The Queen of the South thread

Queens are going straight down this season, we'll finish bottom (not even getting to the relegation playoffs). When that happens will we change manager or bank on him leading us straight back up? I wonder if the Board figured that with 2 part time teams in the Division we were guaranteed to stay up and reduced the budget accordingly this season to clear the debt?  If we're relegated and switch to part time we could easily "do a Brechin" and drop all the way to the bottom Division (leading to an even worse scenario). Grim times indeed.

53 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Queens are going straight down this season, we'll finish bottom (not even getting to the relegation playoffs). When that happens will we change manager or bank on him leading us straight back up? I wonder if the Board figured that with 2 part time teams in the Division we were guaranteed to stay up and reduced the budget accordingly this season to clear the debt?  If we're relegated and switch to part time we could easily "do a Brechin" and drop all the way to the bottom Division (leading to an even worse scenario). Grim times indeed.

What a negative post it is like something I would post in saying that it will be hard to find any Queens fan who thinks Queens will stay up this season 

I've no idea what you post was about  but you can never have enough of Jennifer. 
It's to highlight shock that Northfield is criticising another poster for being negative. Yes, we all need a little Rachel in our lives...

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

What a negative post it is like something I would post in saying that it will be hard to find any Queens fan who thinks Queens will stay up this season 

My post isn't negative, it's the exact opposite, it's positive (i.e., I'm positive Queens will be relegated this season)

12 hours ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Try the 88/89 relegation team !! Or 83/84 just before Nobby Clark took over lol

Yes, very poor early 90s too, struggling away in the bottom tier.  The side that survived because of Hamilton's points penalty was also dreadful.

That's the logic part.  Those teams didn't look or feel any worse than the current vintage though.

12 hours ago, JessieField said:

wonder if the Board figured that with 2 part time teams in the Division we were guaranteed to stay up and reduced the budget accordingly this season to clear the debt? 

I must admit ignorance on my part also. This was my thinking At the start of the season also that the division may be easier with two part time times this season but it really hasn’t been the case. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

Just listened to the AJ post match interview. Hardly inspirational and he came across as someone who hasn't got a clue how to sort out our problems. When he came in last season the team got the benefit of the new manager bounce, but in truth we're actually no better than we were last season, in fact I think we've gone back the way.  I don't rate him at this level and far preferred the honesty and commitment of Gary N.  Okay we may have been relegated had Gary  remained in charge, something we'll never know. The Chairman made a bold decision and it worked for him, although I disagreed how he did it. Even with a larger budget, like AJ had at Dunfermline, I doubt this manager will do any better for us at this level. Like a few others on here I'd like to see a change but I doubt we can afford to make the change. If we are relegated, and hopefully this does not happen, then the current management team have to go...surely there's a clause in their contracts to allow a review...and perhaps give Dobbs and Willie Gibson the job to turn us round. Next week nothing short of a win will suffice.

There's no denying Naysmith could be infuriatingly negative tactically but I didn't doubt his commitment and his interviews were always honest and seemed genuinely down in defeat. Johnson has all the apathy of an unsought  manager on a 2 year contract. No communication during games, baffling subs. His "We should be going to Alloa, Arbroath etc. and winning" patter is pompous beyond belief. 

AJ is a very limited manager. Built a a decent reputation with two clubs who were in the seaside leagues with a much bigger budget. Stablised those clubs in the second tier when confidence was running high but when that runs out he's found wanting. We would've been relegated last season if we didn't sack him and a very similar looking season with Quees this year.  

40 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The shareholders meeting on Thursday night surely the board and AJ will get a hard time or will it be the same shareholders asking the same happy questions .

Buy some shares and go along and ask the awkward questions. 

49 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

There's no denying Naysmith could be infuriatingly negative tactically but I didn't doubt his commitment and his interviews were always honest and seemed genuinely down in defeat. Johnson has all the apathy of an unsought  manager on a 2 year contract. No communication during games, baffling subs. His "We should be going to Alloa, Arbroath etc. and winning" patter is pompous beyond belief. 

I've heard stories about Naysmith's "commitment".  Not entirely coincidental imo that our slump last January started when contract negotiations were going on. Also why did his assistant jump ship earlier than he was meant to. As for Johnston,    I couldn't care less about his interview skills or comments,  I'm more concerned about his Managerial skills. 

Imo the mistake wasn’t sacking Naysmith or hiring Johnston. The mistake was giving Johnston a 2 year contract. Ok, we weren’t in a strong bargaining position, but neither was he as he wasn’t exactly being inundated with offers at this level. In any case, we wouldn’t have been in the position of having to get somebody immediately before the play-offs if we had sacked Naysmith sooner.