The Queen of the South thread

52 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Collection buckets was after the farmer nearly bankrupted us. 

Those days are gone, the Arena subsidises the football now so unless Hewitson has some kind of tie up in the profits then him departing should have no effect on the club. 

Blame managers all you like. The year on year problems with the club are coming from board room level 

Really? So you think the arena covers the players wages? Wow! I really hope your right but I very much doubt it. 

Damage will be done by then
The damage is pretty much done. If he stays we'll finish 10th. If he goes we might sneak 9th. After such an embarrassing performance last night I can only assume the BoD have no intention of getting rid of him.
To late should have gone last night.... 
Correct.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

The damage is pretty much done. If he stays we'll finish 10th. If he goes we might sneak 9th. After such an embarrassing performance last night I can only assume the BoD have no intention of getting rid of him. Correct.

That would have been good preparation for a crucial game on Tuesday.

Dobbie and Gibson dream team as caretakers I guess.

3 hours ago, Come on queens said:

Really? So you think the arena covers the players wages? Wow! I really hope your right but I very much doubt it. 

If the board are having to bank roll us on top of renting out the pitch and the Arena plus a few quid from attendance with this level of quality there is something far wrong. 

I know they used to publish how much we were in debt to board members. Not sure if there is anything in this years accounts to clarify ? 

Edited by Kunter

We won't be any better off getting rid of AJ imo 

There's nothing to work with that can improve it other than boosting player moral.

He's tried every combination going the last few games.

Naysmith  had a better squad but couldn't handle setting up to be  attacking. There was room for tweeking, this lot what you see is what you get. 

Edited by Kunter

Correct.

How he’s still in a job after that, I have no idea. Fortunate I wasn’t there yesterday but as the score was coming through I couldn’t help but wait for him to punted. No clue where we go from here, but one thing the board have to get this right.

If we manage to stay up, we need to clear decks yet again, as it’s a pile of shit that’s there.

Agree that the squad is pretty grim. Not sure that is a good reason for keeping the guy who assembled them.

We won't be any better off getting rid of AJ imo 
There's nothing to work with that can improve it other than boosting player moral.
He's tried every combination going the last few games.
Naysmith  had a better squad but couldn't handle setting up to be  attacking. There was room for tweeking, this lot what you see is what you get. 

What Flash says basically. These are his players so to criticise them as a form of defence for AJ just doesn't wash. He's brought in a side full of defensive players so it's no wonder we can't attack sides. Boosting player moral is the very least he should be doing and watching the game yesterday he is failing miserably at that. Are you confident he's going to be able to inspire a side to compete for promotion next season?

If you're happy to watch us go down flapping then that's fine but I won't be wasting anymore time and money doing so. Perhaps the only way the board will do the right thing is by fans speaking with their feet. They are already starting to do so and it will only get worse.

1 hour ago, weeredbook said:

We will be beaten on Tuesday night ,McCall will have them fired up /tactically right/ prepared to battle / giving everything .

We will be there .

Tactically right? Prepared to battle? Where the hell is it going to come from. We haven't succeeded in those two departments for 3 seasons.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What Flash says basically. These are his players so to criticise them as a form of defence for AJ just doesn't wash. He's brought in a side full of defensive players so it's no wonder we can't attack sides. Boosting player moral is the very least he should be doing and watching the game yesterday he is failing miserably at that. Are you confident he's going to be able to inspire a side to compete for promotion next season?

If you're happy to watch us go down flapping then that's fine but I won't be wasting anymore time and money doing so. Perhaps the only way the board will do the right thing is by fans speaking with their feet. They are already starting to do so and it will only get worse.

I'm not justify his managerial position just don't think a new manager has enough there to work with where last season in contrast Naysmith was underachieving with the squad he had. 

I'm not justify his managerial position just don't think a new manager has enough there to work with where last season in contrast Naysmith was underachieving with the squad he had. 

And that's down to AJ. He has somehow managed to assemble a squad worse than last season and is failing to make them at least look interested in games. Would you trust him to assemble a title challenging squad for next season? I wouldn't. The last time around he had a group of promising youngsters as a base. He'd need to build from scratch next year and I'd rather we give that task to someone else.

Naysmith was underachieving with the squad he had. 

I disagree. The squad he had was hardly much good.

Martin - Lowland League/League 2
Mehmet - bench warming for Dundee Utd

Fordyce - L1
Doyle - L1
Maguire - struggling to make matchday squads for Motherwell

Low - Lowland League
Harkins - L2
Stirling - L1
Todd - L1
Aird - recently punted by Cove
McGrath - one of the lower tiers of American football
Bell - juniors
Frizzell - L1

Then got likes of Jacobs, Brownlie, Marshall who are playing at the same level as us.

Semple, Mercer, Dobbie, Wilson etc are still with us, of course.

Only TWO players from last season have went onto playing a better level of football; Dykes and David Normal Jr, who is signed for David Beckham’s Inter Miami side.

He had a fairly average/below average squad.

He had an unplayable Stephen Dobbie (for most the season), he underachieved (arguably) in that sense. The squad he had was pretty mediocre, in my view.

7 hours ago, Kunter said:

I'm not justify his managerial position just don't think a new manager has enough there to work with

I agree with this.

Saying that a new manager will struggle to turn things round with these players, is not to exonerate Johnston of blame for assembling them.  It's just that it's true.

I'd still favour his departure, but only in a 'do something Mutley' way.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

6 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I disagree. The squad he had was hardly much good.

Martin - Lowland League/League 2
Mehmet - bench warming for Dundee Utd

Fordyce - L1
Doyle - L1
Maguire - struggling to make matchday squads for Motherwell

Low - Lowland League
Harkins - L2
Stirling - L1
Todd - L1
Aird - recently punted by Cove
McGrath - one of the lower tiers of American football
Bell - juniors
Frizzell - L1

Then got likes of Jacobs, Brownlie, Marshall who are playing at the same level as us.

Semple, Mercer, Dobbie, Wilson etc are still with us, of course.

Only TWO players from last season have went onto playing a better level of football; Dykes and David Normal Jr, who is signed for David Beckham’s Inter Miami side.

He had a fairly average/below average squad.

He had an unplayable Stephen Dobbie (for most the season), he underachieved (arguably) in that sense. The squad he had was pretty mediocre, in my view.

It was good enough for a new manager, AJ of course, to turn it around and get us out if jail. 

We'll find out in the coming weeks if this side can prove the same with or without AJ.

I just don't think this side has another gear. 

Both teams share(d) equally dodgy defences but this team has the disadvantage of a lack of creativity going forwards.