The Queen of the South thread

If they aren't going to get shot when we are clearly going down then I fully expect him to be in charge in League 1. That then leads to a rock and a hard place situation IMO: he either fails to get us promoted or he does get us promoted and he's then naturally given another year and we have to endure this shite for yet another year in this division.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If they aren't going to get shot when we are clearly going down then I fully expect him to be in charge in League 1. That then leads to a rock and a hard place situation IMO: he either fails to get us promoted or he does get us promoted and he's then naturally given another year and we have to endure this shite for yet another year in this division.

No gaurantee of coming straight back up the 1st Div is a very strong league, alot stronger than it was when Queens were last in it.... 

I remain convinced that at our level and taking cognisance of our wage constraints it is a mistake to offer any Managerial team a contract that extends beyond a year or so.

The reality is that if we unearth a gem of a Manager that is on an upward trajectory he will be off double quick if a better offer comes along. A two or three year deal will in reality, offer no protection other than perhaps a small inward compensatory payment. I don’t profess to know the exact arithmetic but I would imagine that to dispense with the Mgt team now will cost the Club well in excess of £50k unless the club is protected in some way in terms of an “escape clause”.

Following the loss of McCrorie, El Bak and Brownlie the squad is now seriously lacking in quality but the lack of fight and leadership on the pitch is also a huge factor. Players have to take responsibility for this.

I think we have about a 20% chance of staying up and a replacement Manager would have a huge task on his hands. If there was little or no compensation involved the decision to make a change is a lot easier but if a large cheque has to be written by way of compensation it is a big call.

Guest Flash

The most prize money you can get in L1 is £125,000 for winning it. If you avoid relegation this year, you’d get £200,000 for finishing 8th next year. Plus you have the possibility of £250,000 if you can finish 5th and £325,000 for 4th. That is not to mention the lower crowds in L1. Relegation is potentially very expensive. Of course, paying off Johnston is no guarantee of staying up. It just looks as though we are in a downward spiral that he can’t reverse.

It was a mistake giving him a 2 year contract. 

As an aside, I wonder if him constantly droning on about how “massive” the fist goal is has a counterproductive effect. Because if we lose the first goal (as quite often happens) the players think they are beat.

2 hours ago, Flash said:

It was a mistake giving him a 2 year contract. 

As an aside, I wonder if him constantly droning on about how “massive” the fist goal is has a counterproductive effect. Because if we lose the first goal (as quite often happens) the players think they are beat.

Queens have been in front in 2 of last 6 games but have only got ONE point from 18..... Not the best start to 2020!!!

I wonder if the only reason Johnston is still in charge for tomorrows game is due to the quickness of the game coming round...

Defeat v Partick tomorrow and surely by the next game at Palmerston we will be welcoming a new manager to try and save us from dreaded relegation. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Would be happy with a tap in or an OG the morra night it's 270min since we last scored!! 

287 mins actually. :P

Really need to use Dobbie efficiently with 2 midweek rounds coming up. Injury incoming.

Not against using the ICT game to park every bus in the X74 fleet and having him on the bench tbh. Ayr game is Friday night and not Saturday too.

2 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Can't get my work done for worrying about Queens today and the match tonight...has anyone got any words of wisdom or inspiration!?

We are away from home?