The Queen of the South thread

Now that there will be no Queens football for the foreseeable future, can we hope for the highlights (there may not be many!) of the Queens matches at home to Inverness on the 29th October 2019 and the home match against Dundee on the 22nd February 2020? Need something to watch (however grim!) during the upcoming isolation!

On 16/03/2020 at 18:35, Steeplechat said:

You could all maybe buy some weekly draw tickets to help the club out during these tough times.

Has there been any official word from the Club that they are looking for outside income/donations during the enforced shutdown  or is it just being assumed that they do because other clubs are struggling financially. There have been a few excellent suggestions of ways of giving cash but it doesn't seem to be happening in any organised fashion. I think if the club/SLO's set up an official funding page it may encourage fans to help out.  Apologies if such a thing exists and has passed me by but I don't subscribe to many social media platforms. 

Has there been any official word from the Club that they are looking for outside income/donations during the enforced shutdown  or is it just being assumed that they do because other clubs are struggling financially. There have been a few excellent suggestions of ways of giving cash but it doesn't seem to be happening in any organised fashion. I think if the club/SLO's set up an official funding page it may encourage fans to help out.  Apologies if such a thing exists and has passed me by but I don't subscribe to many social media platforms. 

https://news.stv.tv/sport/scottish-fa-advance-1-5m-to-clubs-and-academies

4 hours ago, JessieField said:

Now that there will be no Queens football for the foreseeable future, can we hope for the highlights (there may not be many!) of the Queens matches at home to Inverness on the 29th October 2019 and the home match against Dundee on the 22nd February 2020? Need something to watch (however grim!) during the upcoming isolation!

They're not hard to find.

Guest TOPFITTER

Don't know if this is trolling or fishing, one thing it is at this time is,,,PATHETIC

15 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Don't know if this is trolling or fishing, one thing it is at this time is,,,PATHETIC

I what way is it pathetic?  I'm not trolling or fishing, I want the QosTV highlights updated that's all.

2 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Would it be possible for Queens to make a share issue to raise funds?

Not as it stands. All the shares have been issued. We could in theory increase the authorised share capital but that would need approval from 75% of existing shareholders at an EGM and there won't be one of those held any time soon!

4 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Is your indoor football Arena still open to get hire money

It's open right now and was certainly busy with pitch hires last night but that won't last long. Looks likely the Govt will effectively ban non essential leaving of the house by the weekend.

2 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

I wondered as hiring facilities from sfa teams was stopped last Saturday 

Heard Annan had to stop their hires  then

News to me. We are an SFA team. Nobody has told us we can't hire facilities. Nor could they. External businesses are, relatively speaking, nothing to do with the SFA. There is nothing stopping Annan hiring their facilities right now if they want to. They may have taken a social decision not to do so though just as some pubs have closed and some remain open until actually instructed to close.

Not as it stands. All the shares have been issued. We could in theory increase the authorised share capital but that would need approval from 75% of existing shareholders at an EGM and there won't be one of those held any time soon!

Could there be a share holder postal vote on the proposal?

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

The SFA cancelled a friendly match scheduled to be played at Galabank last Saturday.

Between who? The SFA can prevent member clubs playing games. They dont have the power to prevent members of the public hiring facilities. Right now if I want to hire the Arena, or even Palmerston, and play a bounce game with a group of mates I can (& indeed did last night as my regular 7 a sides at the Arena was on). 

Sfa did inform Annan Athletic and other sfa teams they couldn’t hire out their facility as of last Saturday 

hence why I asked the question and Steeplechat is correct all games including a bounce game was cancelled on the instruction of the sfa 

so surprised QoS indoor facilities are still taking hires

15 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Could there be a share holder postal vote on the proposal?

I suppose in principle there could be but its hardly likely. Between getting somebody to formally draw up the appropriate paperwork, circulating shareholders, gathering responses, passing a resolution and then getting applications it wouldnt be a quick process. Its likely to take a minimum of a couple of months even if we presume mail deliveries continue for the foreseeable future.