The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, sidofthesouth said:

Don't really get the confusion over why Semple isn't getting a game. H'es clearly in very poor shape for a young professional footballer and only he can sort this out.

If he doesn't, he will be in real danger of dropping out of the professional game altogether. 

Semple was in poor shape when he came back in the Summer.

in the managers own words Semple is where he was when he was first at the club and has been working hard on this at training. Not my words...... the manager after the Ayr game.

The other reason people are wondering why he is not playing is the last game he played 5 weeks ago he scored and more importantly help keep a clean sheet. He will now be 5 weeks fitter than he was then.

He has been replaced with a young player who has now been involved in conceding 8 goals in three games and given away 2 penalties.

Semple will never get the opportunity to get match fit if he does not get the chance to play matches.

29 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Semple was in poor shape when he came back in the Summer.

in the managers own words Semple is where he was when he was first at the club and has been working hard on this at training. Not my words...... the manager after the Ayr game.

The other reason people are wondering why he is not playing is the last game he played 5 weeks ago he scored and more importantly help keep a clean sheet. He will now be 5 weeks fitter than he was then.

He has been replaced with a young player who has now been involved in conceding 8 goals in three games and given away 2 penalties.

Semple will never get the opportunity to get match fit if he does not get the chance to play matches.

Certainly looks like there has been a falling out! No other reason for Semple not getting a chance, as said above clean sheet a goal at Ayr praised by the manager and never seen since terrible.... Time for  AJ to come clean. 

Certainly looks like there has been a falling out! No other reason for Semple not getting a chance, as said above clean sheet a goal at Ayr praised by the manager and never seen since terrible.... Time for  AJ to come clean. 

Why not move him on in January then if hes no intention of playing him again?

2 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Don't really get the confusion over why Semple isn't getting a game. H'es clearly in very poor shape for a young professional footballer and only he can sort this out.

If he doesn't, he will be in real danger of dropping out of the professional game altogether. 

Semple is 100 % fit has lost any extra weight he was carrying the only problem he has is that AJ has decided that a boy with no experience is going to play  .

AJ even said that Devine will learn after giving the pens away but at what cost to Queens .

No true he came on as a striker for the last 10 mins against Dundee utd the following week

So he did was still on tho.
Wasint at the game yesterday but really not convinced on devine at all he might come good but I'd rather we gave one of our own center backs a game in front of him that might b the case when mercer comes back to rb

28 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Why not move him on in January then if hes no intention of playing him again?

To treat a young player as he has is very very poor. He has just turned 21 for goodness sake.

More than once this season the manager has made decisions to do nothing but embarrass the boy. 

That said, football is about opinions and if the manager does not rate him then he is entitled to that opinion. As we are all entitled to an opinion on this forum.

My issue is that a manager just using a young player who has proved around 40 times for the club that he is good enough for this league as no more than bench warmer. Any manager worth his salt should in my opinion be encouraging a young player to get first team games whether at his parent club or on loan.

AJ is firmly putting his own needs first over a young player that he has no intention of playing.

After watching Semple warming up yesterday I wasn't totally convinced he's back where he was before he left us. But that said the boy Devine is perhaps fine as a substitute but from the two games I've seen him play in he makes a hell of a lot of mistakes. He plus the goalkeeper in defense won't produce many clean sheets. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong up at Arbroath next week!

59 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

After watching Semple warming up yesterday I wasn't totally convinced he's back where he was before he left us. But that said the boy Devine is perhaps fine as a substitute but from the two games I've seen him play in he makes a hell of a lot of mistakes. He plus the goalkeeper in defense won't produce many clean sheets. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong up at Arbroath next week!

So the manager was telling lies regarding where Semple is fitness wise?

Semple will never be at full match fitness until he plays games. He missed a full preseason with injury and all bar one Betfred match.

All about opinions though.

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

So the manager was telling lies regarding where Semple is fitness wise?

Semple will never be at full match fitness until he plays games. He missed a full preseason with injury and all bar one Betfred match.

All about opinions though.

Its very hard to know exactly whats going on, AJ will see him in training and surely will have a better idea what state he is in both physically and mentally than someone who  has seen him a cple of times  in the last 10 weeks. 

I'm no expert in body language but I thought during the pre- match and half time warm up yesterday Semple looked like a player who is just sickened and frustrated, and who can really blame him.  Of course most of us have no real idea what's happening behind the scenes and all might be hunky-dory,  but on outward appearances it looks like there is something not quite right. Devine looked less than competent or confident  yesterday, was responsible for both penalties so he's hardly proving to be undroppable.

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm no expert in body language but I thought during the pre- match and half time warm up yesterday Semple looked like a player who is just sickened and frustrated, and who can really blame him.  Of course most of us have no real idea what's happening behind the scenes and all might be hunky-dory,  but on outward appearances it looks like there is something not quite right. Devine looked less than competent or confident  yesterday, was responsible for both penalties so he's hardly proving to be undroppable.

When a manager has clearly moved heaven and earth not to play you after a decent performance at Ayr, I don’t really think you can blame the lad for looking pissed off.

Especially when the managers idea of a solid defense has conceded 8 goals in three games. CBs can look great on the ball but there first job above all is to keep clean sheets.

I remember last season when AJ arrived and kicked Maguire out of the side quick sharp. He never got a look in either.

Wonder if we will see Semple at CB tomorow v Motherwell in the reserve match, If AJ is concerned about his match fitness he should surely start this game? He often plays players that havn't featured for the first team but have sat on the bench.

Any team that has conceded 8 goals in 3 games with a solid proven Championship CB not playing but fit sitting on the bench should surely be going back to basics and start using him. Get the back 4 as Mercer, Kilday, Semple & Holt. Devine for me hasn't proven himself and has cost the team a few goals in the games he has played, Championship football is a big step up from reserve football.

I find it very strange that AJ brought him back to Queens but won't play him especially now he is fit and the defence is leaking goals... 

With AJ saying Kilday looked a bit rusty after a couple of games out, I wonder if he will offer Semple the same understanding. If Semple plays tomorrow it will be the first football the lad has played for 5 weeks !!

Since his performance at Ayr and 2 minute cameo at CF against Dundee Utd.

Totally hung the youngster out to dry. 

Can't confirm if it's true or not but told by someone close to Semple that we rejected an offer from a League team down south during the January window.

So if this is true we’ve turned down money for a player that our manager apparently doesn’t rate. Either the story is shite or our manager wants to keep Semple.