The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Best. Queens Top. Ever.

At least before Macron anyway. Love that top. The recent Macron ones with embedded designs are probably better right enough.

Nah, it's a hideous top, and I'm the possessor of one.

The only other thing that could have made that magnificent day any better would have been to have had it staged at a bursting Tynecastle rather than a roomy Hampden.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Best. Queens Top. Ever.

At least before Macron anyway. 

All a matter of taste I suppose. I thought they were honking. Don’t get me wrong they were part of the occasion.

For me, all of our 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s kits blew the Surridge ones out of the water.

The Joma League One winning kits are  my favourites of late. Macron started well but have become all too similar.

Is this our last season with Macron?

Edited by qos_75

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Were there really that many of them?

Surely anyone capable of boarding that particular rickety bandwagon, would've been incapable of the sort of irrational commitment required to follow a side like Queens in the first place.

Yeah this. I know people from Dumfries who went to Gretna regularly, either because they won all the time or the tickets were free, or both. But they werent Queens fans and we didnt lose them.

I dont think many went ftom Queens to Gretna.

Best. Queens Top. Ever.
At least before Macron anyway. Love that top. The recent Macron ones with embedded designs are probably better right enough.

Like the Macron tops and merchandise but it’s time we either reverted back to the club crest we had during the cup run era or a completely new and more modern design.

The one we’ve had the last few seasons is boring and old fashioned. Time to move with the times IMO.

As I've had time on my hands, I was poking about on fitbastats.com, it has Queens' all-time records against everyone, fascinating stuff (for statos like me).

We have played 3,941 competitive games, won 37.9%, drew 21.6% and lost 40.5%. So we've only lost slightly more than we've won, it just seems more losses. Particularly this season.

Our most successful manager, based on win %, is who? Clue, Allan Johnson is 2nd. (He was probably first before the start of this season) .

Our most frequent opponents in the league are East Fife and Clyde, 117 games each, Stenhousemuir are 3rd, 111 games.

Our most frequent opponents overall are East Fife, 147 times.

It even has an international section, covering that foray to Denmark and our games against Linfield, Crusaders etc..

Anything's better than doing the garden. Again......

Best and worst badges for me. I like our actual shield though and would like to see that be our badge again.

(Best, OU one)queen-of-the-south-home-football-shirt-1996-1997-s_10158_1.jpeg.22ed9a0fcde981be60a74df555db6812.jpegqueen-of-the-south-home-football-shirt-2006-2007-s_45622_2.jpeg.7e577320783c43f8c1ce129db2d8fa0b.jpeg

Both nice badges and far better than the one we’ve been using the last few seasons. It’s time we used something more modern

30 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Would be great if someone with the technological know how could capture some of the game on Saturday and pop it in YouTube. The only versions I can find right now all have honking music over the top.

THIS Sunday 1915  BBC SCOTLAND 

I see our support still refuse to accept we lost some fans to Gretna. The amount of  "Queens fans" at Gretna's Scottish cup final was laughable. 
If they left QoS to gloryhunt Gretna, they weren't QoS fans.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
16 minutes ago, eibbod nehpets said:
I see our support still refuse to accept we lost some fans to Gretna. The amount of  "Queens fans" at Gretna's Scottish cup final was laughable. 

If they left QoS to gloryhunt Gretna, they weren't QoS fans.

And they'd also have happily come along to the final two years later as well.

I maintain that any number of genuine defections would have been tiny.

Guest Flash
3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And they'd also have happily come along to the final two years later as well.

I maintain that any number of genuine defections would have been tiny.

And we’ve lost more fans since Gretna’s demise than we did around that time. It would be far more useful to try to address that than go over stuff that happened more than 10 years ago.