The Queen of the South thread

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

we are clearly going down

The irony, or rather appalling irony , is that some fans display the most negative attitude  - the very same that they criticise the Management and Players of having.

They criticise them for not having passion, not caring and giving up and being gutless.

It seems to me it's  some fans that have an attitude problem more than the Management and Players.

If we, as a team, had the same attitude then we shouldn't bother playing the rest of our games.

I don't believe the Management and Players are like that but we are in a very difficult situation but we can still get out of it.

We may not but have to believe we can and keep going even if we don't take 3 points tonight , there are sufficient games left to rectify the position

Football fans are notorious for lapping up the good times but as soon as anything goes wrong, they can't handle it and start dishing out criticism and abuse.

They should take a look at themselves rather than jump on the back of those who represent our Club.

The irony, or rather appalling irony , is that some fans display the most negative attitude  - the very same that they criticise the Management and Players of having.
They criticise them for not having passion, not caring and giving up and being gutless.
It seems to me it's  some fans that have an attitude problem more than the Management and Players.
If we, as a team, had the same attitude then we shouldn't bother playing the rest of our games.
I don't believe the Management and Players are like that but we are in a very difficult situation but we can still get out of it.
We may not but have to believe we can and keep going even if we don't take 3 points tonight , there are sufficient games left to rectify the position
Football fans are notorious for lapping up the good times but as soon as anything goes wrong, they can't handle it and start dishing out criticism and abuse.
They should take a look at themselves rather than jump on the back of those who represent our Club.

Have you only started following football this year?

I admire your optimistic view. It’s fairly obvious you haven’t witnessed the [emoji90] I have the last two Saturdays against Dundee and Morton.

Two horrible days for football, but we just didn’t look interested! We were outplayed and outfought by two mid table clubs.

I hate to feel this way but when I see players, some with average ability not giving 100% it frustrates the hell out of me. Tonight’s game will be a big marker imo. Partick Thistle, like us haven’t been great recently. More so they seem better away from home. If we can’t take anything from this game then it’s definitely the seaside league for Queens next season without a doubt! 🥴

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

A bit hard on supporters who turn up week after week. The difference you miss is the supporters pay to watch the football  The Management and players are paid to provide the entertainment.  I personally don't believe the players give less than their best but I do question the strange management decisions recently.  Its my opinion that the fans should hear from the management team the reasons behind some of the selections and set ups.  The manger blames the forwards the mid field and the defence every week he never accepts any personal  blame. Football is a game of opinions and the opinions of those who turn up each week are worth airing. I strongly sympathise with the support  All they get is a note on the next game and an interview after the game.  Surely one of the management team could give a weekly report on how things have gone at the Palace in Hamilton. A bit on injuries would help and even a bit of miss information would help. Anyway Football is a game of opinions but unfortunately few agree with mine, Oh and Queens have the best away support I have come across and I just know they will do their best to bring us home tonight 

5 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

There's no irony at all.  Our pessimism is rather less destructive than what the players are currently bringing to the table.

There is no contradiction either in enjoying and praising success, while greeting sustained failure with criticism.

I've never got why some people see supporting a football team as requiring the surrender of all critical faculties.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Anyone else think that if AJ gets binned, Gibson is being lined up to step in?

No!  That would be like frying pan into fire.  Gibson's lack of Managerial experience would count against him for a start. Assisting someone else would be OK maybe. 

Guest Flash
5 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

:lol:

Hiya Billy.

Most credit from last night's game must go to the Queens fans who turned out in good numbers and got behind the players 100%. What we saw was lots of effort but sadly not a lot of skill. For the Manager to single out Gary Oliver just about sums up how good we are going forward. Quite frankly at present we couldn't score in a brothel. I wondered why Hamilton was not brought on to help out Dobbs, or even to replace him, but to bring on Petravicius made us even less likely to score. At least we didn't lose and to be fair Stewart had a few good saves and was generally a safe pair of hands last night...I know by Saturday night I'll regret saying that!

Most credit from last night's game must go to the Queens fans who turned out in good numbers and got behind the players 100%. What we saw was lots of effort but sadly not a lot of skill. For the Manager to single out Gary Oliver just about sums up how good we are going forward. Quite frankly at present we couldn't score in a brothel. I wondered why Hamilton was not brought on to help out Dobbs, or even to replace him, but to bring on Petravicius made us even less likely to score. At least we didn't lose and to be fair Stewart had a few good saves and was generally a safe pair of hands last night...I know by Saturday night I'll regret saying that!

I can be critical if our team but credit to the players for digging out what could yet be a crucial point. We don’t have a lot of talent in the team and confidence must be very low. They battled hard last night. I know that should be a given but credit nonetheless. We rode our luck near the end but we didn’t fold which I suspect most of us thought we would. A defeat last night would have been disastrous.

I can be critical if our team but credit to the players for digging out what could yet be a crucial point. We don’t have a lot of talent in the team and confidence must be very low. They battled hard last night. I know that should be a given but credit nonetheless. We rode our luck near the end but we didn’t fold which I suspect most of us thought we would. A defeat last night would have been disastrous. 
We aren't very good so they aren't going to produce miracles. Too often this season I got the impression they were lacking effort which is inexcusable and extremely infuriating. Good to hear they showed some effort last night.

15 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Didn’t think I’d find myself saying this but we’re actually missing Connor Murray. 

We've been pretty unlucky this season with injuries and, of course, players leaving.

Our strongest 11, of players available at some point this season, actually looks pretty good

McCrorie

Mercer -- Brownlie -- Semple -- Holt

Pybus -- Osman -- Wilson

Murray --Dobbie -- El Bak

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

We've been pretty unlucky this season with injuries and, of course, players leaving.

Our strongest 11, of players available at some point this season, actually looks pretty good

McCrorie

Pybus -- Osman -- Wilson

I’d agree with that although I’d have Lyon in there ahead of Osman. 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

McCrorie

Pybus -- Osman -- Wilson

Unfortunately due to injury or non selection or transfer it never happened but I agree, it’s a decent line up.