The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

Semple's starting for reserves today, so are Kidd, Paton and Hamilton.

Barry Maguire, Tony Watt and Christian Ilic on for Well

According to the SLO twitter feed, we're 3-1 up at half time, Jack Hamilton hattrick.

Kilday and Semple at CB on Saturday please. Didn’t see Ledger on Saturday, but Kilday has been our most consistent CB and Semple absolutely deserves his chance.

2 starts (Ayr and Motherwell reserves) and 2 goals for a CB is impressive. Obviously attacking and defending corners are different, but if he’s that good at attacking them surely he can’t be any worse than who we have defending them?

5 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Kilday and Semple at CB on Saturday please. Didn’t see Ledger on Saturday, but Kilday has been our most consistent CB and Semple absolutely deserves his chance.

2 starts (Ayr and Motherwell reserves) and 2 goals for a CB is impressive. Obviously attacking and defending corners are different, but if he’s that good at attacking them surely he can’t be any worse than who we have defending them?

Didn't he come to us really highly rated? Other than AJ not taking to him, which is strange if he signed him, what's the issue?

Hamilton has to start ahead of Oliver for me every time. Don’t know if it’s because Oliver is our player that he always gets the nod first and especially that we have him signed up for next season also. Hopefully not a case of trying to keep our own players happy when it should be based on form etc. 

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

Didn't he come to us really highly rated? Other than AJ not taking to him, which is strange if he signed him, what's the issue?

Smashed it in his first loan spell and was duly called up to Scotland Under 21s and signed by an SPFL Premier League team. Things then obviously went wrong which you can read about on the internet and AJ has signed him but seems to have grudge.

3 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Hamilton has to start ahead of Oliver for me every time. Don’t know if it’s because Oliver is our player that he always gets the nod first and especially that we have him signed up for next season also. Hopefully not a case of trying to keep our own players happy when it should be based on form etc. 

Agree with this and the post above saying Hamilton and Semple to start. They are two players who are consistently providing for us at the moment (albeit on limited game time).

26 minutes ago, Benji said:

According to the SLO twitter feed, we're 3-1 up at half time, Jack Hamilton hattrick.

Finished 4-2.

Not that it matters but slight inaccuracy with your SLO Twitter feed. It was 1-1 at H/T - we (Motherwell) missed a pen at 1-0 as well.

The in-play read like it was a thorough bodying from your lot though.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Finished 4-2.

Not that it matters but slight inaccuracy with your SLO Twitter feed. It was 1-1 at H/T - we (Motherwell) missed a pen at 1-0 as well.

The in-play read like it was a thorough bodying from your lot though.

Yes, just saw that, sorry.

2 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Smashed it in his first loan spell and was duly called up to Scotland Under 21s and signed by an SPFL Premier League team. Things then obviously went wrong which you can read about on the internet and AJ has signed him but seems to have grudge.

Agree with this and the post above saying Hamilton and Semple to start. They are two players who are consistently providing for us at the moment (albeit on limited game time).

Ok, he had issues which he has hopefully now got over.

I don't understand the grudge part. If AJ signed him, what's the problem. It would be good if Sandra Brown actually came out and asked during her interviews.

Ok, he had issues which he has hopefully now got over.
I don't understand the grudge part. If AJ signed him, what's the problem. It would be good if Sandra Brown actually came out and asked during her interviews.

Sandra did hint at it and Johnston replied basically describing The reason why we’ve all heard he’s not been getting chance for. Just find it strange when he plays well against ayr, Johnston himself saying he was nearer his shape from last season and tbf to semple he also needs games. I’d have giving him a chance when the brownlie situation cropped up, if he didn’t take his chance, then I’d be dealing with him the way he seems to be currently. But after a relatively solid performance... is a bit baffling for me

1 hour ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

and scored against Morton at the start of the season playing with broken ribs

Pretty incredible Livi loaned us another player given Hamilton's lack of game time. I don't think he's a sleeping giant as such but 2 goals in his last 3 and a hat-trick today, regardless of the level, get him started ffs.

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pretty incredible Livi loaned us another player given Hamilton's lack of game time. I don't think he's a sleeping giant as such but 2 goals in his last 3 and a hat-trick today, regardless of the level, get him started ffs.

Honestly, is this the day for folk just making stuff up or what? Not as bad as Mgt Thatcher's fictional u21 call up for Semple but not really close to the truth either. Jack Hamilton took a while toget his opportunity at the start of the season but started (and scored) against Dundee in September. He then started the next 6 games before injuring himself at the start of the home game against Ayr in November. He missed the following 3 games and spent the 3 after that on the bench as he wasn't fully fit. He returned to the starting line up in January to play Dundee United. In the three games since he's started one and been a used sub in two (both of which he scored in). I actually think he was harshly left out of the starting line up in both those (unless he was carrying a wee knock, I don't know) but regardless of whether he was unlucky not to start two of the last three, it's nonsense to suggest he's suffered any massive "lack of game time". He's 19. I'd imagine Livi are pretty happy with the amount of game time he's getting at a decent level, which is considerably more than he would be getting with them and more than he was getting at Alloa last year.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Honestly, is this the day for folk just making stuff up or what? Not as bad as Mgt Thatcher's fictional u21 call up for Semple but not really close to the truth either. Jack Hamilton took a while toget his opportunity at the start of the season but started (and scored) against Dundee in September. He then started the next 6 games before injuring himself at the start of the home game against Ayr in November. He missed the following 3 games and spent the 3 after that on the bench as he wasn't fully fit. He returned to the starting line up in January to play Dundee United. In the three games since he's started one and been a used sub in two (both of which he scored in). I actually think he was harshly left out of the starting line up in both those (unless he was carrying a wee knock, I don't know) but regardless of whether he was unlucky not to start two of the last three, it's nonsense to suggest he's suffered any massive "lack of game time". He's 19. I'd imagine Livi are pretty happy with the amount of game time he's getting at a decent level, which is considerably more than he would be getting with them and more than he was getting at Alloa last year.

Easy tiger. Thatcher didn’t make things up, as he said, he made an honest mistake.

As for Hamilton, I think he can be pretty pissed at not playing more football over the last month.

Although, I do agree that approx 1200 of minutes played so far for a 19 year old is a decent return.