The Queen of the South thread

Gerrard didn't need to explain his decision so I've a bit of respect for him doing so tbf. I'm more frustrated that a contract isn't worth the paper it's written on again. I know loans are different but it still stings.

Do wish Robbie all the best and if Rangers are daft enough to not make him No. 1. in the next couple of years then I'm sure the boy will have a good career down south. Early days but I fully expect to see him line up for the National Side in the future.

21 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Is the suddenness not down to the injury to the Livi keeper?

Yes,  but that doesn't necessarily mean that Queens would be expecting rangers and Livingston to do a quick deal to take a player they already loaned to another club. 

Why are most contributors on this thread so negative. I get disappointment about McCrorie as he was a good keeper but Iam sure both manager and board conducted themselves in proper manner with rangers were I am hopeful we can get more players in on loan ( believe this window as well) . As Gerrard said he was please with how McCrorie developed at queens so hope there is a positive relationship with both clubs like we have had with st johnstone over the years

1 minute ago, lowland star said:

Why are most contributors on this thread so negative. I get disappointment about McCrorie as he was a good keeper but Iam sure both manager and board conducted themselves in proper manner with rangers were I am hopeful we can get more players in on loan ( believe this window as well) . As Gerrard said he was please with how McCrorie developed at queens so hope there is a positive relationship with both clubs like we have had with st johnstone over the years

Pretty hard not to be negative when one of the best keepers you've had in recent years unexpectedly leaves the club mid-season.

The points you make about building relationships etc are quite right but they dont really help us now.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Good luck to him.

Crucial 10 days ahead for AJ and the board.

So what do we need? Goalkeeper, winger, striker? Creative midfielder?

I would say wingers, plural, and at least one midfielder. Not so sure we need anymore strikers with Oliver and Hamilton sitting on the bench already

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Pretty hard not to be negative when one of the best keepers you've had in recent years unexpectedly leaves the club mid-season.

The points you make about building relationships etc are quite right but they dont really help us now.

I would say wingers, plural, and at least one midfielder. Not so sure we need anymore strikers with Oliver and Hamilton sitting on the bench already

Could do with a goal scorer this season though

2 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Jack Ruddy leaves Ross County! Maybe just a coincidence but seems we might need a keeper and with him leaving it opens the door for us.

If it's the same Jack Ruddy we had from Wolves then god help you

43 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Gerrard didn't need to explain his decision so I've a bit of respect for him doing so tbf. I'm more frustrated that a contract isn't worth the paper it's written on again. I know loans are different but it still stings.

Do wish Robbie all the best and if Rangers are daft enough to not make him No. 1. in the next couple of years then I'm sure the boy will have a good career down south. Early days but I fully expect to see him line up for the National Side in the future.

You rate him that highly? Good to hear. I think he will go out of loan next season too but hopefully gets a shot at us after that.

You rate him that highly? Good to hear. I think he will go out of loan next season too but hopefully gets a shot at us after that.

McCrorie has said time and time again his plan is to move up a level next year (English L1 or Scottish Premiership) and then try and get in with Rangers.

He still trains with Gers on Mondays, I reckon Gerrard is just trying to fast track his development and use him as a no2 (cup games possibly) next season.

A seriously good ‘keeper who, if he puts in performances at Livi, won’t be far off the Scotland squad

6 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

McCrorie has said time and time again his plan is to move up a level next year (English L1 or Scottish Premiership) and then try and get in with Rangers.

He still trains with Gers on Mondays, I reckon Gerrard is just trying to fast track his development and use him as a no2 (cup games possibly) next season.

A seriously good ‘keeper who, if he puts in performances at Livi, won’t be far off the Scotland squad

Fully agree with you. The loan system is used to allow clubs to ensure promising young players get game time. I have always been uneasy when a side like Queens get to rely on a loan player like McCrorie. In his case it's all about the player and Rangers. The loan has been good for Queens as well as Rangers but the lack of security has come back to bite our bum. I have no doubt this lad will play for Rangers and I wish him well. At least at Livingston he won't have to face the scoring machine that is Lyndon Dykes

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, Toshson said:
I find this Robbie McCrorie situation very strange on Rangers behalf. If it's true and he's off to Livi, that's him played for two clubs in a season. Surely if anything major happened to McGregor and Fotheringham it would of been easy enough to recall him back from Queens to replace any of there keepers. It just doesn't add up on their part. And if he's going to Livi it would need to be as there No 1, not sit on the bench and lose guaranteed game time, which he's getting currently at Queens.
Then Livingston's wouldn't be able to play him against his parent club for the rest of the season as well.

I find it pretty shite from The Rangers as well. To recall a player just to loan them to another club is poor form IMO. Unless Livin are contributing more to his wages I don't see what benefit this is to them.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Why wait 6 month when they could do it now?

For the reasons I've already mentioned.

Those reasons are very, very, very silly. 

McCrorie was the best keeper in the league, happy with this. 

1 hour ago, football maniac said:

Jack Ruddy leaves Ross County! Maybe just a coincidence but seems we might need a keeper and with him leaving it opens the door for us.

1 hour ago, malkyshotton said:

If it's the same Jack Ruddy we had from Wolves then god help you

Hope Dobbie gets his shooting boots on if you sign him. He's good for chucking 2 in a game at league 1 level. 

Seriously depressing news about McCrorie - you only need to look at the improvement in our “goals against column” to see the impact he has had on our back 4. Unless Leighfield has improved dramatically he is not a serious option so it is a race against time to source a suitable replacement.
Hopefully some other players in the pipeline but no point in recruiting bench warmers.

I find it pretty shite from The Rangers as well. To recall a player just to loan them to another club is poor form IMO. Unless Livin are contributing more to his wages I don't see what benefit this is to them.
You benefitted from a very similar situation when you got Joe Thomson on loan from Celtic. He had been the main man in our midfield before he was unexpectedly recalled and sent on loan to another team in the same division.

A kick in the balls no doubt but swings and roundabouts.