The Queen of the South thread

17 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I have been to the last 3 away games at Partick, Dunfermline and Inverness and although I admit the football on show was not great I certainly didn't think that there was a disinterest from the players.

They certainly need to be lifted  The managers after the match comments do not help. Can we have a bit of passion or even a battle cry. Remember this is a league of teams who are there for the beating, well we have had our turn. Now its time to, as the Americans say, Kick Some Ass. Fridays game is massive but its a game we can win and I expect the senior players to rally the troops and at the least restore some pride in our performances.

If I am reading latest Scottish Govt brief on the coronavirus correctly the inference is “gatherings” involving greater than 500 may be cancelled Wef Monday onwards.

No doubt if our crowds fall any further we may struggle to hit the threshold but all joking apart this has huge ramifications for clubs like us. If there is no income in the remaining weeks of season one assumes that players contracts will have to be honoured presumably leading to a huge hole in the financial bucket. Any clubs with little or no cash reserves may not survive this. Playing games behind closed doors may fulfil the fixtures but with no income a huge problem emerges.I am sure not even the most diligent forecaster of “downside risks” could predict this type of eventuality when drawing up wage budgets at start of year.

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

If I am reading latest Scottish Govt brief on the coronavirus correctly the inference is “gatherings” involving greater than 500 may be cancelled Wef Monday onwards.

No doubt if our crowds fall any further we may struggle to hit the threshold but all joking apart this has huge ramifications for clubs like us. If there is no income in the remaining weeks of season one assumes that players contracts will have to be honoured presumably leading to a huge hole in the financial bucket. Any clubs with little or no cash reserves may not survive this. Playing games behind closed doors may fulfil the fixtures but with no income a huge problem emerges.I am sure not even the most diligent forecaster of “downside risks” could predict this type of eventuality when drawing up wage budgets at start of year.

If the government effectively closes businesses that rely on public gatherings for their income, you’d think it would be fair to give them a loan to get them through the restricted period. It could start to be repaid once the activities resume. Not sure how likely this is to happen, but small clubs shouldn’t be treated in the same way as the massive ones who have huge income from tv and don’t rely on gate money to survive.

Edited by Flash

2 hours ago, Flash said:

If the government effectively closes businesses that rely on public gatherings for their income, you’d think it would be fair to give them a loan to get them through the restricted period. It could start to be repaid once the activities resume. Not sure how likely this is to happen, but small clubs shouldn’t be treated in the same way as the massive ones who have huge income from tv and don’t rely on gate money to survive.

I know you said Government but i read that the SFA have told clubs there won't be any money to help. 

The money we could potentially miss out on in the remaining games would certainly see next season being far worse than the present one. 

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If only there was another place online you could seek out such information........ 😉

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4977

Good News that the club will still be getting money coming in from the Arena etc. Queens are in a better position than alot of Scottish football clubs. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Good News that the club will still be getting money coming in from the Arena etc. Queens are in a better position than alot of Scottish football clubs. 

Just because it's open doesn't mean customers will continue to show up.....................

Let's wait and see before we consider whether we're still getting any income of note.

Just because it's open doesn't mean customers will continue to show up.....................
Let's wait and see before we consider whether we're still getting any income of note.
Aye pretty much this. Currently sat in Farmers Den with the wee one and there is only us and another 2 people (who are together). I'm aware nursery and school is still in but I've been here at this time several times and there are normally a lot more.

I expect a lot of people will just avoid social places for now.

Clearly the board foresaw the fixture cancellations and have been holding off sacking Johnston so that they don’t have to stump up compensation with no money coming in. The season will then become null and void, we’ll survive relegation and sack him in the summer when it will cost us less money.

They aren’t indecisive shitebags at all, and are in fact geniuses!

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ment regards the businesses paying Queens rent money..... Queens are surely in a better place than many clubs... 

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye pretty much this. Currently sat in Farmers Den with the wee one and there is only us and another 2 people (who are together). I'm aware nursery and school is still in but I've been here at this time several times and there are normally a lot more.

I expect a lot of people will just avoid social places for now.

Stalker incoming

Heard an interesting rumour which may,of course,have absolutely no foundation:-

Leagues are reconstructed
Top 4 in Champ as of now get promoted to Premier - 16 teams
Remaining clubs in Champ and League 1 form new second league - 16 teams
League 2 perhaps increased from Highland/Lowland League

I could see that proposal having a lot of traction - teams like ourselves, Hearts, Partick etc would be positive subscribers.

Pretty obvious that some radical thinking required.

Heard an interesting rumour which may,of course,have absolutely no foundation:-

Leagues are reconstructed
Top 4 in Champ as of now get promoted to Premier - 16 teams
Remaining clubs in Champ and League 1 form new second league - 16 teams
League 2 perhaps increased from Highland/Lowland League

I could see that proposal having a lot of traction - teams like ourselves, Hearts, Partick etc would be positive subscribers.

Pretty obvious that some radical thinking required.

There would also be a lot of objectors. Teams in the Premiership would miss out on revenue from OF games since they’d have to play them fewer times.

For the record I think it’s a decent option. I don’t like how small the leagues are right now and hate having to play everyone 4 times.

There would also be a lot of objectors. Teams in the Premiership would miss out on revenue from OF games since they’d have to play them fewer times.

For the record I think it’s a decent option. I don’t like how small the leagues are right now and hate having to play everyone 4 times.
The premiership are not interested in any reconstruction and would oppose any but back the other 3 divisions from 2022 to go from 12 to 16 teams its going to happen

Following yesterday's postponement really good move by the club donating food from hospitality to River of Life charity that helps the homeless. Photo of a rep from the charity, Dan Armstrong and girls from Lite Bites on the website. Well done to all involved in doing this. I hope during the suspension of football that people remember the Arena is open and support the café and other businesses there.