The Queen of the South thread

18 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Who was in the reserve line up on Monday against Hamilton?

Only Leighfield, Gourlay & Irving from the first team squad. Although all 3 must be seriously thinking about ther futures at palmerston. 

22 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Only Leighfield, Gourlay & Irving from the first team squad. Although all 3 must be seriously thinking about ther futures at palmerston. 

I don't know why you think Leighfield should be thinking about his future at Palmerston,  he's just getting over an injury and a Scotland U21 keeper is the only one ahead of him so he can't think he's being unfairly kept out of the team. Gourlay must be asking questions though,  unfit Semple preferred to him up at Dundee United and not considered for a start when Kilday and Semple are not available.  As for Irving I've not seen or heard enough about him to judge if he should get a chance. Reports and results from reserve games don't seem to flatter any of the fringe players. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I don't know why you think Leighfield should be thinking about his future at Palmerston,  he's just getting over an injury and a Scotland U21 keeper is the only one ahead of him so he can't think he's being unfairly kept out of the team. Gourlay must be asking questions though,  unfit Semple preferred to him up at Dundee United and not considered for a start when Kilday and Semple are not available.  As for Irving I've not seen or heard enough about him to judge if he should get a chance. Reports and results from reserve games don't seem to flatter any of the fringe players. 

These boys are benchfillers , and probably more important  they are cheap . 

Serious question from a fan who hasn't seen Queens this year (I live in London). How come we can beat Dundee Utd 4-0; Ayr Utd 3-1 and Dundee away 2-1 but get beat by Queens Park and be 7th in the League? I know injuries will play a part but we seem to be really inconsistent this year.

15 hours ago, Honky Tonk Man said:

Serious question from a fan who hasn't seen Queens this year (I live in London). How come we can beat Dundee Utd 4-0; Ayr Utd 3-1 and Dundee away 2-1 but get beat by Queens Park and be 7th in the League? I know injuries will play a part but we seem to be really inconsistent this year.

You're a QOS fan.

You know how this happens.

It's what we do.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 hours ago, Honky Tonk Man said:

Had a few players missing last week that returned yesterday and made a big difference. That team last week should still of been good enough to compete with Queens Park but it’s Queen of the South, we like to make life hard for ourselves at times. 

On 29/11/2019 at 17:12, Northfield 53 said:

Willie Gibson has now left Stenhousemuir will now  be a full time coach with us.

Better news on the injury front hopefully only Jack Hamilton missing tomorrow .

Will Wullie Gibson be helping out with the first team now then like Eddie Warwick did? Obviously he wasn't at Dundee yesterday due to the reserves playing but the more help for the players on the day before the game the better. 

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Will Wullie Gibson be helping out with the first team now then like Eddie Warwick did? Obviously he wasn't at Dundee yesterday due to the reserves playing but the more help for the players on the day before the game the better. 

I'm sure Allan Johnston will have his preferred and adequate coaching staff on match days and at training.  To be fair once Johnston took over and brought in his own coaches,  goalie coach aside,  Eddie Warwick's involvement in pre- match routine seemed to disappear and he was left hanging about like a spare one.  I suppose Willie could always gather up the training tops,  cones and practice balls before kick-off. It always looks a bit amateurish to me for the subs to be doing this,  especially when "senior" subs just walk off and leave it to a couple of the younger ones. What does the groundsman/kitman/van driver do once he has laid the kits out in the dressing room?  Surely he and his assistant could be out on the park gathering things up. 

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Brownlie is on McCall's January wish list...

Not surprised. I think a lot of clubs will be interested after his two assists yesterday.