The Queen of the South thread

As I said last week, it's not a particularly likely way to raise funds quickly. You couldn't offer shares in return for donations now because if the shareholders didn't approve it (and they may well not) then what are you left to do? It's fine as an opportunity to promote for club's with surplus unissued share capital. As a short term money raiser for us right now it's a non starter.
Thanks for your reply SD. I appreciate that.

Just read on the MAD site that the BARFLIES have given Queens a cheque for £9000.  This  annual donation was not due to be paid until the start of next season,  they have already made a donation at the start of this season, but has been paid now to help the club through this difficult time.  Well done Barflies. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just read on the MAD site that the BARFLIES have given Queens a cheque for £9000.  This  annual donation was not due to be paid until the start of next season,  they have already made a donation at the start of this season, but has been paid now to help the club through this difficult time.  Well done Barflies. 

They are unbelievable .

There is an option to donate funds to the club on the website.  The article entitled 'Coronovirus Business Lockdown' posted on Tuesday 24 March says that it is possible to make a donation but doesn't say how to do so. 

If there is anyone reading this who has editing rights to the website it would be helpful if they could post a new article with a link to the page below so as many people as possible are aware of this option.

Thanks

https://store.qosfc.com/make-a-donation

1 hour ago, Parttimesupporter said:

There is an option to donate funds to the club on the website.  The article entitled 'Coronovirus Business Lockdown' posted on Tuesday 24 March says that it is possible to make a donation but doesn't say how to do so. 

If there is anyone reading this who has editing rights to the website it would be helpful if they could post a new article with a link to the page below so as many people as possible are aware of this option.

Thanks

https://store.qosfc.com/make-a-donation

I wrote it. Its part of a section about facilities remaining available within the online store. I thought it was self explanatory but fair enough. Next time I am on the club website I will edit it. 

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I wrote it. Its part of a section about facilities remaining available within the online store. I thought it was self explanatory but fair enough. Next time I am on the club website I will edit it. 

Thanks SD.  Hopefully folk can work it out, but I think it would be even better if there was a short stand alone item.  That way the facility is highlighted to people who might not read the existing article.

Also thanks to you and others who put a lot of time and effort into working for the club in your own time.  Conscious it must be hard to try and help out on here when you have your own family and working life to worry about.

All the best

6 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Thanks SD.  Hopefully folk can work it out, but I think it would be even better if there was a short stand alone item.  That way the facility is highlighted to people who might not read the existing article.

Also thanks to you and others who put a lot of time and effort into working for the club in your own time.  Conscious it must be hard to try and help out on here when you have your own family and working life to worry about.

All the best

At least don't make it so obvious, SD...

23 minutes ago, eibbod nehpets said:

At least don't make it so obvious, SD...

Are you seriously trying to suggest that SD has set up a duplicate account so that 'virtual SD' can kiss his ass?   Get a grip.

My original post suggested that an article on the website could be more effective.  He replied saying what he would do, and in turn I suggested what I thought was a slightly better way of achieving the same end.  If I was SD and was going to spend a lot of time kissing my own ass I would not have been (mildly) critical of the website or suggested that there was a slightly better was of improving it.

As it happens I know who he is and I have an idea of how much work he puts in.  In difficult times I thought it would be nice to show some appreciation for people like him.

For the avoidance of doubt I have no connection with anyone on the Board - we just need to stick together and do our best to help the Club.

Edited by Parttimesupporter

15 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Are you seriously trying to suggest that SD has set up a duplicate account so that 'virtual SD' can kiss his ass?   Get a grip.

My original post suggested that an article on the website could be more effective.  He replied saying what he would do, and in turn I suggested what I thought was a slightly better way of achieving the same end.  If I was SD and was going to spend a lot of time kissing my own ass I would not have been (mildly) critical of the website or suggested that there was a slightly better was of improving it.

As it happens I know who he is and I have an idea of how much work he puts in.  In difficult times I thought it would be nice to show some appreciation for people like him.

For the avoidance of doubt I have no connection with anyone on the Board - we just need to stick together and do our best to help the Club.

Gotya!

Exactly the sort of thing SD would say 

A nice touch from a class act

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4988

Skipper's Fundraiser

Hi everyone

My name is Stephen Dobbie and I am a professional footballer for Queen of the South FC in the Scottish Championship.

We are living in frightening times at the moment and my family and I are following the government guidelines to stay home and save lives.

However, my family and I felt like we wanted to do something more to help our amazing army of NHS staff who are on the frontline battling COVID-19 head on.

So I decided along with my two sons, Jack 10 and Maxwell 7, that we would shave our heads to raise money for the NHS Charities COVID-19 Urgent Appeal. The kids are very excited to do this and my wife Susanne will be sure to capture the event and post the video on her Twitter account @susanne_dobbie

I know everyone is facing financial uncertainty but even if you could spare £1 we would be so grateful if you could sponsor us in our #shaveitoff event to raise money for such an important cause.

To our NHS - THANK YOU.

Stay home. Protect our NHS. Save lives.

Take care everyone,

The Dobbie Family x

The link for the fundraiser is below.

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=1156371

10 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

A nice touch from a class act

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4988

Skipper's Fundraiser

Hi everyone

My name is Stephen Dobbie and I am a professional footballer for Queen of the South FC in the Scottish Championship.

We are living in frightening times at the moment and my family and I are following the government guidelines to stay home and save lives.

However, my family and I felt like we wanted to do something more to help our amazing army of NHS staff who are on the frontline battling COVID-19 head on.

So I decided along with my two sons, Jack 10 and Maxwell 7, that we would shave our heads to raise money for the NHS Charities COVID-19 Urgent Appeal. The kids are very excited to do this and my wife Susanne will be sure to capture the event and post the video on her Twitter account @susanne_dobbie

I know everyone is facing financial uncertainty but even if you could spare £1 we would be so grateful if you could sponsor us in our #shaveitoff event to raise money for such an important cause.

To our NHS - THANK YOU.

Stay home. Protect our NHS. Save lives.

Take care everyone,

The Dobbie Family x

The link for the fundraiser is below.

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=1156371

His wife almost certainly has it (see updated story on website)

On 28/03/2020 at 00:24, Distant Doonhamer said:

Made a donation to the club tonight. Likely to do so again going forward . I’m fortunate to be able to do so and would encourage others to do likewise but those under financial pressure should focus on their own financial issues as a priority. Keep well and stay safe all.

I’ll also be making a donation. I’m already a member of the deluxe draw , not really interested in the watch and cannot afford to enter the shirt sponsorship draw so making a donation is the best way forward for myself. 

I’ve noticed this week that clubs like Ayr United , Partick Thistle , Stirling Albion and Dumbarton have set up online donation options and all have been unbelievable well back by their supporters during these difficult and uncertain times. 
I was tempted to donate to the Stephen Dobbie charity but Queen of the South’s future comes first IMO. 

I was tempted to donate to the Stephen Dobbie charity but Queen of the South’s future comes first IMO. 

Football comes second to human life for me but each to their own I suppose.

Good to see Dobbie's is at 179% already. Fair play to all.

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Football comes second to human life for me but each to their own I suppose.

Good to see Dobbie's is at 179% already. Fair play to all.

FFS the guy was comparing both charities..... not comparing either to human life.

unless I am missing the sarcasm..... again 🤓⚽️ 

FFS the guy was comparing both charities..... not comparing either to human life.
unless I am missing the sarcasm..... again [emoji851][emoji460]️ 
No sarcasm, I just think his last sentence wasn't required.