The Queen of the South thread

I've said similar previously but I'm not sure about Dobbie as gaffer. I doubt I'll ever worship a QoS player in the same way ever again (and nothing can ever damage his achievements for us as a player) but the reality is, if he has a managerial stint with us and is poor, then we'll all be critical. I really don't want to see him in a negative light.

FWIW, if he could stamp his style of play on a side then it would make for good viewing. I agree he doesn't appear to be the most vocal on the park but then I don't think a striker should ever be the Captain (CM, CB or GK for me). Jimmy T was arguably one of our best Captains though and was never going to be a good manager so being a poorer Captain doesn't automatically mean he'll be poor as a gaffer IMO.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think a striker should ever be the Captain (CM, CB or GK for me).

I'm not a massive fan of strikers as captains either but I'd much rather a striker than a goalkeeper. There's also absolutely no reason why a full back couldn't be a captain.

Wonder if Queens were involved with the Championship Whatts App group amongst club reps that ICT Gardiner was taking about on the radio yesterday.

I don't really think there's any need for such a thing, surely each club should be able to make its own mind up without discussing it with other clubs.... 

55 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Hoped that... Even tho ICT Gardiner said all clubs in a Championship were... 

Going by the press , it looks to me like it was only ICT , Dundee and Partick who were in the group , as they were the only 3 who put up their vote in the group message to prove they had voted NO , even though Dundee’s now seems to have not been sent when they said it had 

41 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:
BBC Scotland channel, next Sunday night.
Screenshot_20200412-190401.thumb.jpg.ae8b14bf090bf9ecf1ba4ff9db164ad1.jpg

I was at that game as a neutral albeit in the Queens end. Great game, superb entertainment and a pleasing result.

Absolutely my favourite QOS game.  I said to my mate as we arrived that our best/only chance of winning was to keep it tight.  0-0 after an hour would be ideal. It was 4-3 after an hour 😃

Bored so bought Football Manager 20. Went QOS and lasted 6 months! Despite a tremendous win over Morton in the Scottish Cup our league form was awful. That said I was only a couple of points behind Alloa and Partick and was hopeful of catching them in the 2nd half of the season but the Board had had enough and replaced me with Billy McKinlay. I now have a deeper respect and admiration for Allan Johnston.

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Absolutely my favourite QOS game.  I said to my mate as we arrived that our best/only chance of winning was to keep it tight.  0-0 after an hour would be ideal. It was 4-3 after an hour 😃

A tremendous day

mini-091 012.jpg

mini-091 020.jpg

mini-091 024.jpg

Like all clubs we’re do all the supporters who turn up for Scottish cup semi finals disappear too ?
what has happened at Palmerston with crowds since?

Probably went back to "supporting" the OF on the tele. The same folk who would have been regulars at Raydale for a few seasons.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:
Like all clubs we’re do all the supporters who turn up for Scottish cup semi finals disappear too ?

Probably went back to "supporting" the OF on the tele. The same folk who would have been regulars at Raydale for a few seasons.

Totally this.

If you'd stopped the vast majority of those who attended these games in the street, and asked them who they supported, either six months earlier or later, the answer would not have been Queens.  

These 'fans' were never really ours in any sense that allowed them to potentially be retained.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

And probably a lot of them were friends and family of regulars and they would never be likely to go to run of the mill games anyway. Most of the people who don’t go to games probably view those who go to watch the likes of Queens v Alloa on a freezing January afternoon in a game that will determine whether we ultimately finish 7th or 8th in the second tier of Scottish football as a wee bit eccentric.

1 hour ago, eibbod nehpets said:

Did we ever get the fans back that fucked off to support Gretna??

Were there really that many of them?

Surely anyone capable of boarding that particular rickety bandwagon, would've been incapable of the sort of irrational commitment required to follow a side like Queens in the first place.