only 2 top tier clubs need to vote 'no' to scupper any proposal.  The proposal must involve a split after 2 rounds of fixtures, probably 6/8 to reduce the risk of fixture congestion for clubs who play in Europe.   That would means that clubs like St Johnstone, Killie and Motherwell run the risk of having 2 guaranteed pay days instead of 3 as they have under the current set up.  

My cynical view is that Ann Budge was chosen to head up the 'task force' for a few reasons.

1.  It makes it much harder for Hearts to join Partick in any attempt to challenge the vote that has taken place.

2.  She (and by extension any reconstruction proposal) can be attacked that this is just an exercise to save Hearts from relegation.  A proposal to move to 14 for a couple of years and then go back to 12 is even easier to attack on this basis.

3.  Her ill-judged comments on the number of clubs will be in the minds of clubs in the lower leagues who have no real incentive to vote in favour.  Speaking of ill-judged comments, the Forfar chairman admitted that they would rather see Falkirk and Partick in League 1 next year than Cove and Edinburgh City.  His words will cost Forfar, but clubs like Dumbarton and Clyde will surely feel the same way, and vote accordingly.

If the SPFL really wanted a credible reconstruction task force they would have looked for a chair with no vested interests.

2 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Is this your proposal, or is the suggestion that this is a first cut of a proposal from the 'task force'?

It’s been around for a while now. So long I can’t remember where it came from tbh. 

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

I’d chip in money for him to get the punt. Division is going to be hard if not harder next season (I don’t believe partick will go down). Honestly think we’re asking for trouble him still being in charge

We have to make changes somehow get rid of AJ it  will be expensive but it must be done .

We are playing worse football now than when Naysmith was manager .

It is very difficult with our budget but why don't we try and have a core of full time players backed up with decent part time players.

The way it is just now we are getting poor full time players that nobody else wants I guarantee the likes of Paton and Kidd  had no other offers to go anywhere else last summer.