The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:
Who's that then? 

Probably Osman. Allowing Brownlie to go would be suicide given our lack of CB options.

Andy McCarthy seems to be a waste of a wage. Better loaned out to a league 2 side. 

From what I've seen I'd keep osman I think he's done well in the games I've seen certainly worth keeping.
Semple on the other hand I'd let go has had a mare of a season and a total waste of a wage.

Probably Osman. Allowing Brownlie to go would be suicide given our lack of CB options.

Andy McCarthy seems to be a waste of a wage. Better loaned out to a league 2 side. 

Tend to agree, done virtually nothing. But all depends if osman stays on, if he does I’d loan out mccarthy and try bring one in on loan. If not he’d be staying to bulk up squad as we’ll struggle to bring in anyone outwith loans

On 27/12/2019 at 00:04, gogs said:

Semple on the other hand I'd let go has had a mare of a season and a total waste of a wage.

I would keep Semple provided he is working hard to get back to full fitness and to regain his form. Has the potential to do well for us and command a decent transfer fee in a year or so if he's able to start fulfilling his potential.

AJ saying he hopes to make 1 or 2 new signings in Jan no players will be leaving  .

Osman should be offered a extension to the end of the  season  them maybe a attacking left sided midfielder on loan..

No point offering the rest of the squad extensions players will wait till the end of the season to see if they can attract better offers 

Edited by Northfield 53

18 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

AJ saying he hopes to make 1 or 2 new signings in Jan no players will be leaving  .

Osman should be offered a extension to the end of the  season  them maybe a attacking left sided midfielder on loan..

No point offering the rest of the squad extensions players will wait till the end of the season to see if they can attract better offers 

Every point making offers we aren't scrabbling around for a whole knew team next season andno 1 knows the future they could get injured in April or loose form guaranteed income for he next 18month or risk £80more or nothing 

It's time now for Queens to sign a couple of players that will add competition for places in the first team and push on for a top 4 spot.

It's a very tough, tight league but 1 or 2 good signings could make all the difference to what end of the table Queens finish. 

Along with signing players we must keep our contracted first team starters  ie Brownlie untill the end of the season. 

Correct, no offence to any of our players this year, as we’re doing okay. But likes of McCarthy, Paton striked me at times as panic signings, not knowing what league we’d be in till later on in May obviously plays some part. As long as our season doesn’t fall on it’s arse again, I don’t see a problem with planning ahead for next year. As already stated there’s 5/6 you’d get done and dusted now, Mercer, Kilday, Murray, El Bakh, Pybus. Then you’d need to see how it pans out for Semple, Osman, Lyon etc from here on in. I’d love to see us kick on, after falling away last two seasons. Hugely frustrating.

Looking back, absolutely mental the side we had last year ended up where it did. So much quality.

I don’t see a problem with planning ahead for next year. As already stated there’s 5/6 you’d get done and dusted now, Mercer, Kilday, Murray, El Bakh, Pybus. Then you’d need to see how it pans out for Semple, Osman, Lyon etc from here on in.

I’d put Lyon in the “get done and dusted” bracket. Goes about his business quietly and effectively, and can play in various decisions. The balance we have in the midfield three is superb right now.

As we seem to be keen to sign players for next season who aren’t Premiership standard, I take it we’re all assuming we’re not getting promoted via the play-offs this season, then?

And if the players aren’t good enough to get us promoted this season (especially the likes of Lyon, Osman, Semple and Oliver) why would we even be considering getting them signed up for next season?

52 minutes ago, Flash said:

As we seem to be keen to sign players for next season who aren’t Premiership standard, I take it we’re all assuming we’re not getting promoted via the play-offs this season, then?

And if the players aren’t good enough to get us promoted this season (especially the likes of Lyon, Osman, Semple and Oliver) why would we even be considering getting them signed up for next season?

Bore off.