The Queen of the South thread

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, he didnt.

You sure?

QoS Team:
1 J Leighfield, 2 L Douglas, 3 A Vezza, 4 A Osman, 5 M Ledger, 6 C Potts, 7 D McMahon, 8 B Luissint, 9 T Goss, 10 G Oliver, 11 R Irving
Subs: 12 C Semple, 14 L Kidd, 15 M Paton, 16 J Hamilton, 17 M Williamson, 20 C Burns

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4938

Late change Queen of the South - 12 starts instead of 6

https://mobile.twitter.com/acciesfc/status/1229404391654010881

54 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

You sure?

Yes. He came on at half time for Ledger. Connor Potts was the late replacement for Adam Gordon. Not Callum Semple. Hamilton's twitter was an error. The article you've quoted that team from, which I wrote, says he came on at half time.

Guest TOPFITTER

Semple's second half performance apart from one misjudgement was exemplary. Seems to be an accomplished reader of the game, solid on ground and in the air with a leaders communication skills. At this level at least appears a stick-on team pick. I look forward to watching his progression. ⚽👏

11 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Semple's second half performance apart from one misjudgement was exemplary. Seems to be an accomplished reader of the game, solid on ground and in the air with a leaders communication skills. At this level at least appears a stick-on team pick. I look forward to watching his progression. ⚽👏

Hope we get to see Callum back in the first team very soon, He played so well when on loan to us from Sheff Utd at start of last season before signing for Ross County.  Came back from injury v Ayr away kept a clean sheet and scored what else can he do to make AJ give him a chance? Terrible man management.... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

11 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

The way AJ is treating the lad you wont be following his progression at Queens 

2 hours ago, SueSue said:

The way AJ is treating the lad you wont be following his progression at Queens 

Hope AJ is man enough to play Callum & accept he has been wrong with team selection lately. Give the lad a chance. Its a real shame as SueSue says if not we won't be watching this powerful CB progress in Queens colours. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

It's horrible when your team is on the kind of run we are right now but it's all part of being a supporter.
People obviously get emotional, especially in the aftermath of another defeat, but some of the hysterical nonsense being spouted is just ridiculous.
Through no fault of our own we lost 3 first team regulars in January at a time when you look to strengthen what you already have.
We have a defence the majority of whom have not long met each other let alone played together - that is obviously going to take time to gel as a unit.
This League is ridiculously tight - Dundee Utd apart - and any one of 5, possibly 6 teams, could end up bottom two at the end of the season.
Seems to me we had a poor run at this time last season under 'Gary' but the sentiment was to " get behind Gary and the boys - what's the difference now?
Just because he wasn't a cool head like AJ and showed his emotions seems to have taken a few people in at that time  - the reality being he took us to within 6 goals of automatic relegation.
Personally, I can't be doing with demonstrative Managers and much prefer a level head which doesn't mean you don't care.
AJ had to rebuild a squad, as we all know, on a very modest budget coming into this season so why anyone would think we were going to be challenging top end without any problem is mystifying.
The frustration is, I think, with the exception of DU the teams are very close and anyone can beat anyone on their day - even them - and that Alloa and particularly Arbroath are performing way better than anyone thought.   Any sort of winning run will catapult a team up the League but we have not been consistent enough yet to achieve that - see previous reasons.
Let's calm down, keep the faith and maybe we'll avoid automatic relegation by 7 goals this season and AJ will guide us through the play-offs again !

Your far too sensible for this thread mate

Whilst I would be quite happy to see Semple getting a chance,  and it seems to be a popular idea that he should, I just hope we're not building him up too much as the answer to our defensive problems.  It would be a bit sickening for us fans and the player himself if he did get a chance just to blow it and prove Johnston was right to leave him out.  The position we are in though Johnston needs to at least try something different in a defence that looks very fragile. 

Whilst I would be quite happy to see Semple getting a chance,  and it seems to be a popular idea that he should, I just hope we're not building him up too much as the answer to our defensive problems.  It would be a bit sickening for us fans and the player himself if he did get a chance just to blow it and prove Johnston was right to leave him out.  The position we are in though Johnston needs to at least try something different in a defence that looks very fragile. 

Can’t be any worse than shite on offer currently

13 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

This is all part of why the treatment of Semple has been so poor on the managers part. He has now placed a 21 year lad in the position of being the saviour of our season ………… if he gets selected.

For the manager to put a young player in that position is totally wrong.

That said I am sure Semple would love to play and take that chance instead of being the water bottle boy on match days.

On the Semple front I'm more annoyed that we brought in more defenders rather than another (needed) midfielder. I know there wouldn't have been a massive list of AM available but surely there were one or two available on loan from the Premiership.

As it stands we have 7 (Seven) defenders on our books as well as 3 other players who can slot in to defence. We have two players 'of our own' who are way down the pecking order in Semple and Gourlay as a result. What use is it to them or us as a club if they are sat on the bench every week? They should have been allowed to go out on loan if he has no use for them just now. Instead we are developing other clubs players and leaving our own boys twiddling their thumbs. I've absolutely no issue with loan players, they are a godsend at our level but if they aren't any better than what we have then I'd rather our own boys were played.