The Queen of the South thread

11 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

McCrorie is a step up, yes. Brownlie has improved massively as well. Mikey Doyle? I think everyone was gutted when he left, is Lee Kilday really a step-up? Defensively, Holt and Marshall are probably similar, offensively I’d have Holt any day. Mercer is Mercer, 6-7/10 every game.

I think Kidd gets a hard time of it. Wasn’t thrilled when we signed him, but he was good vs Dundee and brilliant against Thistle. Bare in mind his CM partner in these games has been the immobile Michael Paton. Probably Paton’s best game for us at Firhill since returning, and he probably our worst player!

I dunno. Am not sold on Holt at all. I think Marshall brings a bit more energy.. On the whole, I'd have Marshall over Holt but not by much.

In a side issue, I notice the bottom team of Division 2 is Stirling Albion. Anybody else remember when they used to call Queens "a pub team"? Also, are they not "run" by a Supporters Trust?  Apparently not always a recipe for success then, is it?
Bloody hell. I have bad memories of Stirling Albion in the early nineties getting drubbed by them 7-0 and another about 6-2

‪The Trust will soon be sponsoring new strips for the u7 Queen of the South girls team. Only possible thanks to the great support from our members and supporters.

This weekend we are doing a bucket collection at the @OfficialQosFC v @dundeeunitedfc game. Please donate if you can.‬

11 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Ach that's a shitter. According to article, poor advance ticket sales. Screenshot_20191016-155026_Twitter.jpeg

Peas with a pie?  Rookie mistake; undoubtedly the cause of low ticket sales.

Has to be beans, aybody kens that.