The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Imo the mistake wasn’t sacking Naysmith or hiring Johnston. The mistake was giving Johnston a 2 year contract. Ok, we weren’t in a strong bargaining position, but neither was he as he wasn’t exactly being inundated with offers at this level. In any case, we wouldn’t have been in the position of having to get somebody immediately before the play-offs if we had sacked Naysmith sooner.

There are some people wanting in Jim McIntyre as his replacement if he were to get sacked. For me if we do get rid we need to make sure we give whoever it is a 1 year deal so we are not stuck in this predicament again. Up until january the football wasnt as bad as made out under Johnston. Its just a bad transfer window and Johnston's recent baffling team selections that have heightened the pressure.

On 16/04/2011 at 18:31, qos_75 said:

Well Raith & the Pars have one and of course the last few match threads have gone off on a tangent regarding our off field affairs. For that reason this is probably as good a thread as any to air your views and there is much to discuss.

With Queens looking for a completely new squad and management team (likely part-time) next season there are some uncertain times ahead at Palmerston. At the moment the team look to have chucked it and I suppose you can't really blame them. Players that have given their all look to have been treated with poorly and questions are being asked of our Chairman and board.

Anyway chart the twist and turns here.

Terrible feeling around Palmerston, relegation almost a certainty and the team look uninterested. And Billy ( know him well) has no answers. 

Anyone know someone wants Tae buy a pish fitba team?? 

Just now, Grant228 said:

He isn't of course. 

If Queens were to be relegated would AJ not be the best candidate to get them up? He's got a pretty good record in the 3rd tier. 

Jim McIntyre had a 12% win record after 30+ games with us, the worst statistically in our 127 year history. If that's not useless, I don't know what is.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Jim McIntyre had a 12% win record after 30+ games with us, the worst statistically in our 127 year history. If that's not useless, I don't know what is.

Look at Barry Smith if you want a useless manager. 

McIntyre did have a bad time at Dundee though, if we were to get rid of Crawford though I wouldn't be that gutted if we appointed McIntyre, whereas there's tons of managers on the circuit who I would be gutted with. 

29 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Look at Barry Smith if you want a useless manager. 

McIntyre did have a bad time at Dundee though, if we were to get rid of Crawford though I wouldn't be that gutted if we appointed McIntyre, whereas there's tons of managers on the circuit who I would be gutted with. 

Yep, Barry Smith is pretty useless. Still a substantially better record at Dundee with less resources than McIntyre though.

McIntyre will be lucky to get another gig in Scottish football. 

26 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:
Yep, Barry Smith is pretty useless. Still a substantially better record at Dundee with less resources than McIntyre though.
McIntyre will be lucky to get another gig in Scottish football. 

Nonsense.

Fair enough, if you rate Barry Smith as a manager, I won't slate you for it. Club legend and all that.

I'll let that be my last post on the matter as we are clogging up the Queen's thread.

Edited by Ludo*1

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fair enough, if you rate Barry Smith as a manager, I won't slate you for it. Club legend and all that.

I'll let that be my last post on the matter as we are clogging up the Queen's thread.

Don't feel too bad,  any distraction from our own problems is welcome. 

24 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Won division 1 with 1 club, league cup with another and guided a team to the play offs in the best championship (in terms of quality) that there has been. Great manager at this level.

I'm a fan of Jim McIntyre (though in the minority in this thread I suspect) but when did the bit in bold happen? He guided us to the Championship playoffs and had us 3-1 up on Falkirk with 45 mins to play in the playoffs that season but it's a reach to call it the "best Championship that there has been". Are you confusing it with the following season which had Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in it? If so McIntyre had already long departed for Ross County before James Fowler guided us to the "best of the rest" title.