The Queen of the South thread

12 hours ago, lowland star said:

Question for fans what percentage of the hard core fans who attend home games week in week out. Will do social media Facebook twitter ect
The reason I ask is this Saturday there will be unveiling of a carving at the arena and there has been no mention in local papers radio and not even on club website as a late forties supporter feel we are not catering for a lot of hard core support

Club website has now posted 

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Peas with a pie?  Rookie mistake; undoubtedly the cause of low ticket sales.

Has to be beans, aybody kens that.

Nonsense. pie and beans is the sign of a deviant.  Pie and peas all the way with vinegar and HP sauce.

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
16 hours ago, cooshedder said:
Calm down. Paul burns was a great and loyal player for us be in my all time team 
Don't like dissent on here some people emoji849.pngemoji849.png

It's a forum. Folk aren't always going to agree with you. Particularly if you say things that are completely wrong.

In your opinion crawley town are top class? Or as far as his talent could have got him

In my opinion you don't like people who don't toe your line 

In your opinion crawley town are top class? Or as far as his talent could have got him
In my opinion you don't like people who don't toe your line 
Can you point out where I've said they are top class? Can you point out where I've even suggested Gibson's career has been so much as excellent?

It was you who said Gibson achieved "nothing" which is wrong. For a young player in our town, aspiring to have a decent career in the Scottish leagues is something they would probably bite your hand off for.

Toe my line? [emoji38] Take a break from the internet m8.

Yeah I should cos I don't toe your line 
You really don't like people who don't agree with you 
Bye bye baby[emoji22][emoji22]
Seriously, even just a day or two.

It's a football forum, people are going to have different views. If you're going to get upset when people disagree with you then don't post, it's really that simple.

11 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Nonsense. pie and beans is the sign of a deviant.  Pie and peas all the way with vinegar and HP sauce.

When my old man covered games at Palmerston in the late eighties, and I got dragged/invited along, the pie and peas in the stand were the highlight!

Looking forward to a nice pie tomorrow and a win.  Should be a cracking game and as I remember if we keep McMullin quiet we can get the 3 points. I don't remember Shanklin getting any success against us last early season.  They call it the battle of the strikers. My money is on Dobs particularly after he sees his carving.

Before this saturdays game (Queens v Dundee United) the Queens Trust will be doing a bucket collection. 

In the past year the Queens Trust have been busy with:

Queens shirt draw entries,

Queens player sponsorship,

Matchday sign sponsorship,

Matchday posters sponsorship,

Promoting Queens on social media,

10 new wheelie bins for the ground,

Designed poster and participated in QOS Football Memorabilia Fair,

Participate in QOS Christmas Fair,

Purchased Queens Trust banner,

Sponsored page in QOS charity calendar,

Sponsored new kit for QOS girls under 7s,

Started ‘wear Queens colours’ competition,

Ran retro shirt auction,

Run Trust bookcase in Arena,

Supply free women’s products at Palmerston,

Supported Queens 100 years Standard magazine with advert,

Sponsored local youth tournament,

Purchased training equipment for 1st team,

Ran Dougie Doonhamer 21st birthday poster competition with local schools,

Selling old Queens programmes,

Increased Queens Trust membership to new record high with over 250 members,

And more...

Without our members and supporters none of this is possible. Please support our work and donate if you can to our bucket collection. Thank you.

4C1A6CFA-04D1-4F55-AB48-0B0FD8D2B245.jpeg

Great team performance today and every player put in a great shift. Really difficult to pick a MOTM. 
Not for me. I thought Brownlie was absolutely outstanding today. I don't think he lost a single header today and had the division's top goalscorer in his back pocket all afternoon. He really has matured as a player and if he continues like this I expect he'll be on his way to a bigger club soon enough sadly.

3 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Great team performance today and every player put in a great shift. Really difficult to pick a MOTM. 

That is what was so good today every player giving 100 %.. a really good team performance  from start to finish 

Have to give a mention to Michael Paton I really thought he was finished but today he was superb up and down the park all game was like a different player 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Not for me. I thought Brownlie was absolutely outstanding today. I don't think he lost a single header today and had the division's top goalscorer in his back pocket all afternoon. He really has matured as a player and if he continues like this I expect he'll be on his way to a bigger club soon enough sadly.

An absolute unit this season. Solid in the air. We’ve got the 3rd best defensive record in Scotland this season. 

Behave!

He is phenomenal in the air and has me rubbing my hands with glee any time opponents play a route one style against us.

He is lacking in several other areas though.