The Queen of the South thread

Scott Burns has just retweeted it so it’s probably true.

Think it’s a bit of a pisser tbh the way teams can just pull a loaned player away like that without the loan club having any say.
Yip it'd well and truly leave us in the shit tbh.

Yip it'd well and truly leave us in the shit tbh.

Looks like it’s a done deal. The guy they just brought in is injured and they want McCrorie in for Wednesday night. Jamie MacDonald is the obvious replacement if the loop hole regarding his registration is true.

Obviously for us it weakens a play off rival but I’ll be saying nothing until I’m certain Rangers or Celtic won’t do similar with Kelly or Doohan.

This has turned into some transfer window 😂 Talk about maybe a couple coming in start of January but now we’re potentially 3 down with absolutely no one in. Amongst that 3 you’ve got 2 first team players as well. Oh to be a Queens fan 🤷🏻‍♂️

Looks like it’s a done deal. The guy they just brought in is injured and they want McCrorie in for Wednesday night. Jamie MacDonald is the obvious replacement if the loop hole regarding his registration is true.

Obviously for us it weakens a play off rival but I’ll be saying nothing until I’m certain Rangers or Celtic won’t do similar with Kelly or Doohan.

MacDonald to us? Would soften the blow I suppose. I know Ayr have had a dip but I doubt you'll drop far enough to be a playoff rival... We weren't finishing Top 4 before losing El Bak and McCrorie, no danger we'll be Top 4 without them.
This has turned into some transfer window [emoji23] Talk about maybe a couple coming in start of January but now we’re potentially 3 down with absolutely no one in. Amongst that 3 you’ve got 2 first team players as well. Oh to be a Queens fan [emoji2371]

Yep. Brutal stuff. No idea how much we got for El Bak but the board will need to give a fair amount to AJ if they expect us to remain in the division.

Yep. Brutal stuff. No idea how much we got for El Bak but the board will need to give a fair amount to AJ if they expect us to remain in the division.

Have heard from a very good source it was around 40K. Not bad considering he only had 6 months left.

Shooting in the dark a bit here but wonder if we’ll get Andy Firth from Rangers, or possibly a younger ‘keeper.

If this is true, and AJ never had something lined-up, surely Leighfield wouldn’t have started the reserve game today? He left exactly 11 first-team players out

No be McDonald as the daft fifa two clubs in a season rule a said below woulda like thought rangers will help us out and loan us Firth but if livi did enquire in a goal seems strange they offer them McCrorie instead fodringham or Firth aslong as McCrorie is going be there number 1 other wise it seems an odd move we’re deffo in deep shite January is when you meant strengthen your squad not weaken it [emoji30][emoji24]

Is RM going to be good enough for the step up? How's he played this season?

From the looks of it the lad we got from Huddersfield came in and played one game, faced one shot and let it in and then got injured and is back at Huddersfield now? :D 

Edited by ATLIS

Is RM going to be good enough for the step up? How's he played this season?

From the looks of it the lad we got from Huddersfield came in and played one game, faced one shot and let it in and then got injured and is back at Huddersfield now? [emoji3] 

Nope, he’s shite.

What a disaster of a window this has turned into.

I find this Robbie McCrorie situation very strange on Rangers behalf. If it's true and he's off to Livi, that's him played for two clubs in a season. Surely if anything major happened to McGregor and Fotheringham it would of been easy enough to recall him back from Queens to replace any of there keepers. It just doesn't add up on their part. And if he's going to Livi it would need to be as there No 1, not sit on the bench and lose guaranteed game time, which he's getting currently at Queens.
Then Livingston's wouldn't be able to play him against his parent club for the rest of the season as well.

I find this Robbie McCrorie situation very strange on Rangers behalf. If it's true and he's off to Livi, that's him played for two clubs in a season. Surely if anything major happened to McGregor and Fotheringham it would of been easy enough to recall him back from Queens to replace any of there keepers. It just doesn't add up on their part. And if he's going to Livi it would need to be as there No 1, not sit on the bench and lose guaranteed game time, which he's getting currently at Queens.
Then Livingston's wouldn't be able to play him against his parent club for the rest of the season as well.

As they also have Andy firth.

I find it pretty shite from The Rangers as well. To recall a player just to loan them to another club is poor form IMO. Unless Livin are contributing more to his wages I don't see what benefit this is to them.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
51 minutes ago, Toshson said:

I find it pretty shite from The Rangers as well. To recall a player just to loan them to another club is poor form IMO. Unless Livin are contributing more to his wages I don't see what benefit this is to them.

It gives their promising young goalkeeper experience at a higher level for if they plan to keep him.  It gives him increased exposure if they don't.

If he is to be their number one, it also means that Livingston will field a stronger side against every other club than they will against Rangers.

It gives their promising young goalkeeper experience at a higher level for if they plan to keep him.  It gives him increased exposure if they don't.
If he is to be their number one, it also means that Livingston will field a stronger side against every other club than they will against Rangers.

I appreciate it's a higher level but given they've extended McGregor's contract, RM clearly isn't going to be No. 1. next season. Surely another 6 months at this level wouldn't be the end of the world and they could go with a loan to that division next season.

I appreciate it's a higher level but given they've extended McGregor's contract, RM clearly isn't going to be No. 1. next season. Surely another 6 months at this level wouldn't be the end of the world and they could go with a loan to that division next season.

Why wait 6 month when they could do it now?

1 hour ago, Toshson said:

You can't recall outside of transfer windows. So even if there was an injury and he was at Queens, they couldn't register him and then play him. He's going to come here and be first choice for us so a half season at a higher level is probably pretty invaluable for him at this stage in his career.

57 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Toshson said:

why is it pretty shite from the rangers?

they are recalling a player to play for a team in a higher division it is a no brainer for them doesnt matter if Livingston are paying more to his wage or not it is a big benefit to them that he can play in a higher division