The Queen of the South thread

10 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Part of the loan deal is it less money to pay their main club if we play them? .... 

Very poor arrangement if that is the case. Certainly was not included in Hamilton's deal and was not applicable to the loan agreement last season for Frizzell. Would have worked for McGrorrie however. 

16 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Very poor arrangement if that is the case. Certainly was not included in Hamilton's deal and was not applicable to the loan agreement last season for Frizzell. Would have worked for McGrorrie however. 

How do you know the details of the loan deals? Or any contract details at all? Surely private between clubs/players?

I’d be well peed off if contract details were common knowledge at my work. 

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

How do you know the details of the loan deals? Or any contract details at all? Surely private between clubs/players?

I’d be well peed off if contract details were common knowledge at my work. 

Do not know the deals  just trying to understand the reasons for the managers team selection.  That's the real conundrum 

For me aj has lost the dressing room lost the fans lookes lost and doesn't learn from mistakes made.
His selections is baffling playing players out of position for no reason when the personnel are there to avoid this for me is unnacepable.
Week after week the goal conceded are dam right embarrassing what exactly is done in training as its the same week after week.
Dobbie is wasted in this team last season he had dykes doing a lot of work for him this season he's on his own that's not his game Hamilton scored a hatrick for the reserves confidence is high yet he still doesn't get a chance any time I've seen him he's looked decent certainly the closest to dykes we have.
Now poor callum semple what has he done yes he's had a tough time but the way he has been man managed is an utter joke if we were defending well then fair enough but for me he deserves a chance as does young Gourley whe develop a young spl player when we can do our own the same with the goalkeeper situation.
I don't see us staying up tbh we might but selections will need to change and aj will need to get a grip and try changing things playing players in there own positions or we are doomed.

For me aj has lost the dressing room lost the fans lookes lost and doesn't learn from mistakes made.
His selections is baffling playing players out of position for no reason when the personnel are there to avoid this for me is unnacepable.
Week after week the goal conceded are dam right embarrassing what exactly is done in training as its the same week after week.
Dobbie is wasted in this team last season he had dykes doing a lot of work for him this season he's on his own that's not his game Hamilton scored a hatrick for the reserves confidence is high yet he still doesn't get a chance any time I've seen him he's looked decent certainly the closest to dykes we have.
Now poor callum semple what has he done yes he's had a tough time but the way he has been man managed is an utter joke if we were defending well then fair enough but for me he deserves a chance as does young Gourley whe develop a young spl player when we can do our own the same with the goalkeeper situation.
I don't see us staying up tbh we might but selections will need to change and aj will need to get a grip and try changing things playing players in there own positions or we are doomed.

He has most definitely lost both the dressing room and now the Queens supporters. Hope he gets ripped a new one at the AGM next Thursday evening.

Let's not allow the thoroughly justified dissatisfaction with Johnston, to imply that getting rid of Naysmith was any sort of mistake.

It absolutely wasn't a mistake to empty Naysmith. It is comical* to see this season pan out almost identically to last. A manager who's too stubborn to change a losing system, a side doomed to relegation and the fans calling for the manager's head.

Apart from rescuing us in the play-offs AJ has been no better than GN IMO.

* As well as completely infuriating.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It absolutely wasn't a mistake to empty Naysmith. It is comical* to see this season pan out almost identically to last. A manager who's too stubborn to change a losing system, a side doomed to relegation and the fans calling for the manager's head.

I may be wrong, but are we not actually worse off than at the same time last season? This is around when we went on that horrendous run and started sinking.

I wasn't sorry to see Naysmith go, however, we're no better off this season. Problem is, who would we replace AJ with?

I'm normally a positive person, however, I'm worried that we may actually go down this year.

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I may be wrong, but are we not actually worse off than at the same time last season? This is around when we went on that horrendous run and started sinking.

Aye we don’t have a Falkirk in the league this season. 

50 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yes, the similarity between the seasons is striking.

The concern is that we've started the nosedive earlier this time.  Last year we actually had a good January.  We embarked on our kamikaze journey late enough to never quite reach bottom spot, despite giving it a really good go. 

This year, we've got plenty of time.

24 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Aye we don’t have a Falkirk in the league this season. 

We do have Thistle, let's hope they don't get their act together. Their fans are not impressed by McCall so far.