The Queen of the South thread

McCarthy had every right to be pissed off when subbed  he was no worse than every other player never went near Johnston took his anger out on the dressing room door if I was him and Semple I would never play for Johnston again 
Johnston should be sacked tonight but Queens just don't have the money to get rid of him should never have been given a 2 year contract.
Did he balls. His first touch was awful, he looked shocked any time the ball came near him and his best chance he murdered over the bar. When I saw Paton getting stripped I said it'd be for McCarthy. When you are comfortably the worst performer in among that shite then you can have no complaints getting hooked. Shame he couldn't show the same passion on the pitch that he did thumping the door.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
14 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:
McCarthy had every right to be pissed off when subbed  he was no worse than every other player never went near Johnston took his anger out on the dressing room door if I was him and Semple I would never play for Johnston again 
Johnston should be sacked tonight but Queens just don't have the money to get rid of him should never have been given a 2 year contract.

Did he balls. His first touch was awful, he looked shocked any time the ball came near him and his best chance he murdered over the bar. When I saw Paton getting stripped I said it'd be for McCarthy. When you are comfortably the worst performer in among that shite then you can have no complaints getting hooked. Shame he couldn't show the same passion on the pitch that he did thumping the door.

Any player subbed 30 minutes into game has every right to be pissed off. Whether playing bad or not.

Thats why the majority of managers tend not to do it.

Any manager, especially an ex player knows full well subbing a player after 30 minutes is far more embarrassing to The player than the player having a bad game.

2 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

A have Heard the players are not happy with the standard of the training and dobbie is having to do two hours extra a day just to keep himself fit. You can tell by the body language of the team that there not playing for Johnson

Thanks for more information pal.

34 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

A have Heard the players are not happy with the standard of the training and dobbie is having to do two hours extra a day just to keep himself fit. You can tell by the body language of the team that there not playing for Johnson

They seemed to cover that up pretty well against Dundee Utd and Ayr !

Bring back your pal Gary Naysmith

At least you knew from his interviews that Naysmith cared. Johnston doesn’t appear overly bothered about being responsible for such a disastrous result in his. Quite happy to lay the blame squarely with the players. It’s not washing with me. He chose to play Holt out of position. He chose to sign utter dross like Kidd and Paton. He chose to keep two subs on the bench today despite our inept second half showing.

Not good enough.

58 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Where does the blame lie after yesterday’s result ?

The BOD , the manager or the players ...?

Possibly all of the above.

I'm not sure though, quite what the nature of the criticism of the board is here.  I'm certainly no champion of them, but I'm unclear on what they should have done to avert yesterday, beyond spending money we don't have. 

It’s always going to be difficult running with such a small squad each season due to our financial situation and when injuries and suspensions hit it we’re really in trouble.
With all due respect, we should still of had a good enough team yesterday to beat QP.
If the rumours of trouble in the camp are true then they need sorted ASAP

The board gave Johnston a 2 year deal off the back of beating Montrose and Raith Rovers.  That looks like being a huge error.  Presumably no-one else was even interviewed for the job.  It's absolutely incredible how often we seem to have people just walking into our manager's role due to being in the right place at the right time.

That's more a bigger picture problem than specific to yesterday though.  As far as yesterday is concerned I lay the blame almost entirely at the manager's door.

2 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

The board gave Johnston a 2 year deal off the back of beating Montrose and Raith Rovers.  That looks like being a huge error.  Presumably no-one else was even interviewed for the job.  It's absolutely incredible how often we seem to have people just walking into our manager's role due to being in the right place at the right time.

That's more a bigger picture problem than specific to yesterday though.  As far as yesterday is concerned I lay the blame almost entirely at the manager's door.

Johnston should never have been given a 2 year contract huge mistake now however poor Queens are he will either just continue or get sacked which won't happen as Queens just can't afford to pay him off .