The Queen of the South thread

I might be doing the Sunderland loanee a bit of a disservice as I know very little about him,  but it wouldn't have had me jumping with uncontrolled joy if we had managed to secure him.  Cue him playing a blinder the next time we play Alloa no doubt. 

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

The reserves lost 7-0 at Dundee Untied.

What is the point of having a reserve team it is just a waste of time and more important money ..

Everything we have should concentrate on the 1st team  squad .

Dundee United played a borderline first team looking at it. Mehmet, Wardrop, Freeman, King, Sow, Pawlett, Smith. Most of those would be starting for other sides at this level. We had a team of kids. The point in having a Reserve team is of course with a view to developing the odd player through to first team level. It's not costing massive amounts and if we didn't have a reserve / development squad we wouldn't have had Connor Murray or Lyndon Dykes here to name but two very obvious current examples. Or Kevin Holt for that matter. Gavin Reilly came through it, Ian McShane. Also players who didn't quite breakthrough with us but contributed a bit and have made careers elsewhere such as Pat Slattery, Scott Hooper, Aidan Smith, Ayrton Sonkur.

It's all a learning curve and the current group were pretty much started from scratch this season and are a young squad. Other than Benji Luissint who dropped in our lap a bit and Callum Williams everyone else in the current squad is a first year player. They'll continue to develop. Some of them will drift off or not make the grade but hopefully one or two will come through to be first team regulars like Holt, Murray and Dykes.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

22 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The reserves lost 7-0 at Dundee Untied.

What is the point of having a reserve team it is just a waste of time and more important money ..

Everything we have should concentrate on the 1st team  squad .

Against a strong Dundee Utd team looking at their starting 11.  Anyone have the Queens line up? 

35 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Against a strong Dundee Utd team looking at their starting 11.  Anyone have the Queens line up? 

I don't know it but as far as I know no first teamers were due to be involved (other than Gourlay and Irving). Willie Gibson might have played as a Trialist. He was considering doing so but I don't know if he actually did.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sad to see, looked like he'd finally found a good fit. Mad rule needing to play in the Moroccan league to qualify for the national team. Imagine if Scotland did that... we'd be shite.

We kind of are. 

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sad to see, looked like he'd finally found a good fit. Mad rule needing to play in the Moroccan league to qualify for the national team. Imagine if Scotland did that... we'd be shite.

As much as the rule is mad, it's completely untrue.