The Queen of the South thread

Honestly, is this the day for folk just making stuff up or what? Not as bad as Mgt Thatcher's fictional u21 call up for Semple but not really close to the truth either. Jack Hamilton took a while toget his opportunity at the start of the season but started (and scored) against Dundee in September. He then started the next 6 games before injuring himself at the start of the home game against Ayr in November. He missed the following 3 games and spent the 3 after that on the bench as he wasn't fully fit. He returned to the starting line up in January to play Dundee United. In the three games since he's started one and been a used sub in two (both of which he scored in). I actually think he was harshly left out of the starting line up in both those (unless he was carrying a wee knock, I don't know) but regardless of whether he was unlucky not to start two of the last three, it's nonsense to suggest he's suffered any massive "lack of game time". He's 19. I'd imagine Livi are pretty happy with the amount of game time he's getting at a decent level, which is considerably more than he would be getting with them and more than he was getting at Alloa last year.

How many games has striker Hamilton played up front? Given I've went on about him partnering Dobbie I thought it was obvious that's what I meant. You'd think Livi would also hope their striker is being used to improve his ability as a striker. Not used as a lump target out wide.
We wouldn't have conceded as many goals if Leighfield was playing instead of spaghetti arms. 

Really? He'd have got to one of the 3 crosses that Stewart had no chance with against Alloa, and he'd have got to one of the 3 corners against Dunfermline, and he'd have saved the penalty against Morton and kept out the shot from 5 yards out?

I like Leighfield but he wouldn't have done any better.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really? He'd have got to one of the 3 crosses that Stewart had no chance with against Alloa, and he'd have got to one of the 3 corners against Dunfermline, and he'd have saved the penalty against Morton and kept out the shot from 5 yards out?

I like Leighfield but he wouldn't have done any better.

Have you seen Stewart come out to collect a cross/corner yet? 

Leighfield would have undoubtedly done better. 

1 hour ago, eibbod nehpets said:

Have you seen Stewart come out to collect a cross/corner yet? 

Leighfield would have undoubtedly done better. 

As it can't be proved it's nonsense to say Leighfield would undoubtedly have done better. Do you remember Leighfield flapping at a couple of crosses V Clyde,  one which resulted in a goal iirc. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

How many games has striker Hamilton played up front? Given I've went on about him partnering Dobbie I thought it was obvious that's what I meant. You'd think Livi would also hope their striker is being used to improve his ability as a striker. Not used as a lump target out wide.

I imagine Livi will want their player to develop his overall football skills. I doubt they are too worried about the time Lyndon Dykes spent not playing up front either. Which is besides the point anyway. Hamilton has played the majority of his time up front, not playing elsewhere, and regardless your allegation was that he was 'suffering a lack of game time' which he clearly isnt particularly doing.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I imagine Livi will want their player to develop his overall football skills. I doubt they are too worried about the time Lyndon Dykes spent not playing up front either. Which is besides the point anyway. Hamilton has played the majority of his time up front, not playing elsewhere, and regardless your allegation was that he was 'suffering a lack of game time' which he clearly isnt particularly doing.

This has been going on for a few seasons now. Some of our fans clearly don't believe in injuries and the time it takes to get match fit after the injury. 

This has been going on for a few seasons now. Some of our fans clearly don't believe in injuries and the time it takes to get match fit after the injury. 
They'd believe in injuries if they were informed of injuries I'd imagine.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 hours ago, eibbod nehpets said:

They'd believe in injuries if they were informed of injuries I'd imagine.

Fans do get informed. 

5 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

When is the club AGM this year ?

Feb 27th

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Billy Hewitson said it would likely be towards the end of February. They need to give 21 days notice.

Actually these days, the required minimum notice by the Companies Act is 14 days.

Notice is in the post tonight. Those who registered for email communication will get their stuff before I leave the office tonight.

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

a £62,828 profit compared to a £199,000 loss the previous financial year is great news for the club.

It is great news to make a profit but it was only really because we did so  well in the Scottish Cup .

The disaster against Queens Park will make it very difficult to make a profit this season 

Fans do get informed. 

Once again no mention of the reserves first league victory on the official site.Surely wouldnt take much time to do a small report,score and scorers and maybe a quote from Willie Gibson. 

It is great news to make a profit but it was only really because we did so  well in the Scottish Cup .
The disaster against Queens Park will make it very difficult to make a profit this season 

Have you seen the financial results of some of the other teams in the Championship ?

After 2 season of big losses it’s refreshing for Queens to make a profit no matter how it was achieved.