The Queen of the South thread

On the subject of goalkeepers I see that Alan Martin has gone in the cream puff at East Kilbride. Benched for a game and has walked out! Manager gobsmacked at his behaviour. Deja Vu!

Unsurprising in all honesty. A poor keeper with an overinflated view of his own ability.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-boss-baffled-keeper-20714475

48 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Unsurprising in all honesty. A poor keeper with an overinflated view of his own ability.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-boss-baffled-keeper-20714475

“I don’t think it’s in keeping with someone at his level”. 

:lol:

“Nobody can question Alan’s ability as a goalkeeper”.

:lol:

22 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We're looking into it but I don't really know why he wouldn't be able to play, unless he plays and gets injured the night before of course. He's a keeper. Even if he actually plays for Scotland (and he's been sharing game time with Doohan so that's a 50/50 call), it shouldn't really prevent him playing the next day. It's not a double header and it's a home game. As far as I know they are released from international duty at full time at Tynecastle.

I don't see any Dundee United players in the squad but presumably Shankland will be in the full squad who are away to Cyprus on the Saturday. Unless he's exempted that will leave United short their main striker. They won't have any right to call it off unless they have two other call ups at some senior level. The 19's don't appear to have a fixture though?

As far as Shankland is concerned be a pity if he can't play against us. We have his measure every time  

Aye get the offer on the table ASAP if he's able to go another year.

Interesting about the statue. Alan and Billy are really good but I don't think it's a great Dobbie replica. I think Grado's face must have thought the same as Dobbie was trying to defend it [emoji38]

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Interesting about the statue. Alan and Billy are really good but I don't think it's a great Dobbie replica. I think Grado's face must have thought the same as Dobbie was trying to defend it emoji38.png

Don't think it helps with Dobbie statue showing him with beard very difficult to sculpt. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

We somehow must try and stop this poor run we are now on .It all went wrong in the 2nd half at Alloa 2 goals up and coasting we somehow draw the game this has affected the players confidence going into the Inverness and Dunfermline games we have struggled to score goals all season Dobbie sadly well off form   but now we are getting back to conceding  soft goals confidence is huge in football  ours must be very low just now  to make it worse we are now  starting to lose players through injury Brownlie Paton and now El Bak  things not looking good just now 

On 20/10/2019 at 10:40, football maniac said:

I got laughed at for saying Kidd was very underrated a wee while back. I've got to say after being initially sceptical magics signings are starting to look tremendous. El Bakh is starting to look like the player who Dunfermline fans raved about in his first spell there. I've never in my time saw a player at us with better close control. Now he's linking up with the Dobster it's hard to think of a more threatening attacking force in the league. Hamilton has turned out to be really useful too. Since he's been in, the Dobster has really improved so long may that continue. Kilday lots including me were abit meh. Punted by Morton, I automatically wasn't very enthusiastic about his signing but he is a great sweeper behind Brownlies tremendous enthusiasm for going for everything. Mccrorie for me has been our best signing. So commanding and an outstanding shot stopper. I feel he will be McGregor's long term successor at rangers he's that good. Pybus has for me been a step up from Jacobs too. He has the same enthusiasm and his passing is improving by the game. Holt obviously too. He's getting back to his old self which means best lb in the league material. Really not many bad signings on a low budget. You look at the bench and see Oliver, Murray, Osman, Semple and the versatile Lyon and feel we have options to look to should the need arise unlike last season. There were no youngsters there just to make up the numbers, whereas last season the bench was full of them. With what looks like one of the best defences in the league, and with the strike force starting to click I am suddenly getting sucked into that rare feeling of feeling positive! Uh oh.

Well the "Uh oh" has duly arrived.

It generally does.

On 01/11/2019 at 12:30, 19QOS19 said:

Interesting about the statue. Alan and Billy are really good but I don't think it's a great Dobbie replica. I think Grado's face must have thought the same as Dobbie was trying to defend it emoji38.png

On current form you would offer a new contract to Dobbie right now. ?

We should wait well into the New year before we offer him anything .

Northfield 53. Do you watch football because you saying you would think about resigning dobbie after the start to season he has had . Two words for you F..king Idiot
Thou you would probably not sign Ronaldo or messi as they have no knowledge of scottish football the sooner clowns like you stop supporting qos the better