The Queen of the South thread

19 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Did someone not once post that Leighfield concedes an average of 2 goals a game?

According to Soccerbase, Jack Leighfield has conceded 50 goals in 31 appearances, an average of 1.6 per game.

By comparison, Robbie McCrorie has conceded 33 goals in 24 appearances, an average of 1.4 per game.

It's not exactly accurate since both players have appeared in cup matches, but as an illustration, across a 36 game season Leighfield would concede seven more goals than McCrorie (57 v 50).

Of course, as Mourinho said, statistics are used by those who don't understand football... we can all see the differences between Leighfield (as he was last season - he may have improved) and McCrorie. But the stats themselves aren't dreadful.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

39 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Hopefully just unfortunate timing on twitter... IMG_20200123_114540.jpeg

It's not Kenny Miller. 

35 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Your current goalkeeper must absolutely stinking if you’re hoping this transpires.

God knows. We've got a 'keeper already here who is capable at this level but a fair majority of our fans would rather loans than play our own. 

14 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Did someone not once post that Leighfield concedes an average of 2 goals a game?

He might have to do for Saturday but I’d be very concerned if he was our long term solution. That said the Livi boy hardly sounds like an upgrade.

Mark Ridgers averaged about 4 goals  a game in the Premiership for us. Done well at ICT though...

God knows. We've got a 'keeper already here who is capable at this level but a fair majority of our fans would rather loans than play our own. 
Honestly, you could tell this lot we're loaning a 20 year old they've never heard of and they'll all jump on the bandwagon wanting him played before one of our own players. We don't loan players out often either unless it's a pointless loan to a Southern counties standard team. 
Jamie Macdonald, Zander Clark, Robbie McCrorie. Name 3 of "our own players" that we've had in between the sticks better than these loaned 20 year olds?

It's just a fact that we've had more success loaning GK's in recent times than we've had signing them permanently.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Jamie Macdonald, Zander Clark, Robbie McCrorie. Name 3 of "our own players" that we've had in between the sticks better than these loaned 20 year olds?

It's just a fact that we've had more success loaning GK's in recent times than we've had signing them permanently.

My post was clearly about loans in general, not just 'keepers. I never stated it was only about that one position. 

But, I'd rather have Leighfield playing before that dud from Livi, or any other' keeper we've been linked with in the last couple of days. 

My post was clearly about loans in general, not just 'keepers. I never stated it was only about that one position. 
But, I'd rather have Leighfield playing before that dud from Livi, or any other' keeper we've been linked with in the last couple of days. 

Would you aye?