The Queen of the South thread

There was no need at all to bring both Ledger and Devine in. Maybe one to cover Brownlie moving on.

Neither players in my opinion have added anything to the back line that Semple was not capable of doing himself. In fact over Semples 40 odd appearances for the club you would be hard pushed to find more than 2 or 3 games where you would say he had a very poor game.

Given the fact that as a young CB he is still learning his trade.

On the Semple front I'm more annoyed that we brought in more defenders rather than another (needed) midfielder. I know there wouldn't have been a massive list of AM available but surely there were one or two available on loan from the Premiership.

As it stands we have 7 (Seven) defenders on our books as well as 3 other players who can slot in to defence. We have two players 'of our own' who are way down the pecking order in Semple and Gourlay as a result. What use is it to them or us as a club if they are sat on the bench every week? They should have been allowed to go out on loan if he has no use for them just now. Instead we are developing other clubs players and leaving our own boys twiddling their thumbs. I've absolutely no issue with loan players, they are a godsend at our level but if they aren't any better than what we have then I'd rather our own boys were played.

Here here what a post semple should be starting for is and Gourley should also have started a cpl queen's Park game being the main one when AJ decided playing holt at Cb was a better option madness

3 CBs and 2 FBs starting. I hope he's going with a back 3 and WBs and not a flatback 5 or he is completely trolling us now. No Hamilton again though. Maybe he needs another week to come to that particular conclusion as well.

Well if we can afford to we need to get a new Manager, and soon. The AGM will certainly be interesting if AJ is still in post. That's us achieved a play-off spot, but at the wrong end. No chance AJ et al can dig us out of the mire this time round.

Only positive from today was a Queens MoM performance from CB  Callum Semple, he strolled the match, won all his battles In the air, and never put a foot wrong, His first full 90 for a long time. So glad to see him back in the starring 11.

1 point from the last 18, 4 home defeats in a row, knocked out of all the cups in the first round, including drawing at home to Annan, losing to Clyde and losing at home to Queen’s Park. I’m not sure what Johnston has going for him other than the length of a contract he shouldn’t have been given.