The Queen of the South thread

13 minutes ago, SueSue said:

A new investor...... now that’s optimistic. Sorry delusional 🤓

26 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

ASAP the more investment the better 🤞

Not a farmer he  has a successfull Dumfries business .

This is the problem does the new director want to give   invest his hard earned cash in Queens time will tell 

2 minutes ago, the tactician said:

Will the rearranged game against greenock morton be  the saturday of the scottish cup?

From a selfish point of view i hope not as the nieces wedding is that day.

I mean who gets married when the football season is on will be glued to the phone to check the result 

I think so,  I'm sure the travel club were provisionally making arrangements for Morton or ICT depending on cup results. ICT got through but Morton are out so it would be sensible to arrange it for that cup Saturday rather than a mid-week. Don't think it's been confirmed by Queens yet though. 

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

No link but in terms of geography given that he stays in Carlisle, Christie Elliots ideal club travel wise would be the doonhamers if clubs in Scotland are being alerted to his availability 

Is he any good on the wing or is he predominantly a right back? I think he also stays up near Newcastle.

10 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Is he any good on the wing or is he predominantly a right back? I think he also stays up near Newcastle.

Very fast on the wing but weakest link was his crossing I felt - that was an element of his game I was desperate to see improve but never seemed too

9 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Ian McCall saying the 9500 attendance at Firhill on Saturday will pay the annual salary for at least one maybe two players. Shows how damaging that Queens Park defeat was for us.

Well, yes, the Queens Park defeat was a financial nightmare for the club obviously but I don't see any direct relevance to Partick Thistle's crowd against Celtic. We'd have been away to Kilmarnock, who had a crowd of 4,198 to play Queen's Park at lower prices than Thistle's game against Celtic was.

Stranraer probably made three or four times as much as Thistle from their trip to Ibrox with 48,000 there but we'd not have gotten that either.

Wasn't saying it was a like for like. Merely highlighting the benefits to some of our rivals of not making a rip roaring arse of the last round.

Well, yes, the Queens Park defeat was a financial nightmare for the club obviously but I don't see any direct relevance to Partick Thistle's crowd against Celtic. We'd have been away to Kilmarnock, who had a crowd of 4,198 to play Queen's Park at lower prices than Thistle's game against Celtic was.
Stranraer probably made three or four times as much as Thistle from their trip to Ibrox with 48,000 there but we'd not have gotten that either.

He’s absolutely shite on the wing. He’s relatively quick, and puts in a huge effort but he’s not nearly skilful enough to be an effective winger. The extra space he gets by being a fullback is crucial to his game.

I’m pretty certain he stays in Newcastle as well, and would think if he’s leaving Carlisle he’ll go to one of the conference level teams round that way rather than back up to Scotland.

23 hours ago, SueSue said:

Queens are a game in hand off being a couple of points off top four. 

Why do you think it will be so so different over the last 16 games. Replacing Faz is important I agree, but really ?

Would you like to name the two teams who are going to end up below us? Alloa and ?

4 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Hope you're right.

Arbroath and Morton for starters. If we replace El Bakh with a similar level player and sign another CM, no reason why we can’t finish ahead of Dunfermline and Thistle too.

Hope you're right.

Edited by JessieField
spelling.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hoping this is bullshit or we are in serious trouble. IMG-20200120-WA0011.thumb.jpeg.ca98430f022232371290b8e5f84f99a5.jpeg

Scott Burns has just retweeted it so it’s probably true.

Think it’s a bit of a pisser tbh the way teams can just pull a loaned player away like that without the loan club having any say.