The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Taken from Herald today.... Although he can't have signed a contract just yet... 

Screenshot_20191220-094043.png

Not surprised but means we've lost a decent player for next season. Time we got some of the other guys on deals before we lose them.

Queen of the South lining up a loan move for ex Hamilton star Gramoz Kurtaj in a deal that’ll see Thanh Hóa Football Club pay 50% of his wage
Have you created a profile just to troll about made up signings or are you another boring alias?

My comment after the United win. No real surprise to see it looking likely. Like the poster above I'd have been happy to see him go a season or two ago but he seems to have screwed the nut this season and cut out the needless fouls. I think he could do a job if Thistle are challenging (in this division) next season, if they were to be promoted. It'd be interesting to see if he could hack it in the top flight though.

I remember watching Darren Brownlie in the play off games against Montrose and Raith at Palmerston last season. The lad was just making his way back into the team after a serious injury. He looked a different player, confident, not missing a thing in the air and more importantly, cutting out the silly fouls that would more often than not put us under pressure. He has carried that form into this season and I would put him down as an early season candidate for POTY.

The defence has been reasonably settled with Robbie in goals, Merce, Kilday n Holty and of course Darren. With his current good form it’s no surprise that other teams would look at him? Is Partick Thistle the answer, not sure.

It’s just a bit sad that every season it’s a rebuilding job at the Queens! With that back 5, Pybus, Murray, El Bak, Oliver, Sir Stephen and the addition of some quality players, especially in midfield we could maybe do quite well in the Championship. Unfortunately with the dwindling crowds and the current financial climate it will be a struggle!

Won’t stop me travelling a distance and paying my money to watch. I just wish the Dumfries public would turn up as well regardless of results. Anyway back to the main point, good luck to Darren if that’s his club for next season. A footballer’s career is a short one and I suppose money talks.....

I think at least 5 went to the Premier League.

Miller to Motherwell, Boyd to Hearts, McClaren to Hibs, Dempster to St. Mirren and O'Hara to Motherwell,  Reid went to Airdrie but I don't think they were PL then.

Of course, we all know the great Allan Ball could have played at a higher level too but with his business interests in Dumfries was happy to stay with us.

I think at least 5 went to the Premier League.
Miller to Motherwell, Boyd to Hearts, McClaren to Hibs, Dempster to St. Mirren and O'Hara to Motherwell,  Reid went to Airdrie but I don't think they were PL then.
Of course, we all know the great Allan Ball could have played at a higher level too but with his business interests in Dumfries was happy to stay with us.

From memory when Boyd went to Hearts they weren’t Premier League. Tommy O’Hara left us for Washington Diplomats but as you say did eventually end up at Motherwell. He turned down a move to Motherwell at the same time that Jimmy Miller joined ‘Well.

Glad Stephen has signed a new contract. Why are people gullible enough to believe he was linked with Partick?, which so happened to come about the week before we played them, these rumours were unfounded and probably started by a Partick fan. Dobbie has stated more than once he wants to finish his career at Queens. 

Glad Stephen has signed a new contract. Why are people gullible enough to believe he was linked with Partick? 

Queens were the club where he kick-started his career but it was McCall who gave him the kick up the arse he needed. If he had been linked with any other club I wouldn't have been concerned but given Dobbie's appreciative attitude towards us then it wouldn't have shocked me had he went back to McCall to help him with a promotion charge. On top of that, if the rumours that Rae and Blount are paying his wages are true then they may have withdrawn that next season.

Anyone concerned about the rumour were far from gullible IMO. Thankfully it's irrelevant now.