The Queen of the South thread

Spoiler

How is the tanner fund being going ? , fan and board  (Billy )   wise  .

On their Facebook page you’ll see they’ve a committee already in place and an account open for supporters to start paying in.
All they really need now is the Board of Directors thoughts on the idea and for them to formally back it. Until then it seems to be holding things up at the moment.

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

On their Facebook page you’ll see they’ve a committee already in place and an account open for supporters to start paying in.
All they really need now is the Board of Directors thoughts on the idea and for them to formally back it. Until then it seems to be holding things up at the moment.

Thank's for that .

As you may or may not already know a committee of Queens fans have launched the new QOS Tanner Fund. The idea of the fund is for supporters to set up direct debts to pay a monthly amount, whatever you can afford - be it a £1, £5, £10, £20 or more with the money going into a fund to help the Club increase the squad during transfer markets.

Following the launch The Board said “We look forward to meeting up with Richie Nicoll and his Committee in the not too distant future. Any funds raised will be additional to the existing player budget the club works on. We hope it will offer a boost in the future to Allan as he continues to build, shape and develop our squad. The idea has worked well at clubs like Dunfermline, Ayr, Dumbarton, Morton and Hearts and we have been in discussion with a couple of those clubs to see how they work to give total transparency”.

For more information on the Tanner Fund email QoSTannerFund@hotmail.com or visit https://www.facebook.com/QoSTannerFund/

From the OS

I noticed that Dumbarton are currently voting for their team of the decade on Twitter, so thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks ours is.

I'd go

Robinson

McGuffie Higgins Dowie

Carmichael McShane McKenna Burns Holt

Dobbie Lyle

I really struggled to think of a left midfielder, so changed the formation to 3-5-2 and included an extra centre mid.

I look forward to being told how wrong I am.

I noticed that Dumbarton are currently voting for their team of the decade on Twitter, so thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks ours is.
I'd go
Robinson
McGuffie Higgins Dowie
Dobbie Lyle
I really struggled to think of a left midfielder, so changed the formation to 3-5-2 and included an extra centre mid.

QOS HUB, a Facebook fan page, recently did a voted greatest 11.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I'd go

Robinson

McGuffie Higgins Dowie

Dobbie Lyle

Given that, in many respects, it's been a tremendous decade for us with some terrific players involved I don't think it's that easy. I'll have a think about this later but my starting point would probably be the best team we had in the decade (the one that finished 4th behind Rangers, Hearts and Hibs for me, not the double winning one of two years earlier) and then thinking about what other players might be better (Dobbie for one obviously).

Goalkeeper would be an interesting debate. Robinson in the double winning season was fantastic but not on his return. Zander Clark was a very good keeper for us. Robby McCrorie might be even better but it's early days for him.