The Queen of the South thread

On 15/02/2020 at 16:44, 19QOS19 said:

If nothing else it shows me that I wouldn't be disappointed if Dobbie never manages us. I really liked AJ as a player (not to Dobbie levels obviously but he was a player I thought had quality) but am now genuinely loathing him as a manager.

I'd hate to have similar feelings towards Dobbs but if he dished up the shite AJ is I can't say I'd be able to avoid it.

Indeed, Crawford was a modern day legend as a Pars player, it was absolutely gutting to be in the position earlier in the season where most fans wanted rid, including me. 

15 minutes ago, Benji said:

We do have Thistle, let's hope they don't get their act together. Their fans are not impressed by McCall so far.

Must admit I really thought Thistle would turn it around but it hasn’t been the case, so far.....

I may be wrong, but are we not actually worse off than at the same time last season? This is around when we went on that horrendous run and started sinking.
I wasn't sorry to see Naysmith go, however, we're no better off this season. Problem is, who would we replace AJ with?
I'm normally a positive person, however, I'm worried that we may actually go down this year.
Quite possibly. Flash is your man for those stats. I'm more a "how many fecking crosses have we conceded this season?!" kind of statistician.
Aye we don’t have a Falkirk in the league this season. 
Must admit I really thought Thistle would turn it around but it hasn’t been the case, so far.....
As I've said elsewhere, Partick are garbage but they haven't looked as bad as that Falkirk side. The same can't be said for us. We're equally if not worse than last years side.

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Quite possibly. Flash is your man for those stats. I'm more a "how many fecking crosses have we conceded this season?!" kind of statistician.
As I've said elsewhere, Partick are garbage but they haven't looked as bad as that Falkirk side. The same can't be said for us. We're equally if not worse than last years side.

Alloa look as if they're prepared to fight. Watched them on TV Friday night.

8 minutes ago, jakeyman said:

2018/19  P 23 W 7 D 9 L 7 F 34 A 28 GD 6 Pts 30

2019/20 P 23 W 7 D 5 L 11 F 26 A 31 GD -5 Pts 26

Last 13 games of last season  P 13 W 2 D 2 L 9 F 7 A 19 GD -12 Pts 8  

That doesn't make good reading at all. We were better off last year, probably on the back of Stephen's scoring record.

What we're hoping/praying for is that the team doesn't now go on a run like last year, the defence improves and we score a few more. Not asking for much!

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Oliver and Goss have both scored in the reserve game putting us 2-1 ahead at half time. Osman and Ledger on from the start, Hamilton, Kidd, Paton and Semple on the bench.

Why has he not been playing recently? Injured?

5 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

9 month ago certain people were screaming for AJs return now there supprised when he doesn't seem to show commitment 

What do you expect from a man who left us for supposedly better once before failed and came crawling back 

I don't think that makes sense on several counts. What has he done to not show commitment? Sure hes done some things that lots of us disagree with but that's not a lack of commitment, a lack of clarity maybe or even of common sense, but not commitment. Not sure he came crawling back either. We were surely down last season if we hadn't sacked Naysmith. The only thing I disagreed with at the time was the manner, not the action. It felt like Johnstone got the mojo back into a lost squad for the play offs. He's had a pretty slim squad to pick from this season although I think its fair to say we are underperforming all the same. Losing the keeper was unfortunate but a big blow and if I say I' not worried about being relegated its more because in a sense I'm slightly looking forward to something different next season.

It's a tighter league (apart from Dundee Utd) so what do we need 5 wins would take us to 41pts - would this be enough and can you see us getting them. The last 4/5 matches were winnable and not only are you winning 3pts you are taking points of your direct opponents. The next 4/5 games are against the so called bigger clubs. knowing Queens we may win one or two of these