The Queen of the South thread

So it takes for Dobbie to tell AJ to get Semple back before he actually does it? He couldn't see for himself that Semple needed to come back? Christ. I just hope Dobbie now tells him to get Hamilton alongside him. The sooner he goes the better. Absolutely clueless.

He meant he asked dobbie and other players about him before resigning semple
In the summer.

He meant he asked dobbie and other players about him before resigning semple
In the summer.
Fair enough.
He was talking about bringing him back to the club on Dobbies recommendation, nothing to do with bringing him back into the team.
Surely, its clear now that Semple wasnt in the team because he wasnt fully fit?
But again, I don't see how he can put in a 70 minute shift away to Ayr then suddenly become completely unfit again.

No point going over it all again I suppose. Hopefully he's a mainstay for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I am glad that the fuller story came out regarding GN’s departure. I remember listening to him playing “the wounded soldier” on Sportscene not long after his departure from Queens but tellingly he failed to mention the key fact that he was offered a new contract a few months earlier but chose to reject

Think the chairman is talking shite to deflect the heat away from him. 

I don't think anyone was questioning Semple's exclusion from the team earlier in the season.  He was clearly unfit, and regardless the Brownlie/Kilday partnership was working well.

It was his inexplicable absence since his return at Ayr that raised questions about Johnston's judgement.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fair enough. But again, I don't see how he can put in a 70 minute shift away to Ayr then suddenly become completely unfit again.

No point going over it all again I suppose. Hopefully he's a mainstay for the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I don't think anyone was questioning Semple's exclusion from the team earlier in the season.  He was clearly unfit, and regardless the Brownlie/Kilday partnership was working well.

It was his inexplicable absence since his return at Ayr that raised questions about Johnston's judgement.

Given that AJ is quoted as saying Semple still isnt in "peak condition" his recent absence was clearly down to his fitness too.

Given that AJ is quoted as saying Semple still isnt in "peak condition" his recent absence was clearly down to his fitness too.

Fitness and match fitness are very different things.

Earlier in the season it was general fitness he was lacking, now I would say it is match fitness/sharpness he is missing. This will only come from playing games.

“Peak condition” or not he managed the best defensive performance we’ve seen for weeks against Dundee. Hopefully it’s lesson learned and Johnston can stop cutting his nose to spite his face.

10 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

A little on AGM from fans mad board - _20200227_231916.thumb.JPG.f1004f22d5df327d2ccd54c0bcbd301c.JPG

Semple will be the first to say that his fitness up to the Ayr game was poor. 

HE would also admit that his much publicized issues at Ross County had a bigger effect on him than even he thought, mentally and physically,.

BUt..... once he had shown at Ayr Utd he was on the right track and needed game time to get up to speed why was he chopped down in pretty embarrassing circumstances for a young player for a Motherwell kid and a MIdfielder from Kilmarnock.

In the last 8 weeks since  the Ayr Game Semple has had 60 mins at Rangers, 2 mins Dundee Utd, 80 mins Motherwell Reserves, 45 mins Hamilton reserves, 90 mins Dundee. An average of approx 32 mins a week of football.

Not exactly A programme to get a player into PEAK FITNESS.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fair enough. But again, I don't see how he can put in a 70 minute shift away to Ayr then suddenly become completely unfit again.

I agree...

ITs done now and time to move on... 

9 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Fitness and match fitness are very different things.

Earlier in the season it was general fitness he was lacking, now I would say it is match fitness/sharpness he is missing. This will only come from playing games.

“Peak condition” or not he managed the best defensive performance we’ve seen for weeks against Dundee. Hopefully it’s lesson learned and Johnston can stop cutting his nose to spite his face.

Yeah, you're right. Johnston is clearly choosing to weaken the team by not playing a player whos fully fit. What other explanation could there be?

So it takes for Dobbie to tell AJ to get Semple back before he actually does it? He couldn't see for himself that Semple needed to come back? Christ. I just hope Dobbie now tells him to get Hamilton alongside him. The sooner he goes the better. Absolutely clueless.

Spec savers for you my friend
The manager was meaning dobbie recommend Semple in the summer when the club resigned him
No wonder people get up tight on here when so many of you can’t even read a post correctly bit of advice read twice think then reply

Spec savers for you my friend
The manager was meaning dobbie recommend Semple in the summer when the club resigned him
No wonder people get up tight on here when so many of you can’t even read a post correctly bit of advice read twice think then reply

I think you need to wind your neck in. It read as "brought back". Given he's been out the side and people were questioning why he wasn't playing it's hardly daft to read it as brought back into the side. He never mentioned summer. Anyway, several other posters cleared it up and I acknowledged it before you put your pointless point across.

So are you saying he wasn’t offered a new contract in early 2019?

If the Club state at an AGM that they offered our Manager an extended contract and it was knocked back then I think you can take it as read that this was the case.

3 hours ago, Come on queens said:

Naysmith was allegedly offered a new,  improved contract by Queens around January but he/his agent held out and were looking at other options,  a job elsewhere.  When he found out no one else wanted him he crawled back to Queens to accept their offer only to be told the improved offer was no longer on the table.  It's not the BoD who need blame deflected. Performances/tactics  after January changed so much its too much of a coincidence. We were well rid. 

In a survey of wages for footballers in the Premier league on the BBC website Livingston were the lowest at 32K. If you factor in that the average wage in the UK is 25K it is clear why Queens and other clubs of our size are having difficulty with recruitment.
Just realised I sound like Les Dennis on family fortunes... Our survey said!