The Queen of the South thread

It's going to be a lot tighter than most of you think. Once Dobbie starts scoring again, we will move up the placings.
And how's he going to do that with absolutely no service? The guy is our god and he is capable of scoring out of nothing but he isn't going to get anywhere near 20 goals if he has nothing fed to him all season. If we don't get a creative midfielder in we're going down and I'm afraid not even Dobbie is going to be able to save us from the shit this season with our current personnel.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:
It's going to be a lot tighter than most of you think. Once Dobbie starts scoring again, we will move up the placings.

And how's he going to do that with absolutely no service? The guy is our god and he is capable of scoring out of nothing but he isn't going to get anywhere near 20 goals if he has nothing fed to him all season. If we don't get a creative midfielder in we're going down and I'm afraid not even Dobbie is going to be able to save us from the shit this season with our current personnel.

Yeah and we can wave bye bye to any hope of a new contract as well. 

Think this maybe his last season anyway injuries age and travelling starting to take its toll
Just adding to the joy and happiness on here
Commented on this yesterday. I fully expect this to be his final season and it would be such a Queens thing to happen if the final season watching our greatest player is combined with a relegation. Particularly given it's our centenary.

1 hour ago, cooshedder said:

Think this maybe his last season anyway injuries age and travelling starting to take its toll

AJ to get the punt and Dobbie to take charge and fail to keep us up. What a horrible thought 😂

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, cooshedder said:

Commented on this yesterday. I fully expect this to be his final season and it would be such a Queens thing to happen if the final season watching our greatest player is combined with a relegation. Particularly given it's our centenary.

Yes, even if this season had started well for both player and club, I think this would definitely be his last season.  When he signed for two seasons initially, he was no youngster and it's remarkable he's been around for four, performing so well for an average to poor side.

This is bound to be the final one and I hope it's not as bad as early signs would suggest.  Either way though, his place in our history is assured for what he's already done and won't, I think, be dented if the last chapter is a bit crap.

I think we’ve finished 7th, 6th, 6th and 9th the last 4 years? Currently sitting 7th equal after 6 games. We are clearly a bottom half of the championship club at the moment in terms of crowds/finances/standard of player, etc. I think we were all hoping the return of Johnston was going to signal something better, but it looks like the calibre of player he has been able to bring in on our budget is going to mean another bottom half finish this season. Im still holding out hope that Dobbs will hit some form soon and we can bring in another couple of players to strengthen.

Hi Lads, sorry to bother you. 

I do a weekly podcast with a couple mates to do with everything Livi, but this week we interviewed Lyndon Dykes, thought that might be something some of you are interested in listening to ? 

He spoke very highly of the club but did mention he was a bit like marmite with some of the queens fans, he also spoke about Dobbie plus a whole lot more, feel free to give it a listen. 

I’ll link our website you can listen to it from that, or simply search for TalkLivi, we are on Itunes, Spotify, Soundcloud plus loads more, feel free to skip ahead to the interview or listen to it all, either way thanks for listening and good luck for the season. 

Website - Talklivipodcast.Libsyn.com

EB2BC8A9-ADB5-4FA0-B9A7-0F5B5873C316.png

Thanks for listening guys, Dykes has been outstanding for us so far this season, id go as far as saying if he wasn’t suspended yesterday we’d have beaten Aberdeen comfortably, that’s how big a player he is for us. 

He is better than I and quite a few other Livi fans expected him to be, a real pest up front and fits into our side perfectly and a better finisher than expected as well. 

As much as it’s great being in the top flight I miss the trips to Palmerston, I wish you all nothing but success. 

Hi Lads, sorry to bother you. 
I do a weekly podcast with a couple mates to do with everything Livi, but this week we interviewed Lyndon Dykes, thought that might be something some of you are interested in listening to ? 
He spoke very highly of the club but did mention he was a bit like marmite with some of the queens fans, he also spoke about Dobbie plus a whole lot more, feel free to give it a listen. 
I’ll link our website you can listen to it from that, or simply search for TalkLivi, we are on Itunes, Spotify, Soundcloud plus loads more, feel free to skip ahead to the interview or listen to it all, either way thanks for listening and good luck for the season. 
Website - Talklivipodcast.Libsyn.com
EB2BC8A9-ADB5-4FA0-B9A7-0F5B5873C316.thumb.png.bcb8c2f046db1bd87b3c47053042f19d.png
Thanks for that Andy. Good listen. If he isn't lying that bigger clubs were in for him then I've actually gained more respect for him. For a young guy to come out and say he was more interested in playing than the financial side is actually really good to hear and not too common. Also pretty honest about him wanting to go South but given he's signed an extension he clearly knows he has limitations just now. I'm not surprised he's doing well at Livi but I'm utterly gobsmacked he's rattling in the goals. I (eventually) really rated Dykes but his finishing for us was pitiful. I often thought he was scared to shoot and would rather look for Dobbie, so being a lone striker (?) may well be the reason for he's putting them away. It'll be interesting to see how his career continues.

Good little listen. Dykes will be a massive reason to Dobbie not scoring as many goals this year
It will certainly be a part of it but the biggest reason for Dobbie not scoring is unquestionably our awful midfield. We may well have scored some more if Dykes was still here but we'd still be low down the table. I reckon a front line of Messi and Ronaldo would struggle with that shite behind them.

4 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

McCarthy, Paton and Lyon were involved today with the reserves as they succumbed to a 5 nil defeat at home to Aberdeen reserves. 

This is what's worrys me how can AJ think that McCarthy Paton Lyon Kidd and Hamilton are good enough to play in the Championship why sign any of them 

Play Hamilton next to Dobbie in a front 2 and he would be very good. 
Lyon needs to get fit. Once he is he has played at a higher standard and will be good enough.

I'm doing my best to give the players time before I judge them but I've seen nothing from Hamilton that gives me anywhere near that kind of optimism. He seems to get his timings for headers so wrong that it's infuriated me at times. Given he was on the bench a lot for a poor Alloa side last season, I'm not expecting him to become anything more than mediocre. Though tbf to him, like Dobbie, there isn't a competent midfield behind him so he's probably fighting a losing battle.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, SueSue said:
Play Hamilton next to Dobbie in a front 2 and he would be very good. 
Lyon needs to get fit. Once he is he has played at a higher standard and will be good enough.

I'm doing my best to give the players time before I judge them but I've seen nothing from Hamilton that gives me anywhere near that kind of optimism. He seems to get his timings for headers so wrong that it's infuriated me at times. Given he was on the bench a lot for a poor Alloa side last season, I'm not expecting him to become anything more than mediocre. Though tbf to him, like Dobbie, there isn't a competent midfield behind him so he's probably fighting a losing battle.

It’s very difficult to make a decent argument for A few but Hamilton is young with a lot to learn. I would like to see him in a front two with Dobbie playing off him. He certainly should not be out on the wing.