The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, eibbod nehpets said:

you sure about that? 

Yes. Though this evening's announcement means the pitch hire will be closing after tonight's bookings are honoured. Q Fitness has also closed immediately. The LiteBites cafe will presumably close too (unless it chooses to do takeways). There are other external businesses in the Arena building which will presumably remain open for now though so the physical building will be open for some of the day. I would expect to see an announcement on the Club Shop by Monday.

38 minutes ago, football maniac said:

SD can't get through to anyone at arena but had to cancel my 9 slot this week as people got freaked out and had a host of late calloffs. Left a voicemail.

Nobody will be in the office to get the phone. I will get a message to whoever is on duty tonight as that was due to be the last booking so he can leave earlier. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Interesting idea perhaps Queens could follow suit?

Livingston to convert operating fund donations into shares - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52019548

The question of issuing shares was asked last week. There are no shares to issue and "creating" more would require an EGM

Guest TOPFITTER
I know that. I asked the question. It doesn't mean this or something similar could not be considered for the long term.
Sounds a reasonable enough venture, unless existing share holders voted against it. Say business went bust and you had 1% would that be 1% of nothing, if you doubled the issued shares and business fails you would have 0.5% of nothing if it survives you have 0.5% of the surviving business. Maybe a tad simple but this idea is about helping the Club, and I understand the shareholders would have to agree and thus agree to have their shareholding diluted. I'm sure the Directors/Major shareholders are looking at the best way forward.

32 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Sounds a reasonable enough venture, unless existing share holders voted against it. Say business went bust and you had 1% would that be 1% of nothing, if you doubled the issued shares and business fails you would have 0.5% of nothing if it survives you have 0.5% of the surviving business. Maybe a tad simple but this idea is about helping the Club, and I understand the shareholders would have to agree and thus agree to have their shareholding diluted. I'm sure the Directors/Major shareholders are looking at the best way forward.

As I said last week, it's not a particularly likely way to raise funds quickly. You couldn't offer shares in return for donations now because if the shareholders didn't approve it (and they may well not) then what are you left to do? It's fine as an opportunity to promote for club's with surplus unissued share capital. As a short term money raiser for us right now it's a non starter.

1 hour ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
5 hours ago, Mr X said:
The question of issuing shares was asked last week. There are no shares to issue and "creating" more would require an EGM

I know that. I asked the question. It doesn't mean this or something similar could not be considered for the long term.

The article is about Livingston offering shares for donations to help the club through the current crisis. If you already knew the answer as to why Queens cant do the same it seems a bit pointless to ask the same question again.

In the long term, if the club wanted to raise money from shares then surely it would just get a share issue passed and sell shares.