The Queen of the South thread

Dan pybus agent putting him about on twitter before Christmas I’d have been gutted, after not so much. Little ability, plenty effort. Out of ‘centre mids’ I’d probably keep lyon the most... probably

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Dan pybus agent putting him about on twitter before Christmas I’d have been gutted, after not so much. Little ability, plenty effort. Out of ‘centre mids’ I’d probably keep lyon the most... probably

I’d be surprised if he got another gig as a full time footballer.

I’d be surprised if he got another gig as a full time footballer.
This. If we're the smallest FT club in the country, I doubt he's going to get a bigger gig. If we offer him another deal (can't say I'd be bothered either way) he should bite the club's hand off.

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

I think this will happen until Queens make any kind of offer to the existing squad. That won’t happen until this season either finishes or is void.

From the current squad only 4 are signed thru till end if next season Leighfield Holt Oliver & Dobbie of the remaining players on our books we must prioritise getting Semple Mercer Pybus & Murray signed up and get an experienced Goalkeeper added to the squad an experienced CB to play alongside Semple an experienced central midfielder and we have Dobbie's experience upfront the spine of the team would be solid then fill in the gaps with young players that want to learn and play for Queens (not journeymen) and build a team for the next couple of seasons rather than starting from scratch every season. 

From the current squad only 4 are signed thru till end if next season Leighfield Holt Oliver & Dobbie of the remaining players on our books we must prioritise getting Semple Mercer Pybus & Murray signed up and get an experienced Goalkeeper added to the squad an experienced CB to play alongside Semple an experienced central midfielder and we have Dobbie's experience upfront the spine of the team would be solid then fill in the gaps with young players that want to learn and play for Queens (not journeymen) and build a team for the next couple of seasons rather than starting from scratch every season. 

I wouldn’t prioritise Pybus

Have you heard that Pybus is away ?? ........ it is an agents job to put his player forward to other clubs to be fair.

No, but a strange time to be doing it when everything’s up in the air. My problem with not keeping him isn’t agent doing that, it’s just his lack of footballing ability, i could pick 11 folk of terrace that would give 100% like he does

I was at the 2-1 victory against Ayr United in December. Dan Pybus was probably the best player on the park that day. Gary Holt, the Livingstone manager was there probably watching Alan Forrest. He could only have been impressed with Dan that day.

If he then sent one of his scouts for a follow up after that game I don’t think he would have been too impressed, his form definitely dipped after New Year. Not sure wether he was carrying an injury in the second half of the season or not but he wasn’t the same player.

Not too fussed if he signed on again (when ever that maybe) or went to pastures new.

2 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

SPFL proposing Championship, L1 and L2 be ended if no restart is possible. No play-offs therefore we stay up, Thistle go down and Raith come up.

Hopefull this is the case & then the club can start getting players in place for next season. Thus relieving players of months of uncertainty.... 

Reckon semple will be away as him and Johnson obv dont get on and Murray’s meant to have signed pre contract with livi. Mercer and pybus you would assume would resign

Just an update on this Saturday's virtual half time 50/50 draw. Unvelievable response so far with 183 possible participants (still waiting on some payments) a big thank you also to the Doonhamers travel club for the excellent contribution. At the moment the winning ticket will receive £590 and the club £590 obviously this will change a great deal once we receive the rest of the payments.
Please try and push this amongst fellow Queen's and football fans in general would be great to raise £1000 for the club. Ross Corbett

There is no way the Scottish FA will play this season to an end. The complications with players contracts alone will not let this happen. Players will have other clubs lined up, contracts finishing end of May or Pre Contacts already signed.

That fact and the knock on effect for next season ( they will want as normal a season as possible next season ) means this season will be ended now.

Instead of just voting on ending the season there should be a vote on a restructuring solution at the same time showing that no team needs to be relegated and clubs can be promoted.

2 promoted from The Championship, 4 from L1, 6 from L2.

No relegation.

14 team Premiership, 12 team Championship, 12 team L1, 12 team L2 with 6 Lowland/ Highland League clubs invited.

Play Each team 3 or 4 times. 33 or 44 game season. More revenue.

Premiership play 3 times each. 39 Game season.

Just My Thoughts ⚽⚽👍

5 hours ago, trotsky27 said:

Reckon semple will be away as him and Johnson obv dont get on and Murray’s meant to have signed pre contract with livi. Mercer and pybus you would assume would resign

Semple should be a priority signing for Johnston, He is a very good young CB there are not many of the likes going around. He really enjoys playing at Queens and plays with his heart on his sleave, shame maybe the manager doesn't quite grasp that would be a big loss to the club, He is a player the club could make money from in the future. 

Connor Murray to Livi very surprised to hear that he's a Championship level player at best, He hasn't improved enough in last few seasons to say otherwise... 

Guest Flash
21 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Until its known when football will resume it seems silly signing players when theres no guarantee next season will even be able to go ahead. 

Agree. And I’m not sure I would be in a desperate rush to re-sign any players who took part in the 10 games this year that produced no wins and 3 points.  And if we escape relegation due to the season being curtailed, that doesn’t mean Johnston should keep his job. So he shouldn’t be signing anybody for next season either now or at any future point.