The Queen of the South thread

Think it's time Billy made that phone call..... Give the new manager 8 games to try and save the club from automatic relegation..... 

Think it's time to tell him to fecking do one he's had his chance and had proved he is. Clueless

47 minutes ago, virginton said:

The same Semple who got absolutely destroyed ten days ago? Seems like hanging your entire season on that gubbins carthorse was a symptom of your problems all along.

Overstating it to say he got destroyed against Morton,  in fact I'd say it would have been a bigger horsing if he hadn't been playing. 

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Overstating it to say he got destroyed against Morton,  in fact I'd say it would have been a bigger horsing if he hadn't been playing. 

Fans of competent football teams typically regard losing 0-4 on your own midden as a bad enough display champ.

Edited by vikingTON

20 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I know what you mean. How can a young lad make a living out of the game that is so shite. 
it really is shocking 🤣🤣🤣🤣🖕

Infact he is so bad I am sure he will fall out of the game in the Summer. 👅

There’s no need to protect your precious little cherub now: he’s a fully grown adult but just a particularly shite footballer. 

I’m sure Cove will be lovely at this time of year too.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

31 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Think it's time Billy made that phone call..... Give the new manager 8 games to try and save the club from automatic relegation..... 

Give Dobbie & Gibson the job until the end of the season, Sure the players will want to Play for them.

If they stay up well and good if not let them build a team in Div 1 with players that want to play for Queens. Sign a goalkeeper like Jamie Mcdonald, CB sign Semple with an experienced CB, you have KB Holt add RB Mercer. CM sign Wilson + experienced creative CM, forward you've got experience with Dobbie & Oliver add a big Forward to help them. Fill the gaps with hungry youngsters and build a team not fill it with journeymen or loan players... 

Thanks for coming in for an interview. We'll let you know.

Give Dobbie & Gibson the job until the end of the season, Sure the players will want to Play for them.
If they stay up well and good if not let them build a team in Div 1 with players that want to play for Queens. Sign a goalkeeper like Jamie Mcdonald, CB sign Semple with an experienced CB, you have KB Holt add RB Mercer. CM sign Wilson + experienced creative CM, forward you've got experience with Dobbie & Oliver add a big Forward to help them. Fill the gaps with hungry youngsters and build a team not fill it with journeymen or loan players... 

Are there any fans on here who genuinely see us surviving? That's a sincere question btw, not one to use as a means to have a go.

I've thought for months we were goosed but the Morton game confirmed it for me. It also confirmed that AJ isn't going anywhere either so I'm past the point of being angry that he's still here. I fully expect him to be in charge for League 1 though honestly hope I'm wrong.

Are there any fans on here who genuinely see us surviving? That's a sincere question btw, not one to use as a means to have a go.

I've thought for months we were goosed but the Morton game confirmed it for me. It also confirmed that AJ isn't going anywhere either so I'm past the point of being angry that he's still here. I fully expect him to be in charge for League 1 though honestly hope I'm wrong.

Pretty much the same. I was bealing after that game, was annoyed last night but don’t see point of wasting energy wanting him punted when he’s going nowhere.

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I think after last night we have all moved on from bargaining to either the acceptance or depression stage now!

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It’s still possible that we’ll survive, but I now genuinely think it’s very unlikely.  

We bear all the markers of a team on a slide that cannot be arrested.  We seem doomed this time.  The only hope would rest in us somehow beating both Thistle and Alloa when we meet them.  The chances of either happening, let alone both however, look remote.

I can see us being officially down with a couple of games to spare.  Nothing about that will be undeserved. 

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I think after last night we have all moved on from bargaining to either the acceptance or depression stage now!
I'm at acceptance certainly. Have been since the Morton game as I said above. We are showing absolutely no signs of improvement. Alloa aren't much better than us but they have a will to fight in games. Something we sadly lack. When it goes 1-0 it's effectively game over for us.

The anger for me will come when we stick by him next season. As I've said elsewhere, the problem with him in League 1 is that he either remains useless or he gets us straight back up. The latter would mean he would undoubtedly be offered a contract for the following season.

It really is a rock and a hard place.

Add "Every game is a cup final" to the AJ interview bingo. Stirring words from the guy unable to get past the first round of any cups.

Still, We've known he wasn't going to turn around the team for weeks so results are to be expected.  We have a board of absolute shitebags.

I dunno when recovery starts. Had we beaten Partick and then Dunfermline then it's on but that's a total of three points since start of Feb.

Other than for financial reasons, I can't understand why he's not been sacked.

This is one of the worst season's I can remember and we've sacked managers for less.

The next appointment needs to be made carefully, we need continuity, someone who will build a squad not just for one season but for the next few.

32 minutes ago, Benji said:

Other than for financial reasons, I can't understand why he's not been sacked.

This is one of the worst season's I can remember and we've sacked managers for less.

The next appointment needs to be made carefully, we need continuity, someone who will build a squad not just for one season but for the next few.

At our level these can be mutually exclusive. If AJ was only contracted to the end of the season i think he'd be gone. As others have posted there is no great merit in us giving a manager a contract for more than a year. If we do well they'll go to a bigger club with minimal compensation, if we do badly we'll want to get rid without the problem of paying off a prolonged contract.