The Queen of the South thread

I think yesterday was a prime example of us missing Dykes.  How many times did we balls up promising situations due to Dobbie and El Bakhtaoui not being on the same wavelength and choosing the wrong option.  They may get there yet as they are both talented players, but half a season in and I'm not really seeing much of an understanding between the two.

Dykes more than made up for his lack of goals by laying chances on a plate for Dobbie in a way no-one has really managed in either of his spells with us.

I think yesterday was a prime example of us missing Dykes.  How many times did we balls up promising situations due to Dobbie and El Bakhtaoui not being on the same wavelength and choosing the wrong option.  They may get there yet as they are both talented players, but half a season in and I'm not really seeing much of an understanding between the two.
Dykes more than made up for his lack of goals by laying chances on a plate for Dobbie in a way no-one has really managed in either of his spells with us.

It did take Dykes and Dobbie 2 seasons before we seen the best of them though.

There’s so much potential between Murray, Dobbie and El Bakh as a front three, but you’re right when you say there’s a lack of understanding. Although between Dobs and El Bakh being injured, and Murray being out of the team, they haven’t played together too many times.

I was listening to ‘Off The Ball’ in the car home and there was a query as to who was the oldest player to score a hat-trick in Scottish football. Dobbie was 36 when he hit his last hat-trick for us and he was named as a possibility (hopefully there are more hat-tricks still to come). I didn’t hear the end of the programme so I don’t know if the query was answered.

I wondered about Charlie Johnston who played for us into his 40s (I think), but I don’t know if he ever scored a hat-trick for us.

Anybody hear the end of the programme and was it answered? (Failing which I’ll try I-player....)

1 hour ago, QOSQOS said:

I was listening to ‘Off The Ball’ in the car home and there was a query as to who was the oldest player to score a hat-trick in Scottish football. Dobbie was 36 when he hit his last hat-trick for us and he was named as a possibility (hopefully there are more hat-tricks still to come). I didn’t hear the end of the programme so I don’t know if the query was answered.

I wondered about Charlie Johnston who played for us into his 40s (I think), but I don’t know if he ever scored a hat-trick for us.

Anybody hear the end of the programme and was it answered? (Failing which I’ll try I-player....)

I only heard bits of the show, but Kenny Miller scored at hat-trick for Dundee against Hamilton aged 38 so that rules Dobbs out anyway.

I particularly enjoyed this reply to the query though.

image.png.19becd0b501913773257a1e511b6b82e.png

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Papers today have you as one of three sides who want Ross Callachan on loan, Dundee also linked.

We have 2 loans to use but money is very tight I can't see us add anyone unless someone leaves us..

This is all because of the early Scottish Cup exit really cost the club a lot of money .

42 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We have 2 loans to use but money is very tight I can't see us add anyone unless someone leaves us..

This is all because of the early Scottish Cup exit really cost the club a lot of money .

Well there's already at least one leaving us in January so I'd imagine he/they will be replaced.