The Queen of the South thread

According to Wiki, I know I know, he finished last season at Falkirk. Was there from January.
3 games though so I don't expect them to be able to give a fair assessment. Hopefully Thistle can give us something positive.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Will await some feedback from Thistle fans. Know the name but can't recall him ever standing out or being either good or mince.

He was very good for Thistle in their Scottish Cup win here in 2018 when they were still in the top League. He played for Falkirk in both their 2nd half of the season games against us last season, a 3-0 win for them in Falkirk and the infamous 1-1 draw here). In fact he was the nearest player to Dykes for the 95th min equalising penalty incident!

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic said:
According to Wiki, I know I know, he finished last season at Falkirk. Was there from January.

3 games though so I don't expect them to be able to give a fair assessment. Hopefully Thistle can give us something positive.

He played a lot more than 3 games. Wiki also says Jose Quitongo's dad was eaten by a lion!

EDIT - Soccerbase says he played 15 times for Falkirk

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Since our top 6 finish Abdul Osman went on holiday mode. He started hanging around with the Pogbas and selling horrendous clothes. He had an injury at the time but looked completely uninterested when he returned and never gained any amount of form back.

The spells at Falkirk and one brief time in Greece*? Havent dispelled the opinion that he's done.

Was a good holding midfielder at his peak but I imagine he's years past it not and doubtful he's fit at all. His heart isnt in the game either. Will most likley be a wage thief for however long his contact is.

Since our top 6 finish Abdul Osman went on holiday mode. He started hanging around with the Pogbas and selling horrendous clothes. He had an injury at the time but looked completely uninterested when he returned and never gained any amount of form back.
The spells at Falkirk and one brief time in Greece*? Havent dispelled the opinion that he's done.
Was a good holding midfielder at his peak but I imagine he's years past it not and doubtful he's fit at all. His heart isnt in the game either. Will most likley be a wage thief for however long his contact is.
Oh good. I'm sure him and Michael Paton will be good buddies.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Keillor-Dunn?

44 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Would probably have him. His antics when we played Falkirk basically kept us up 😂

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In fact he was the nearest player to Dykes for the 95th min equalising penalty incident!

Might as well just sign Keillor-Dunn as well then 😂

BB9B4222-85A6-431F-93E7-82685B006C10.jpeg

Pre injury. Osman was an outstanding DM that single handily controlled games. We still haven’t replaced the good version of Osman tbh. But then he got injured and started his shitty hat business and football clearly became 2nd choice to him. 

I expect him to be a waste of space because he was his gash with Falkirk fighting relegation last season too.

Aye like SD said he played a lot more than just 3 games for us. He pretty much played every game for us after he signed.

Like most of the players to play for us last season I really don’t have anything good to say about Osman. He’s completely incapable of playing in a midfield 2 he always drops so deep so he’s just in front of the defence leaving your other midfielder to do a lot of covering. He’s also extremely slow. Like slower than Paul Paton slow. He’s a big physical boy and he did have some good games for us when he was able to put that to good use but he does give away a fair amount of fouls.

Obviously he was part of a really shite team for us last year which could have something to do with how poor he was but I don’t recall a single Falkirk fan that was wanting to keep him on this season.

Osman is an absolute charlatan. As others have said, decent for us in the top 6 season and then completely chucked it. I’d be amazed if - beyond maybe an initial good game or two - he does well for you. One of my least favourite players from the last ten years, purely because of his stinking attitude. 

Osman became a poisonous character in our dressing room - if you listened to Archibald speak of his time as manager and where it went wrong, he said he trusted players that in hindsight he shouldn't have. It is generally accepted that Osman was one of those players.

As others have said, he checked out both physically and mentally in the close season 17-18; and it would seem, has yet to check back in. Given that he spent more time trying to sell hats than he did trying to get fit, I'm not quite sure why it was such a surprise to him that he got hounded when he came back with Falkirk.

A real shame as he was as good a player as we had during our spell in the top flight.

Queens fans should also now expect Dumbuya to turn up on trial, possibly get a deal and then never be seen again.

53 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is this our first ever Ghanaian player?

🤣

Well, obviously. We're becoming quite cosmopolitan these days. We currently have a French Moroccan in El Bakhtaoui and a Guadelopian in Benjy Luissint. Plus the Geordie Dan Pybus signed out of Norwegian football. Last season we had the Canadians David Norman and Fraser Aird, the American Ian McGrath as well as the Australian Lyndon Dykes.

We used to almost neer have anyone from outwith the British Isles.