The Queen of the South thread

[emoji1787]
Well, obviously. We're becoming quite cosmopolitan these days. We currently have a French Moroccan in El Bakhtaoui and a Guadelopian in Benjy Luissint. Plus the Geordie Dan Pybus signed out of Norwegian football. Last season we had the Canadians David Norman and Fraser Aird, the American Ian McGrath as well as the Australian Lyndon Dykes.
We used to almost neer have anyone from outwith the British Isles.
We'll have had thousands of players in the last 100 years. Think the "obviously" is a bit extreme :o

19 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Just look at Lewis Kidd. Everyone was writing him off when he signed including Falkirk fans. After a slow start he's been great in recent times

10 minutes ago, SueSue said:

19QOS19 please comment.

giphy (2).gif

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We're going to be bottom by tomorrow night, aren't we :(

That is the kind of thing I would say but always get told I am being negative ..

Having seen Alloa play really well tonight I just can't see us getting to that level they actually passed the ball really well something we really struggle  to do and defended many corners another thing we struggle to do

Have said many times we should have used our 2 loans signing in August not wait till Jan when it will be to late 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We'll have had thousands of players in the last 100 years. Think the "obviously" is a bit extreme :o

I dont think we had a non British Isles player before Jeff McLean in the 90s. And Alex Williams on loan in the 80s was almost certainly the first black player. It is pretty obvious we havent had a Ghanaian before. I doubt we have even had an African, unless you count Kyle Jacobs.

I dont think we had a non British Isles player before Jeff McLean in the 90s. And Alex Williams on loan in the 80s was almost certainly the first black player. It is pretty obvious we havent had a Ghanaian before. I doubt we have even had an African, unless you count Kyle Jacobs.
You'll have to forgive my lack of player knowledge over the course of the last 100 years ;)

Just watched that Third Lanark documentary. Was a nice surprise to learn we were the last team to play them at Cathkin Park.

44 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's a lot of Ghanaians in the world. It's not that obvious.

55 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

There's a lot of Ghanaians in the world. It's not that obvious.

Name one who played in Scotland before say the turn of the Millennium?

Its about 30 years since Mark Walters was having bananas thrown at him playing in Scotland. With the very odd exception black players, particularly ones of foreign birth, are a pretty recent addition to the Scottish game.

It really is pretty obvious.