The Queen of the South thread

I'm a fan of Jim McIntyre (though in the minority in this thread I suspect) but when did the bit in bold happen? He guided us to the Championship playoffs and had us 3-1 up on Falkirk with 45 mins to play in the playoffs that season but it's a reach to call it the "best Championship that there has been". Are you confusing it with the following season which had Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in it? If so McIntyre had already long departed for Ross County before James Fowler guided us to the "best of the rest" title.
That's exactly what I've done [emoji23]

1 minute ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
9 minutes ago, Flash said:
Since the turn of the year we have become Brechin of the South. 

It really is feeling like that now isn't it. I have a feeling of impending doom. Absolutely gutted how this season has gone.

We have nothing to suggest that we will stay up the Jan transfer window was a disaster for Queens AJ has made some very poor signing he is to blame .Of the 5 signing only Wilson is a decent the other 4  are very poor .

48 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We have nothing to suggest that we will stay up the Jan transfer window was a disaster for Queens AJ has made some very poor signing he is to blame .Of the 5 signing only Wilson is a decent the other 4  are very poor .

They've hardly been given a chance except Devine and Stewart and we know by default Wilson is top quality. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd be angry with yesterday's result if we had showed signs of improvement but we are absolutely gutter. There's no point hoping for the sides around us to lose if our own side can't pick up points.

Yes, that's depressingly true.  Until we start looking capable of winning the odd match ourselves, it doesn't much matter what the others do.

I'd just been thinking that if last night had gone differently, Morton would have been within range on Satruday if we could beat them.  Pretty fanciful though I suppose.

Come on folks. Even although it has been a depressing run of results and team selections, if we field Kilday and Semple in a back 4 and get Hamilton on with Dobs we can get a result on Saturday. I notice that Semps has scored twice against Morton at Greenock  He will be bursting a gut to get a third at Dumfries, if he gets selected before the boy Devine that is.  Live in hope.

I hate Tuesday night games, they never seem to go our way.

It was the same last year, every time we or our rivals played on a Tuesday, it was a disaster for us. Apart from the Falkirk game, I think.

Mind you, Saturday games aren't much better just now.

We really need a win on Saturday.

15 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Come on folks. Even although it has been a depressing run of results and team selections, if we field Kilday and Semple in a back 4 and get Hamilton on with Dobs we can get a result on Saturday. I notice that Semps has scored twice against Morton at Greenock  He will be bursting a gut to get a third at Dumfries, if he gets selected before the boy Devine that is.  Live in hope.

Surely after Saturday's game v Dundee nobody could select Devine in front of Semple, Semple is our best option at CB and he is our young player with lots of Championship experience behind him.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Surely after Saturday's game v Dundee nobody could select Devine in front of Semple, Semple is our best option at CB and he is our young player with lots of Championship experience behind him.

AJ could and probably will

58 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

48 minutes ago, Benji said:

AJ could and probably will

If that happens it should be the last time he picks the Queens team... 

If that happens it should be the last time he picks the Queens team... 
If we lose on Saturday it should be his last time. If not, then I expect the BoD will be working on cutting our cloth for League 1.

I really really hope it isn't the case but I'm expecting come Tuesday night we'll be joint bottom.

Been reading a few posts about our back line. He is my thoughts on sat we played a back three and Semple looked good as he has a football brain but i do worry when we play a back four as I think then Semple lack of pace catches him out
So think for Semple to play we need to play a back three ( which I would )
I think Semple playing next to a quick centre back may help him as well
I only have one issue with Alan Johnson please stop dobbie taking all corners as defenders will be happy when he does . Just his presence in box will make teams put two players on him

18 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Been reading a few posts about our back line. He is my thoughts on sat we played a back three and Semple looked good as he has a football brain but i do worry when we play a back four as I think then Semple lack of pace catches him out
I only have one issue with Alan Johnson please stop dobbie taking all corners as defenders will be happy when he does . Just his presence in box will make teams put two players on him

The first half of last season Semple was outstanding  he played as part of a back 4 before getting his move to Ross County. A back 4 that at times included the not so quick Fordyce. He is now looking as fit as he was then and on Sat commanded his area of the park very well. 

Agree with the Dobbie taking corners surely someone else can take them! Faissel had an excellent delivery we miss him for the corners as well as alot more. 

1 hour ago, lowland star said:

So if we go to a back four let’s put Kilday/ Devine back together ? 10 goals in 4 games conceded..? 
Semple looked sharper and quicker against Dundee than he did the first time round which got him a decent move.

There is no formation that means Semple should not start ... He clearly showed against Dundee why he should have been playing in front of Devine, Ledger and Wilson since the turn of the year.

1 minute ago, SueSue said:

So if we go to a back four let’s put Kilday/ Devine back together ? 10 goals in 4 games conceded..? 
Semple looked sharper and quicker against Dundee than he did the first time round which got him a decent move.

There is no formation that means Semple should not start ... He clearly showed against Dundee why he should have been playing in front of Devine, Ledger and Wilson since the turn of the year.

When Wilson played CB of course.