The Queen of the South thread

22 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Seems likely.

Based on what I have seen, Stewart is a goalkeeper who makes rash decisions and doesn't seem to make out of the ordinary saves. Whereas Sarkic and Kelly last season seemed to pull great saves out all the time, I can't remember Stewart making many that saved otherwise certain goals. Of the few clear chances we conceded, almost all ended up in the net.

Great.

I wonder if Cammy Bell might be of interest for youse. Sure he’s from Dumfries and he’s very much our 2nd choice now. Probably one of our higher earners so if he can get himself a club then I doubt we’d stand in his way.

Also more than welcome to take Ian McShane at the same time.

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm surprised you aren't calling for the manager's head then considering he has this squad of superstars at his disposal, yet we are languishing in mid-table after falling at the first hurdle in all of the cups.

Definitely me that's overreacting though.

Languishing in mid- table ??

A win at Morton and that’s one point off the top 4. Even the most down beat would not say that is languishing!!!

You are on the wind up aren’t you. 👍 please say you are on the wind up 🙏

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

I wonder if Cammy Bell might be of interest for youse. Sure he’s from Dumfries and he’s very much our 2nd choice now. Probably one of our higher earners so if he can get himself a club then I doubt we’d stand in his way.

No thank you .

I bet AJ is relieved that he is not facing a half yearly appraisal from some on this site. Inherited a shambles from his predecessor, had only one signed player, had 4 play off games to negotiate before he could even start thinking about recruitment, and then had to try and entice Championship standard FT players whilst offering them wages that are only marginally better than PT terms.

I would say that to get players like McCrorie, Pybus,Kilday, El Baik, Holt (although suspect this deal was done pre AJ) was a very respectable effort in the circumstances. Squad players like Oliver, Hamilton, Kidd and Paton could have contributed more but it is not as though they are incapable of delivering at this level and it is tough for the two strikers with Dobbie an automatic starter. Lyon and Osman are solid additions. McCarthy was disappointing.

I think if I was looking for examples of shocking summer windows I would look no further than Falkirk and Partick - both clubs paying the majority of their key players £700 - £900 per week and getting a very modest return. If AJ had carried their financial muscle then criticism would have been justified but with the hand he has had to play I think not.

Fantastic post you lead by example. Northfield weeredbook please listen to a poster who talks sense

Languishing in mid- table ??
A win at Morton and that’s one point off the top 4. Even the most down beat would not say that is languishing!!!

You are on the wind up aren’t you. [emoji106] please say you are on the wind up [emoji120]
Lose and we are 7th, 3 points off 9th (and a side who appear to doing a fair bit of strengthening into the bargain).

We're weaker than we were a fortnight ago I don't think it's negative to be concerned right now. Top 4 isn't even in my mind.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

We must move on my choice of a replacement would be Jamie McDonald  but he will probable be out of our budget .

This window has been a disaster.

Well he's probably still better than any of us ever were but move on??? Bringing another player back years down the line hardly progressive and forward looking still its 2020 queens we follow 

Even money it'll be bell 

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lose and we are 7th, 3 points off 9th (and a side who appear to doing a fair bit of strengthening into the bargain).

We're weaker than we were a fortnight ago I don't think it's negative to be concerned right now. Top 4 isn't even in my mind.

Queens are not Languishing in mid table. They are well placed in the table given their  2 games in hand over a couple of other mid table teams after tonight.

Concerned is one thing...... Negative is another.

Queens are not Languishing in mid table. They are well placed in the table given their  2 games in hand over a couple of other mid table teams after tonight.
Concerned is one thing...... Negative is another.

If things stay the way they are tonight we are as close to 10th as we are 4th and closer to 9th than those two. Midtable in this league is pretty much the area where final prize money is the only relevant thing and that's 5th-8th place. All midtable sides currently have 25pts. We're clearly midtable. We have games in hand and I'd rather it was us than our opponents but it doesn't mean points.

Again, we are now weaker than we were before the window so if being concerned equates to being negative then being positive surely equates to being delusional.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Mods, please.

I'd take Bell back if hes fit. Anyone know if Jamie McDonald is available?

My understanding is that he would be available.  Whilst he has played for Killie and Alloa this season, his loan deal at Alloa is an emergency loan which gets extended on a weekly basis. Due to the nature of the loan, it exempts him from the normal 2 clubs per season FIFA rule.

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jamie MacDonald has played for two clubs. He can't play anywhere else this season.

14 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

My understanding is that he would be available.  Whilst he has played for Killie and Alloa this season, his loan deal at Alloa is an emergency loan which gets extended on a weekly basis. Due to the nature of the loan, it exempts him from the normal 2 clubs per season FIFA rule.

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Maybe Skyline Drifter could confirm this or otherwise? 

WOOOOOOOSH

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If things stay the way they are tonight we are as close to 10th as we are 4th and closer to 9th than those two. Midtable in this league is pretty much the area where final prize money is the only relevant thing and that's 5th-8th place. All midtable sides currently have 25pts. We're clearly midtable. We have games in hand and I'd rather it was us than our opponents but it doesn't mean points.

Again, we are now weaker than we were before the window so if being concerned equates to being negative then being positive surely equates to being delusional.

The word Languishing is my issue. This means no chance of progression.

With 2 games in hand Queens are in a better position than the other mid table sides. 

you look at it one way, I chose to look at it another.

its A cup half empty or half full thing.

4 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

The Joe Thomson situation was different because Celtic wanted him training and playing for a full time club .

I can see no benefit for McCorie playing for Livi rather than us he will  be doing exactly the same job okay he is playing against and with better players but he is a goalkeeper wherever he plays 

We must move on my choice of a replacement would be Jamie McDonald  but he will probable be out of our budget .

This window has been a disaster.

Jesus, there is about ten folk already pointed out MacDonald cant play for a third team in a season. Budget is irrelevant (& if he is in Alloa's chances are he is in ours).

And the very very obvious benefit is facing better players every week at a better level. Still think it is a slightly surprising move given he cant face Rangers and cant play in the Scottish Cup but the benefits are also obvious for him and Rangers. He wont be facing Edouard and Griffiths etc in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jesus, there is about ten folk already pointed out MacDonald cant play for a third team in a season. Budget is irrelevant (& if he is in Alloa's chances are he is in ours).

And the very very obvious benefit is facing better players every week at a better level. Still think it is a slightly surprising move given he cant face Rangers and cant play in the Scottish Cup but the benefits are also obvious for him and Rangers. He wont be facing Edouard and Griffiths etc in the Championship.

In my opinion it is a risk putting such a young keeper under more pressure at this time.

If he has a bad time over the next few months his confidence is going to be shot to bits. Not great for a keeper.

At Queens he could have a full settled season where he is getting valuable game time at a level he is comfortable at. Keeping his confidence sky high.