The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, SueSue said:

Of course it’s connected to the first team players Queens had out. 

Worth seriously looking at the Kilmarnock team. Far more experienced than our side. Jackson alone has nearly 500 appearances. 

Semple, Murray and McCarthy are certainly not what I would call experienced. 

It really wasn't.

Simeon Jackson has going on for 500 appearances, yes but other than him only Iain Wilson and Dom Thomas have double figures of 1st team appearances at League level. In fact outside those three, I think only Connor Johnson with a handful of appearances for Walsall has even played a senior League game. Semple, Murray and McCarthy all have more first team appearances on their own than the rest of the Kilmarnock team added together. Connor Murray has played over 60 games for us (albeit a lot were sub appearances). Abdul Osman has over 300 1st team appearances himself too. Darren Lyon has more than 50 Premiership appearances for Hamilton. Gary Oliver has over 150 1st team appearances in his career.

You can debate the level, particularly of the younger players, but there's no doubt we had a more experienced side than Kilmarnock in terms of senior competitive appearances. And that's unusual for us in the Reserves. There aren't usually more than 2 or 3 1st team experienced players playing.

"We are respected wherever may go"

Wore the special edition Anniversary top on Sunday to the Sydney v Wellington Phoenix game. Partly because the sky blue is Sydney's shirt colour, mainly because it's a smart shirt.

Before the match a guy comes up to me and says "I never thought I'd ever see a Queen of the South shirt at a Sydney game". Turns out he collects football shirts and recognised the badge but was intrigued by the colour and lack of sponsor.

John at the Club Shop might have another international order now!

A wee insight into what our players really think about the pitch:

As a former Queen of the South player, he is well used to it.

Marshall said: “I would prefer not to play on them but I was at Queens and I played on it for four years.

“We know going into this game there can be no excuses.

“When I was at Queens the pitch was so dry and so we couldn’t really play football and pass it about.

“Sometimes it can be in players’ minds that they don’t want to play on it and that is already in their thinking before a ball is kicked.

“I am not one of those who will complain about them.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1008775/jordan-marshall-hoping-dundee-can-do-the-double-when-they-head-to-alloa/

Are the BoD actually involved in the Tanner Fund?  I imagined it would be a similar situation to the Barflies fundraising for the youths which the BoD has no actual involvement in (afaik). 

The BoD need to be involved for it to be a success IMO. No involvement would be a spectacular own goal by them so that’s why it’s vital they let the supporters know their feelings on the idea and help move the Fund forward.

Winner of our first monthly ‘wear @OfficialQosFC colours’ competition was Rob Clark from Annan. Pictured here with Trust co-chair @Jayne1919 Well done Rob! To be in with a chance of winning our November prize of a club shop voucher make sure you wear @OfficialQosFC colours!!

C3F9DB81-7653-496F-A99D-51CAF96656B4.jpeg

Qos goalie McCrorie called up for the Scotland under 21 squad for final group qualifying game v Greece at Tynecastle on Friday 15th Nov 7pm. Queens play Dundee Utd away on the 16th hope he gets to play in both.. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

6 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Qos goalie McCrorie called up for the Scotland under 21 squad for final group qualifying game v Greece at Tynecastle on Friday 15th Nov 7pm. Queens play Dundee Utd away on the 16th really hope he will be able to play... 

We're looking into it but I don't really know why he wouldn't be able to play, unless he plays and gets injured the night before of course. He's a keeper. Even if he actually plays for Scotland (and he's been sharing game time with Doohan so that's a 50/50 call), it shouldn't really prevent him playing the next day. It's not a double header and it's a home game. As far as I know they are released from international duty at full time at Tynecastle.

I don't see any Dundee United players in the squad but presumably Shankland will be in the full squad who are away to Cyprus on the Saturday. Unless he's exempted that will leave United short their main striker. They won't have any right to call it off unless they have two other call ups at some senior level. The 19's don't appear to have a fixture though?

46 minutes ago, coo shedder said:

On the subject of goalkeepers I see that Alan Martin has gone in the cream puff at East Kilbride. Benched for a game and has walked out! Manager gobsmacked at his behaviour. Deja Vu!

We are no longer on the subject of goalkeepers if you are bringing up that donkey.