The Queen of the South thread

Semple has came back in, the fans wanted it. We’re still conceding from crosses. What now?  The midfield is still pish, creativity is nonexistent.

Defensively we looked better with our back 5 last week. We offered little going forward but we didn’t capitulate like we did today. That said I suspect it doesn’t matter how we set up. We’re pish.

Get Hewitson and Johnston to f**k. Makes McPherson football look good. No chance that this lot will survive this season.

If Johnston goes there will be people who want to replace him. For all your dislike of Hewitson someone needs to want to assume that role and bring something extra to it, otherwise what’s the point?

Hewitson has had the club in decline for a good few years. Get him to f**k.

If Johnston goes there will be people who want to replace him. For all your dislike of Hewitson someone needs to want to assume that role and bring something extra to it, otherwise what’s the point?

7 hours ago, Toshson said:

Hewitson has had the club in decline for a good few years. Get him to f**k.

Really? Remember the collection buckets when we didn’t have a home game for weeks? The losses year after year? The additional income streams, implemented by this board mean we’re not as reliant on gate money. 

I keep hearing we should sack the board etc. Why? The club is financially stable. Do you really want overspending and the club going to wall?

If Hewitson goes, do you see a willing benefactor to come in and out millions into the club?

Things aren’t good, but getting rid of the board is unlikely to make them better.

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

The last time we lost 5 home league games in a row in a single season was in 1964 when we were in the top division. 

That's quite a while.  We got relegated that season too.

I'd assumed the 88/89 side might have matched that.  Out of interest, how many more does this side need to lose to really make Palmerston history?

Guest Flash
26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's quite a while.  We got relegated that season too.

I'd assumed the 88/89 side might have matched that.  Out of interest, how many more does this side need to lose to really make Palmerston history?

One. The record was equalled yesterday.

Just heard the managers post match interview. No questions again asked regarding his decisions. Why was Mercer started when not fully fit particularly in conditions as they were. He did the same against Dundee with Murray with the same result.  Considering how the Morton game was going, why oh why was Mercer, a defender replaced by Petravicius, a forward who had a mare against Dundee, when he had 2 defenders. Ledger and Gourlay on the bench. Only the manager knows. He seems to say he is being forced by others to sign players and in his selections. Its time he adopted that 'the buck stops here'    

Really? Remember the collection buckets when we didn’t have a home game for weeks? The losses year after year? The additional income streams, implemented by this board mean we’re not as reliant on gate money. 

I keep hearing we should sack the board etc. Why? The club is financially stable. Do you really want overspending and the club going to wall?
If Hewitson goes, do you see a willing benefactor to come in and out millions into the club?
Things aren’t good, but getting rid of the board is unlikely to make them better.

It’s natural to want change at the top when things aren’t going well but that’s not really an option unless you have an alternative waiting in the wings. I don’t know the chairman at all but you really couldn’t get any bigger Queens men than Craig and Mark. If anything it feels like we are a bit short on numbers in the boardroom.

Collection buckets was after the farmer nearly bankrupted us. 

Those days are gone, the Arena subsidises the football now so unless Hewitson has some kind of tie up in the profits then him departing should have no effect on the club. 

Blame managers all you like. The year on year problems with the club are coming from board room level 

Just heard the managers post match interview. No questions again asked regarding his decisions. Why was Mercer started when not fully fit particularly in conditions as they were. He did the same against Dundee with Murray with the same result.  Considering how the Morton game was going, why oh why was Mercer, a defender replaced by Petravicius, a forward who had a mare against Dundee, when he had 2 defenders. Ledger and Gourlay on the bench. Only the manager knows. He seems to say he is being forced by others to sign players and in his selections. Its time he adopted that 'the buck stops here'    
His interview absolutely screamed of a guy who has ran out of ideas.

I think now I've heard it all...'nothing between both teams'...except four goals! Next to Trump earlier this week saying that Coronavirus is all down to the Democrats that was the most ridiculous interview from AJ so far. McColl must be relishing our visit on Tuesday night. AJ  has clearly run out of ideas. However unlike many on here I don't blame a Board who put financial security and sustainability top of their agenda but the product on offer these days is seriously testing this view.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
38 minutes ago, baw heid said:

His interview absolutely screamed of a guy who has ran out of ideas.

Yes, it did.

He more or less admitted it when saying he'd tried changes to formation and personnel, to no avail.  

It reminded me of Keegan's interview when his England side lost at home to Germany.  In it he admitted that he hadn't known what to do about it, as the game slid away.  

He also accompanied this admission with his resignation.