The Queen of the South thread

Wondering same. Suspect, though, we're done.

I wonder if thats the transfer activity all done for the season? Or will AJ manage to sneak 1 more in before the window closes. I am intrigued by the signings hopefully AJ has done his homework and the 3 players he has signed can strengthen the team. Once again it'll be a rebuilding job in the summer.... 

Has AJ ever played 3 5 2 as a manager ??
Tried it at the start of last season after signing Jackson Longridge to play left wing back. It looked good pre-season including winning at then-Premiership Dundee and then beating United at Tannadice which we never do. All of a sudden it turned to shit though, our centre halves didn't know who was meant to be marking who, we struggled when teams played one up front, the midfield three were flaky and it was quickly abandoned for a more usual narrow 4-4-2.

I would settle for a narrow 4-4-2 with four central midfielders in the team. Anything that will give Dobbie the partner he blatantly requires to get the best out of him.

It’s beyond depressing watching him isolated up front on his own and possibly even worse seeing him shoved out on the left and having to track back.

Just now, SUPERSOUTH said:

So you still think there's a chance then? 

No chance Skyline is just winding you up he has been at home for hours feet up watching the Thistle game on that Thistle looked really good unlucky not to win the game just can't see them finish near the bottom of the league 

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

No chance Skyline is just winding you up he has been at home for hours feet up watching the Thistle game on that Thistle looked really good unlucky not to win the game just can't see them finish near the bottom of the league 

No, I'm still in the office. I watched the Thistle game on the BBC website stream. However, if Allan says there's nothing further happening I presume there isn't.

3 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Fair play to the board, obviously been some decent backing of the manager.

Obviously yet to see if they work out, but can’t remember us ever making three signings in two days.

We sold  2 of our better players in January Brownlie & Bakthaoiu so sure the manager will have used ther wages and transfer fee. Prob be like for like money wise. 

Interesting reading Jim Goodwin's comments about Kirk Broadfoot ' Not only are we losing a very experienced, good central defender, but I’m also strengthening one of our opponents who we are trying to compete with. I could probably have dug my heels in and made him stay but the last thing I want is people that don’t want to be there. I certainly can’t afford to have an experienced player in the dressing room who is not going to be in the right frame of mind." Very similar thinking and situation to Brownie possibly.

9 hours ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Interesting reading Jim Goodwin's comments about Kirk Broadfoot ' Not only are we losing a very experienced, good central defender, but I’m also strengthening one of our opponents who we are trying to compete with. I could probably have dug my heels in and made him stay but the last thing I want is people that don’t want to be there. I certainly can’t afford to have an experienced player in the dressing room who is not going to be in the right frame of mind." Very similar thinking and situation to Brownie possibly.

He must of been desperate to leave as he paid his own transfer fee 😂

Edited by ALOREBURNE