The Queen of the South thread

22 hours ago, SueSue said:

It’s very difficult to make a decent argument for A few but Hamilton is young with a lot to learn. I would like to see him in a front two with Dobbie playing off him. He certainly should not be out on the wing.

I have seen nothing from Hamilton to suggest he is good enough thought with his height he would be good in the air but sadly no  

We really need a new signing but it looks like even free agents will not even sign for us what we offer in wages must be very poor 

25 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I have seen nothing from Hamilton to suggest he is good enough thought with his height he would be good in the air but sadly no  

We really need a new signing but it looks like even free agents will not even sign for us what we offer in wages must be very poor 

What's 'good enough'? He's not long turned 19. I doubt he's going to score massive amounts but neither did Dykes. He's shown enough to be a physical nuisance to defenders. It was a 10 minute cameo but I thought he did very well as a sub against Morton defending from the front and I'm told he did well coming on at Inverness too.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Nail on the head .He isn't good enough .

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What's 'good enough'? He's not long turned 19. I doubt he's going to score massive amounts but neither did Dykes. He's shown enough to be a physical nuisance to defenders. It was a 10 minute cameo but I thought he did very well as a sub against Morton defending from the front and I'm told he did well coming on at Inverness too.

I thought Hamilton did ok leading the line in the opening spell of the League Cup game up at Morton with Dobbie absent,   he  won a lot in the air had a physical presence  and was not afraid to take players on on the deck. In fact the 20 minute spell at the start of that game was probably the best I've seen from the team this season,  they played with a bit of urgency and belief.  Unfortunately though after that opening 20 minutes or so the whole team faded until late in the game  before losing out on the bonus point on penalties.  If we're intent on hitting long goal-kicks and clearances up to our strikers then Hamilton might be a good option in there.  Of course that probably means one of Dobbie,  El Bak,  Oliver or Murray dropping out,  a tough call,  unless we play a formation to accommodate them all. 

Anyone know if there's archived highlights of old Queens games online?
Looking for QOS 2-1 Stranraer from July 2011, couldn't see anything on YouTube or the club website. Cheers.
The YouTube channel won't go back that far. Before that we used vimeo but it doesn't go back to 2011 either.

I can't remember when we started filming games, it's possible there's footage but you would need to get it directly from the club.

Pm Motd wannabe. If there is footage, he'll have it

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

The YouTube channel won't go back that far. Before that we used vimeo but it doesn't go back to 2011 either.

I can't remember when we started filming games, it's possible there's footage but you would need to get it directly from the club.

Will do! Thanks for your help.

‪Sad to report that the Queens Trust bookshelf collection tin at the Queens Arena had its money stolen and the cafe charity tin was also taken. CCTV footage is with the police. Our tin is now fixed with a new lid. We will be emptying the tin more frequently from now on and will no longer be posting the amounts collected on social media. 

Please keep up the brilliant support of the bookshelf. Thank you.‬

‪Sad to report that the Queens Trust bookshelf collection tin at the Queens Arena had its money stolen and the cafe charity tin was also taken. CCTV footage is with the police. Our tin is now fixed with a new lid. We will be emptying the tin more frequently from now on and will no longer be posting the amounts collected on social media. 
Please keep up the brilliant support of the bookshelf. Thank you.‬
Was it not tied down to begin with? You shouldn't have to but that's the kind of scumbags we have in society nowadays.

7 hours ago, Mr X said:

motd wannabe started filming games when the old SFL launched its SFL TV thing in its last season or two. 2012/13 was the last one for the SFL and he was certainly filming games then. Not sure if he started before that early in the 11/12 season though. Eric Moffat was certainly nvolved in bringing him in and sourcing sponsorship of a camera and tripod stand and he left as Secretary in 2012.

David Gow filmed games (unofficially) from the early 2000's through to about 2009 when the SFL started cracking down on unofficial filming from a terrace.

Drew Low has been filming games from the Directors box for as long as I can remember though. Presuming he kept them all over the years he'll probably have footage of the Stranraer game in question.

10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Thank you for Lyndon Dykes....that guy is some player

Marmite to Queens fans,  he maybe won a few more fans over with his displays last season but some will never be convinced he was a player at all.  He was pretty dire the season before imo but seemed to buck up his ideas and attitude. A lack of goals for us maybe didn't help him but he certainly did the hard work in a lot of instances that enabled  Dobbie get to his total. The role he's playing at Livingston seems to suit him better and he's showing he can score goals if used properly. Glad the move seems to have worked out for him. 

The season before last I wouldn't have cared if he left but as has been said above he really developed last season and linked up superbly with Dobbie. Shrewd move by Livi giving him an extension so early on because if Dykes can add goals to his game I expect bigger clubs will come calling.