The Queen of the South thread

40 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

Is this based on when he was with Queens, or more recent sightings of the player?

He has hardly played with Falkirk over the last few months .I have a friend from Carronshore who is a season ticket holder. He says he is the laziest player he has seen in a long time .

17 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Weeredbook do you ever have anything positive to say . I bet in your own mind you are perfect in everything you have ever done

Happy Clapper ? .

31 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

He has hardly played with Falkirk over the last few months .I have a friend from Carronshore who is a season ticket holder. He says he is the laziest player he has seen in a long time .

Happy Clapper ? .

Quite liked him the first time, would be open to his return if he got anywhere near the form before he left.

We are always "let's bring this player back "let's bring that player back" how about we try signing someone new to freshen up the squad?
We're like that when it's a decent player. Why wouldn't you want a previously successful player to return? We know what we need in CM, we know McShane is capable of delivering that. For me it's a no-brainer to take him if he's available.

Todd would be a fantastic replacement for El Bakhtaoui and an upgrade IMO.

McShane would be a completely pointless signing. We already have our fair share of beige, nondescript midfielders as it is. Plus we have used our quota of lazy, pea-hearted, Falkirk disasters by signing Lewis Kidd. Hard pass for me.

I don't get this Todd being an ideal replacement for El Bakthaoui chat,  apart from probably playing in the same position.  Todd doesn't have anywhere near El Bakh's pace for a start,  and I'm not sure if he can put crosses into the area as good as El Bakthaoui or get back to help in defence as quickly. Having said that he would probably be more of a goal threat,  he scored a few in his last time here,  probably more versatile in playing positions,  and would possibly be more consistent in performances.  I'd have him back no problem but I wouldn't expect to be comparing him like for like with El Bakthaoui. 

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 hours ago, football maniac said:
We are always "let's bring this player back "let's bring that player back" how about we try signing someone new to freshen up the squad?

We're like that when it's a decent player. Why wouldn't you want a previously successful player to return? We know what we need in CM, we know McShane is capable of delivering that. For me it's a no-brainer to take him if he's available.

Its just the way his career has gone since he left us. When he was last with us we had a hungry player looking to do well in the game, but in recent seasons it hasn't quite happened for him. He does however possess a good passing range and a quality set piece delivery so if we could get back the same player as the one who left us Id take him back. I guess its just because as a club we always look to sign players who used to play for us and them not always being the same in their 2nd spell which is putting me off. 

1 hour ago, Sankasouthy said:

Queens are playing Rangers this Saturday in a closed doors friendly. Hopefully there will be a couple of new faces playing for Queens?
Interesting emoji848.png

Hope so too, wonder if they could give us another loan as well McCrorie till end of the season.