The Queen of the South thread

17 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Anyone ...?

I’m signed up and my first payment has been sent. 

48 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I intend to make a monthly standing order/direct debit contribution but haven't looked into ways of setting this up so any info would be much appreciated. I realise this information has  maybe been well covered before now but it's passed me by I'm afraid. 

4F815AA4-F078-4486-8614-A769CE7FFEFE.jpeg

I intend to make a monthly standing order/direct debit contribution but haven't looked into ways of setting this up so any info would be much appreciated. I realise this information has  maybe been well covered before now but it's passed me by I'm afraid. 

There’s a Facebook if you’re on that with all the information.

3 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I’m signed up and my first payment has been sent. 

4F815AA4-F078-4486-8614-A769CE7FFEFE.jpeg

3 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

There’s a Facebook if you’re on that with all the information.

Not on Facebook but thanks to both of you for the info,  I'll get it organised now. 

Our game against Ayr on the 14th March has been moved to Friday 13th March as will be shown on tv.
Pish [emoji2959]
This is pretty pish, especially when you add in they moved the Dundee game as well. Ayr and Dundee will be 2 of the 3 biggest away crowds we get this season.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:
Our game against Ayr on the 14th March has been moved to Friday 13th March as will be shown on tv.
Pish emoji2959.png

This is pretty pish, especially when you add in they moved the Dundee game as well. Ayr and Dundee will be 2 of the 3 biggest away crowds we get this season.

It hurt Dundee for sure. That didnt help us. Not sure Ayr moving is that big a deal for the crowd. It might be, we will need to wait and see, but Ayr is at least close enough that people have time to get here if they want, unlike Dundee. It will hit fans of both clubs who travel from beyond the central belt but that was inevitable whatever game was picked. It's also already caused the cancellation of some hospitality and another table will likely change match, but again, that happens whatever game is picked. I would certainly rather they move Ayr than say Dundee United or Dundee's return trips. Or Thistle.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

It hurt Dundee for sure. That didnt help us. Not sure Ayr moving is that big a deal for the crowd. It might be, we will need to wait and see, but Ayr is at least close enough that people have time to get here if they want, unlike Dundee. It will hit fans of both clubs who travel from beyond the central belt but that was inevitable whatever game was picked. It's also already caused the cancellation of some hospitality and another table will likely change match, but again, that happens whatever game is picked. I would certainly rather they move Ayr than say Dundee United or Dundee's return trips. Or Thistle.
Perhaps, but it's still cold in March and that road isn't the best at the best of times. I think if it was reversed I'd be sticking to watching the game at home rather than travel up.

1 hour ago, trotsky27 said:

Have heard today All is not well behind the scenes and that shows in the performance out played and out classed by a third division side and it’s an ex queens player that paps us out the cup emoji35.pngemoji35.png

I don't know if all is well or not but dropping Semple completely from the teamsheet, then McCarthy openly dissenting when subbed after 30 minutes, suggests it's not a happy dressing room.

5 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I don't know if all is well or not but dropping Semple completely from the teamsheet, then McCarthy openly dissenting when subbed after 30 minutes, suggests it's not a happy dressing room.

McCarthy had every right to be pissed off when subbed  he was no worse than every other player never went near Johnston took his anger out on the dressing room door if I was him and Semple I would never play for Johnston again 

Johnston should be sacked tonight but Queens just don't have the money to get rid of him should never have been given a 2 year contract.

McCarthy was a disgrace today. A cowardly performance. He was deliberately moving into positions where he was marked so that he wouldn’t have to receive the ball. A real disappointment after his last positive showing at Palmerston.

The fact the solution to this problem was to bring on an even bigger imposter in Paton shows where we are just now thanks to Johnston’s recruitment.

14 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

When you sub a player after 30 mins he isn’t going to be happy. Hence McCarthy being a bit pissed off.

Especially when there was worse out there.

Semple has been carrying an injury for two weeks. Hence surprising he was even on the bench last week and not used at all today. 

I am wary of the “ all is not well behind the scenes brigade” Would rather hear some facts to back it up.