The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Flash said:

I think in the case of Celtic and Rangers they might be motivated by the idea that a player could help take points off their only rivals for the title whilst not being able to play against the club they’re contracted to. Certainly think that would be part of the thinking with McCrorie. When the top 2 are that close, small margins might make a difference.

Loans to teams in the same league shouldn’t be allowed, imo.

Yes, that will definitely be part of it too.

Allowing teams to loan players in the same division is basically permitting them to field more than eleven players at a given time, in a particular competition.  It's yet another manifestation of the gross imbalances in wealth and power that not only exist, but get encouraged.

We won’t with that midfield. Osman slows the play down too much and is so negative. I like Pybus but there’s just no creativity in the middle. In an ideal world we’d bring in a winger and a creative central player but I know that’s not going to happen. I’ll just settle for a winger. 

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Anybody else still think we'll make the promotion play-offs? emoji38.png emoji38.png emoji38.png

That was as bad today as the Queens Park Cup game ..

Play like that and we will go down this season .

Why the hell was Devine  playing instead of Semple he played like a boy would play making a few mistakes  the new keeper played like the Livi fans said he would never makes a save now I to the main point Darren Brownlie must be sold to Thistle this week he is just going through the motions his head is already at Thistle .

10 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Why the hell was Devine  playing instead of Semple he played like a boy would play making a few mistakes  the new keeper played like the Livi fans said he would never makes a save now I to the main point Darren Brownlie must be sold to Thistle this week he is just going through the motions his head is already at Thistle .

Devine did ok but needs a helping hand from an experienced sidekick,  unfortunately today he had Brownlie in his bombscare mode. Can't really blame the keeper for the first two goals,  not sure if he could do better with the third from my position,  otherwise he didn't really have saves to make. 

Let’s hope AJ’s got a couple of decent players lined up to bring in. 

i get the feeling it’s going to be a close one again this season. I’m sure we won’t go in as bad a run as last season though😬

18 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Yes a poor selection and the rest of the results went against us. The Morton game is a bigy now

Young boy did okay, his experienced partner should’ve been keeping him right but decided to have an absolute nightmare. If rumours are true he’s away, he shouldn’t have been anywhere near the 11. Goalkeeper couldn’t do f**k all for any of the goals, give him a break. Defence was shocking

We either need to sign two wingers pronto, or a change in formation is required.

The front three of Dobbie, Murray and Oliver will never work if the only service they are going to get is the ball launched at them from distance. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dobbie challenging for so many headers as he did today. Unsurprisingly he didn’t win many of them.

Bringing Hamilton on was the right decision but shifting Dobbie wide to accommodate him is ridiculous.

Hamilton needs to do more, but he is still the clear and obvious choice to partner Dobbie in a front two. It’s well established that a partner of that ilk brings the best out of Dobbie.

With no natural wide men in the squad though we either need to sign some or give a 3-5-2 a shot IMO.

Mental how quick everyone has turned on Brownlie. 

Not really turned on him and he has been excellent this season but today certainly raises questions about where his head is. Every player makes mistakes and he was due one so I haven't been too hard on his gift for the goal. I was more annoyed with his lack of effort. There was a moment in the first half where he was easily brushed off the ball by Thomson (I think) when it was Brownlie's ball to lose. 3 months ago he'd have taken the ball and left the player on their arse. He's even given away daft fouls in the past such was his determination to get the ball.  

His head absolutely wasn't there today and everyone could see it. If we lose him in January we are significantly weaker but after today I think we'd be just as weak with him here. It's sad really as I didn't think Brownlie would be the type of person to 'down tools' like that.

I doubt if there was any conscious downing of tools.  He probably just had a stinker.

The fact is though that having signed a pre-contract, goodwill does evaporate a bit.  Throw in the rumours that his move is imminent, and the benefit of any doubt is unlikely to be extended.  

It was such a lousy display today - an eye catching, costly terrible mistake, added to a half arsed, casual performance thereafter.

He's definitely been much improved this season, but I think his excellence is often overstated.  His departure will trouble me less than either of the recent ones.

I doubt if there was any conscious downing of tools.  He probably just had a stinker.
The fact is though that having signed a pre-contract, goodwill does evaporate a bit.  Throw in the rumours that his move is imminent, and the benefit of any doubt is unlikely to be extended.  
It was such a lousy display today - an eye catching, costly terrible mistake, added to a half arsed, casual performance thereafter.
He's definitely been much improved this season, but I think his excellence is often overstated.  His departure will trouble me less than either of the recent ones.

I can’t take folk having a stinker, was the half arsedness and the swagger away after the howler for the first goal that’s pissed me off.

Absolutely bealing after today.

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah all of this.

I think I defended him when others used to criticise him, and now everyone else seems to be raving about him I'm just not seeing the hype.  Maybe I'm just a contrary hipster!   To me he has gone from an adequate Championship centre half, to a reasonably good Championship centre half.  He's 25 so I don't see him improving too much beyond that.

His strength has always been winning things in the air.  He improved us tenfold in that aspect when he came back into the side last season and carried it into this season.  He's decent with the ball at his feet but not as good as I suspect he thinks he is.  He is also prone to daft lapses in concentration.

If the rumours are true then we are as well getting shot because another performance like today from him would be very damaging.